Monson Speaks Out About Arnolds !!

ttt

nostandards as you quoted "Pe De Pano beat Jeff Fair and square, Jeff used a illegal hold, although it was legal to use the can opener to open the guard, The fact of the matter is Pe used a strategy albeit a pussy strategy to win. Jeff knew fully the can opener as a submission is illegal and took the risk of using it thats just poor strategy. As far as the wade rome thing goes I would need to see video of that to make a proper judgement. But coming on the internet and name calling is not the way to get things done. It makes yourself look very classless."

If you use the crucifix, according to gi BJJ rules you can sweep with it but not submit with it. It is not an illegal move and any ref can tell the difference between a sweep attempt and a submission attempt. If we avoid things that could be interpreted badly by the rules each time, according to this tournament, you can't touch the legs either or it might be considered a knee bar or heel hook.

As far as the name calling and looking classless - Wade Rome is standing up for everybody that was screwed over, not himself. He donates his prize money to charitee after his events anyway so it isn't like he is just trying to get paid. He is trying to improve the integrity of the sport and obviously a ton of people on here agree with him.

Year after year I read about all the bad things that happen at the Arnolds. I witnessed it myself last year and will never waste my time with it again. I just hope people take a stand finally next year and lookm for alternative competitions.

"Monson did not give a formal apology to Dalla. "

he did. he posted an excuse here on UG a couple of days ago.

The Arnold's have been a clusterfuck since the beginning. I've heard soem crazy stories about the lack of organization.

There are a lot of people who are looking out for others best interests, but it's overshadowed because the people who truly are in control are not half as passionate as those helping free of charge.

It's sad to see quality competitors jerked around because people can't even get the rules to their own tournament straight. Regardless of who is at fault in the end, a referee should know the rules at all time and should be the _only_ person deciding when a match is stopped.

Any time when referees don't have the rules straight, and a guy on the outside of the mat can determine who wins then it's time for a change.

I did see a post mentioning the fans and competitors should be asking for a bigger room. That's sadly the mentality of the people in charge, counting on others to get the job done.

There are some guys who work their asses off at the Arnold's for nothing. If the main people in charge could show half the passion those guys do, then there wouldn't be a thread 8 pages long about what's wrong with the tournament.

ttt 4 "let the competitors decide it on the mat"

i was there as well and i have to say i agree with jeff--what zesaku says is true too, it was almost comical watching the combat-do people be so ignorant about the pros