MMA Photographer

FETT_the geek -
Game of Jones - The UFC photographer is so annoying at live events. Apparently there isn't enough cameramen blocking the view already.

They usually start with cameramen at alternate corners of the octagon, but if you are seated behind the photographers corner then all 3 corners in front of you have people standing on them for the fight. And somehow they find the largest photographer.

It's screened in high definition. Just take stills.

Also all the other photographers taking photos through the cage. Only a select few pics with the cage in them are any good. Sit the fuck down. Phone Post 3.0
You've got to be kidding? I've been to many events and never found any of the camera men to be in the way.

Also the "UFC Photographer" posts here and is a valued member of this forum... can't say the same about you. Phone Post 3.0
That's probably because you sit in the nose bleeds you cheapskate. Phone Post 3.0

Game of Jones -
FETT_the geek -
Game of Jones - The UFC photographer is so annoying at live events. Apparently there isn't enough cameramen blocking the view already.

They usually start with cameramen at alternate corners of the octagon, but if you are seated behind the photographers corner then all 3 corners in front of you have people standing on them for the fight. And somehow they find the largest photographer.

It's screened in high definition. Just take stills.

Also all the other photographers taking photos through the cage. Only a select few pics with the cage in them are any good. Sit the fuck down. Phone Post 3.0
You've got to be kidding? I've been to many events and never found any of the camera men to be in the way.

Also the "UFC Photographer" posts here and is a valued member of this forum... can't say the same about you. Phone Post 3.0
That's probably because you sit in the nose bleeds you cheapskate. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, that must be it. Thanks for coming out. Phone Post 3.0

rrefs -
FETT_the geek - Come on folks, make the damn shirt.
Hey man what's fett mean? Phone Post 3.0
It stands for Frank Edge Top Team.

Frank Edge was an UGer who passed away from cancer last Oct. I was fortunate enough to call him a friend. A few years back I flew out to New Jersey to spend some time with Frank and his wife, photograph them at a seminar and Renzos academy and attend a UFC with them.

Cheers bud. Phone Post 3.0

Elvis The Underground Photographer From The Land DownUnder

I like it!!!!!

FETT_the geek -
rrefs -
FETT_the geek - Come on folks, make the damn shirt.
Hey man what's fett mean? Phone Post 3.0
It stands for Frank Edge Top Team.

Frank Edge was an UGer who passed away from cancer last Oct. I was fortunate enough to call him a friend. A few years back I flew out to New Jersey to spend some time with Frank and his wife, photograph them at a seminar and Renzos academy and attend a UFC with them.

Cheers bud. Phone Post 3.0
Damn. Rip Phone Post 3.0

TTT

Still waiting on confirmation from the UFC....

Elvis - 

Still waiting on confirmation from the UFC....

Fingers crossed.

Hope you get it! I've been a photographer for years. Professionally until I joined the Army in 2001... Artist and hobbyist since. Phone Post 3.0

Very cool Mr Ghost... what do you shoot with?

Well alas it seems no go with the getting the Press Pass for the event. I will probably get access to the pre and post event functions (press confrerence, open workouts, etc).

I just wanted to say a bit thank you to the Kirik and the UG for your support. It was worth a shot!

Elvis

Elvis -

Well alas it seems no go with the getting the Press Pass for the event. I will probably get access to the pre and post event functions (press confrerence, open workouts, etc).

I just wanted to say a bit thank you to the Kirik and the UG for your support. It was worth a shot!

Elvis

Who at the ufc was being a big enough cumt to deny you? Seriously I want a name so I can antagonize them. Phone Post 3.0

Elvis -

Elvis

Wow. Wtf is wrong with the UFC? Oh let's not have a Aussie UFC veteran cover our Aussie UFC shows , and keep ex fighters within the organisation at any given opportunity. Every other reputable sport on the planet keeps ex players on staff as either coaches or whatever they can . But not UFC. Seriously fuck you idiots Phone Post 3.0

clown makeup -

If I recall correctly the effectively banned all independant photographers from the main event last year or the year before instead using their own photographer(s) for the main event because they were selling the images to Getty Images or something. I do recall Tracy Lee was suddenly denied credentials after so many years because of this. You may wish to re-apply as official MMA reporter for MMA.TV in order to get in for the fights instead of photographer for the fights.

That's what he applied for Phone Post 3.0

clown makeup -

If I recall correctly the effectively banned all independant photographers from the main event last year or the year before instead using their own photographer(s) for the main event because they were selling the images to Getty Images or something. I do recall Tracy Lee was suddenly denied credentials after so many years because of this. You may wish to re-apply as official MMA reporter for MMA.TV in order to get in for the fights instead of photographer for the fights.

Ya they just told kirik yup eat one. That's really rude. Who at the ufc decides whose in and out. I'd love to speak with them Phone Post 3.0

I don't think it's a personal slight towards Elvis at all folks. The UFC just has specific guidelines on who they allow cage side. If they make one exception they will have to make many more.

Sounds like Elvis will still be getting some access which is pretty damn wicked. I'm sure that with whatever access he gets he'll bring forward some amazing photos. It's the eye that's important, not the location. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_the geek - I don't think it's a personal slight towards Elvis at all folks. The UFC just has specific guidelines on who they allow cage side. If they make one exception they will have to make many more.

Sounds like Elvis will still be getting some access which is pretty damn wicked. I'm sure that with whatever access he gets he'll bring forward some amazing photos. It's the eye that's important, not the location. Phone Post 3.0
It's the ug not some svrub were all powerful Phone Post 3.0

caseharts - 
FETT_the geek - I don't think it's a personal slight towards Elvis at all folks. The UFC just has specific guidelines on who they allow cage side. If they make one exception they will have to make many more.

It's the ug not some svrub were all powerful Phone Post 3.0

I do not know what an svrub is... I'll assume it has something to do with a happy ending.

Look I'm disappointed but I understand. I appreciate all the support MMA.tv and the UG have given me. I'm hoping there is another solution we can come up with. I'm going to see if they let me take photos from my seats (usually they don't allow DSLR cameras into the events. 

Fingers crossed.

Elvis - 

Look I'm disappointed but I understand. I appreciate all the support MMA.tv and the UG have given me. I'm hoping there is another solution we can come up with. I'm going to see if they let me take photos from my seats (usually they don't allow DSLR cameras into the events. 

Fingers crossed.

I'm confident something will work out.