More Legendary? Nog or Randy?

Nog.

Both kick the arse.

Their careers are kind of apples & oranges, because they're legendary for different reasons. But if you held a gun to my head and made me pick, I'd say Nog edges Randy.

Randy is legendary for his ability to win as the underdog, and consistent presence in championship fights, even though he's never been a dominant champ.

Nog is legendary because he was THE most dominant champ anyone had seen at HW.

A lot of people forget that Nog was Fedor before Fedor was Fedor. Does that make sense?

from memory i think randy tapped from strikes against Josh Barnett, cant say i remember Nog
tapping from strikes. its harsh, but we're talking about things that separate them.

Isn't that the fight where Randy's orbital bone broke? Do you know how much that hurts? When that shit breaks, you KNOW it's broken.

Nog

chawkins - 
from memory i think randy tapped from strikes against Josh Barnett, cant say i remember Nog
tapping from strikes. its harsh, but we're talking about things that separate them.

Isn't that the fight where Randy's orbital bone broke? Do you know how much that hurts? When that shit breaks, you KNOW it's broken.

Further evidence of what a badass mofo Heath Herring is.

chawkins - Their careers are kind of apples & oranges, because they're legendary for different reasons. But if you held a gun to my head and made me pick, I'd say Nog edges Randy.

Randy is legendary for his ability to win as the underdog, and consistent presence in championship fights, even though he's never been a dominant champ.

Nog is legendary because he was THE most dominant champ anyone had seen at HW.

A lot of people forget that Nog was Fedor before Fedor was Fedor. Does that make sense?

I think what you mean is Nog was the most dominant HW champ outside of Fedor and the 2nd greatest HW of all time.

It was Ricco that broke Randy's orbital not Josh and i dont recall if Randy tapped against Josh, i think it was a ref stoppage.

"Legendary" is subjective anyhow.

Its not asking who the better fighter is as Nog would probably be considered that but asking someone who is more legendary is way more grey.

And guess what? Comebacks a huge factor in what makes an athlete legendary and as noted, they are both the kings of diff kinds of comebacks.

I hate to quote Evil Yoshida but its similar to how he says Sakuraba isnt the best of all time but the greatest.

Royce's ability pales in comparison to today's guys but that doesnt mean he's less legendary, in fact...............

In North america probably randy. To hardcore fans probably Nog.

Both are legends though.

I'm a hardcore fan, and a huge Pride fan, but I think Randy edges this one out.

Nog will go down in my mind as the greatest fighter that ever lived. I try to block out the Fedor fights.

In his hey day I thought that if every one in the world got in a cage and fought no one would beat Mino. No one.

Has anyone ever thought that Randy was absolutely UNBEATABLE?

No.

No one has ever thought that about Randy.

He's good, he's a legend but he's not a god like Mino was and Fedor is.

David Weiß -  In the USA - Randy

In Brazil - Nog

In Japan - Nog

In the rest of the world - about even

being from "the rest of world" I would have to say NOG!

duh

nog

tj tapper - Nog will go down in my mind as the greatest fighter that ever lived. I try to block out the Fedor fights.

In his hey day I thought that if every one in the world got in a cage and fought no one would beat Mino. No one.

Has anyone ever thought that Randy was absolutely UNBEATABLE?

No.

No one has ever thought that about Randy.

He's good, he's a legend but he's not a god like Mino was and Fedor is.
True, Randy has been the underdog that somehow pulled out a victory. He has lost a few fights where he went in as the favor.

Yeah, the more I think about it...I'd have to say Nog.

16-9, never had a long run of title defenses or even a long run of wins (its been about a decade since he won more than 2 fights on a row), gifted title shots without earning them, allowed to cherry pick favorable matchups when switching weight classes, brutalized out of the HWs, and then brutalized back out of the LHW division.

Randy IS a manufactured legend. His accomplishments, and how he was even given the opportunity to get them, are not the stuff that legends are made of.

I think they are legendary for different reasons.  Couture it's because of the amount of times he was "suppose" to lose, only to come out on top time after time after time and Nog was for the run he had in Pride.  I don't think it's a fair comparison imo.  They are = legendary in their own right.

Noggonna say Randy... NOG!

Sadyv - 

Randy a legendary legend.

- EDIT.

Disappointed in your first draft, buddy.

Sadyv - 16-9, never had a long run of title defenses or even a long run of wins (its been about a decade since he won more than 2 fights on a row), gifted title shots without earning them, allowed to cherry pick favorable matchups when switching weight classes, brutalized out of the HWs, and then brutalized back out of the LHW division.

Randy IS a manufactured legend. His accomplishments, and how he was even given the opportunity to get them, are not the stuff that legends are made of.

Correctamundo.

WasaB
"
i dont recall if Randy tapped against Josh, i think it was a ref stoppage.
"

im going from memory ..
Randy tapped from strikes against Josh, surely someone can confirm yay or nay ?

Nog is an undisputed legend, and whatever happens in the next fight doesn't mean squat.

from Randy the best fight i saw
him in was a 5 round war against (fack cant remember
the name, brazilian striker, and the rematch ghandi
won easily, Pedro Rizzo :)