More Legendary? Nog or Randy?

I think they're pretty close to equal at this point.

Nog has the better record in his career and yes, was once considered the best heavyweight.

But Randy has 14 fights against champions or ex champions in his career

Randy is definitely legendary in his own right, but Nog is definitely more legendary. Also, I'll never forget Nog's fight against Cro-Cop, which could go down as my favorite fight ever.

Whambo - The fact Randy is 46 and competing at that level is what makes him such a legend. To say well Mino has a better record ignores the fact Mino was fighting guys like Zulu's kid, Nastula, kanehara...I could go on...Or there's guys that he shouldn't have even been fighting because they are undersized such as Henderson, Kikuta... again I could go on...

With exception of some early fights, Randy's record isn't padded at all, and as I've argued before his loss' to Barnett and Vitor shouldn't be included.

As a HW, Nog takes the nod. But Randy was always a bit small for HW, especially for his age where he wouldn't be as quick and mobile as in his youth. The fact he did what he did at both weightclasses to me makes him more impressive.

I truly believe this fight is for where they stand historically. If it's a war, an all out battle where Randy comes out on top I think it's rediculous to simple shrug it off and say well "he's not as good as when he was in Pride". Well shit, a lot of the ex pride fighters don't seem to be.

Nog has more quality competition at HW

Crocop
FedorX2
Barnett X2(with one victory over barnett)
Karnitov
HerringX2
Coleman
Werdum
Sylvia
Shilt

Randy has a lot going on at LHW but I dont think his HW record is as impressive

Nog all the way.

Having watched the entirety of both's careers, Id say Nog.

Randy though has shown an amazing ability to find a way to win through tactics. Nog through sheer determination. We havent seen Nog adapt and really be able to change things up when confronted with a tough style(exception being the 2nd Fedor fight where he looked great for the brief time it lasted)

Randy on the other hand has overcome elite wrestlers, strikers and BJJ guys by playing strategically tight gameplans.

Nog has beaten the same styles as Randy but he just chokes their river with his dead until they succumb to his subs.

Nog gets the nod from me for being nearly impossible to finish and having a much better record.

Nog for sure

Nog pretty much has his own ERA in Pride and would have been considered the Best Heavyweight ever if it wasn't for his losses to Fedor.

Couture's legend is largely based around his age and has rarely successfully defended a belt. He prides himself in being an underdog so when he wins, it appears much more spectacular.

Both are legends, but imo Nog is much more deserving of the title.

Nog is

Randy is more of an inspirational story

Nog, But not by a long shot like people are saying. Randy is also a legend.

Nog, Nog, nog, its big its heavy its wood

Nog has accomplished so much more.

we will find out on the 29th.

thats really a tough one. Nog is so legendary with his pride fights.. being the only man to hold the ufc and pride championship... and he is know for all out wars when he fights.

randy has had some of the biggest fights in mma with tito, chuck, vitor, brock... the hype alone over getting him to fight Fedor shows what a big name he is.

Lord, you guys can never answer a single question without stretching things like elastic and being disrespectful as a MF.

Its not like we're comparing either to someone's who not really legendary at all. Both are 2 of the most "legendary" so its gonna be an apples to organges debate.

Lol at the disrespect towards Randy. If someone like Randy can be disrespected so much well that says a lot about the so-called fans on this forum.

Nog has probably had the best comebacks ever within fights.

Randy has had the best comebacks after losses and nobody (nobody) has defied the odds like he has.

Nog

Wasa-B - Randy has had the best comebacks after losses and nobody (nobody) has defied the odds like he has.

This is true. I think a big reason that many fans feel that Randy's legacy is "manufactured" is because he has been given more undeserved title shots than anyone I can think of. It's kind of a moot point though as he always proves he belongs in there with the champs.

by the numbers, Nog.  And it's not close.

Randy is 6-6 in his last 12, 16-9 overall, has never won more than 4 in a row, and has been finished 9 times in 25 fights (really 8, if you don't count the Vitor eye cut)

Nog is 37-5-1, has never lost twice in a 4 fight span, has had winning streaks of 5, 6 and 13, and has been finished once in 42 fights. Two of his 5 losses were split decisions, and 2 others were Fedor.

As for competition level, Nog has beat 4 guys who beat Randy. Randy hasn't beat anyone who has beat Nog.

Both are legends, and in fairness the numbers don't really do Randy justice, but Nog>Randy

Nog

Both are on fairly equal terms, I think. Both are regarded as great tacticians when it comes to implementing their particular game. Randy has a bit wider berth, going from the classic era to the new and has the two weight class thing. I think Nog has the slightly better rivalries/classic fights, though.

caliphornia - randy has never really defended a belt at all. he just got thrown into tons of title bouts. nog actually defended his belt forever until he became almost invincible at the time. no comparison

Wtf are you talking about ? lol

NOG