Mousasi knee was ILLEGAL!

The Silva Fox -
Card -

"I thought I was going to win by DQ"

Did he really say that? Can't watch the video. I feel kinda bad for him.......actually fuck that I remember that night he dropped a clowning Silva...felt like he ripped out my heart and took a bite while I watched.
This...Weidman acted like a girl and got fucked up for it. I guess kind of like Silva acting like a clown...but yeah, (insert Serra fuck him pic)

Pat Giles -
anel2ka -

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - Thank you! This is the salient point.

Now, I know the sport is still young and we'll continue to make mistakes, but by that criteria Weidman should've been allowed his 5mins at the very least!

He was allowed 5 minutes. The doctor decided after he was complaining about the illegal knee (which was legal) that he could not compete. So game over. A warrior would have said let's keep going after the initial knee.
He doesn't get 5 minutes. The doctor gets 5 minutes to make an assesment.

it was LEGAL

Neither hand is on the canvas when the knee lands.

ValeTudo 1 -
Card -

"I thought I was going to win by DQ"

End of thread and argument. No one is blaming Weidman. He went down like he was hurt from the knee but obviously he was milking it but the fact is he went down and the referee stopped it as he thought it was a illegal knee and Weidman wasn't getting up. He stayed down the whole time.

Once the commission confirmed it was a LEGAL knee and going how Weidmans reaction from the knee and body language they made the right call in stopping it.

This sets a good example for all fighters who try to milk a situation and look for a cheap DQ win.

Karma won on the night. I don't want to see a rematch. Mousasi was going to win either way. Move on
ValeTudo1 is correct!

OP is full retard. Rule is 2 palms or fists. Go chug more cock, stupid.

Ryann Von Doom -
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
BubblesNS - watch the video. when contact is made the left hand is off the canvas. jesus.

Fingers are down on impact. Close, but still.

You're going by the old bullshit gameplaying ruleset. 

Try understanding the context of my comment...

Joe is always looking for controversy and at least in this case he was full of shit. Thanks OP

That video is pretty clear that he still had his fingertips touching. You can see his head start to go back from getting hit while his fingers are down.

that being said, it doesn't matter. It was legal.

I find it hilarious that people think the wrong call should stand because it was made first....

lol what? How about the correct call gets made which is it was legal strike and weidman couldn't continue 

Stea1th - 

I find it hilarious that people think the wrong call should stand because it was made first....

lol what? How about the correct call gets made which is it was legal strike and weidman couldn't continue 

Herb Dean breaking down the fight and what Dan did was called "polling" in the case the main ref was not able to get a clean look/angle of what happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PctTXEWEWtE

additionally, Weidman didn't know the date and was asked twice. Doctor stoppage was allowed.

not knowing the date is enough for a stoppage. i have no further complaints on the stoppage

Adopt Pride rules...problem solved.

Forssberg - Joe is always looking for controversy and at least in this case he was full of shit. Thanks OP
What are you talking about? You think that the referee calling a legal knee illegal, isn't controversy? If they never corrected their mistake, you don't think Mousasi losing by dq, over a completely legal strike, would be controversial?

None of this shit even matters. We know who the better fighter is. Gerard beat the dick out of Chris. 

Pat Giles -
anel2ka -

Now, I know the sport is still young and we'll continue to make mistakes, but by that criteria Weidman should've been allowed his 5mins at the very least!

He was allowed 5 minutes. The doctor decided after he was complaining about the illegal knee (which was legal) that he could not compete. So game over. A warrior would have said let's keep going after the initial knee.

it was ruled an illegal knee and there is no replay rule in NY so it was illegal.

scrapdo -
MGer - Jesus fuck.. Fingers do NOT matter. Its palms or a fist. Jesus mother of fuck.

This. How do all these people continue to ignore the rule? Are any of you who say it's legal actually reading? WTF

That rule is irrelevant because there is no replay rule in NY and the ref ruled it as illegal.

leifdawg - 
Pat Giles -
anel2ka -

it was ruled an illegal knee and there is no replay rule in NY so it was illegal.

It was legal. In the states that dont use video replays, the ref can consult with other officials outside the cage

source: Herb Dean on Luke Thomas radio show

leifdawg -
scrapdo -
MGer - Jesus fuck.. Fingers do NOT matter. Its palms or a fist. Jesus mother of fuck.

This. How do all these people continue to ignore the rule? Are any of you who say it's legal actually reading? WTF

That rule is irrelevant because there is no replay rule in NY and the ref ruled it as illegal.

Ref has to the start of the next round to make the call. It doesn't need to be in initial call. 

BubblesNS - watch the video. when contact is made the left hand is off the canvas. jesus.
Exactly! When the guy pauses the knee hasn't connected yet. Palm no palm who gives a shit his fingers were in the air