mtx audio fight night results?

Is there a thread on the live results for this show?

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

I just talked to Brett Chism, he won a split decision and he and Griggs got fight of the night honors.

i wonder if that gets them a free mtx stereo!!!!!!! if so that would be amazing!!!!!!!

ttt for the rest of the results!!!!

drewfickett1 - i wonder if that gets them a free mtx stereo!!!!!!!

Now that would be awesome.

Yes, I heard the fight between Griggs and Chism was a war. Mostly stand up and very close. Could have gone either way.

TTT for both of them.

Congrats Brett!

One of my guy's Brian Child won ...

TTT

TTT

RichDalton - Yes, I heard the fight between Griggs and Chism was a war. Mostly stand up and very close. Could have gone either way.

TTT for both of them.

It was a split decision, but I honestly think one judge simply marked down a penalty point incorrectly. Griggs was dedcuted one point for holding on to Chism's shorts.

The referee was the female official that has done a few WEC bouts -- Kim Winslow, I believe. She did not stop the action when deducting the point, which I think may have led to the confusion. Pure speculation on my part, but I don't see any other way to come up with 28-28. Griggs definitely did not win two rounds.

It was mostly stand-up, but not the most exciting fight. Griggs spent the entirety of the bout trying to push Chism into the corner and work for a takedown. Chism was frustrated at the strategy, but defended it the entire time. Chism would sprawl, then talk openly with his corner, look around the arena, gesture to the crowd -- all while Griggs was pinned to his waist looking for the takedown.

Chism landed a few good shots, and appeared to break Griggs' nose in the second round. I thought for sure the fight would be stopped when the doctors were checking his bleeding in between rounds. But it carried on, anyway.

The bleeding got worse in the third. It was on both fighters, and when the fight did go to the ground (with Griggs pulling guard) the blood was rushing into his right eye. That side was shielded from the referee (but right in front of the media), so she did not stand it up.

Griggs was actually more aggressive in the fight, constantly shooting for takedowns. But Chism remained calm (almost too calm), defending the shots and tagging his opponent when there were openings.

Clear-cut 29-28 turned into a 29-27 by the deduction in my opinion.

I would also agree that it was the fight of the night.

The Hyena - One of my guy's Brian Child won ...

and what is his childs name? ha

Good fights, great show! Was glad to help out and be a part of it!

The Chism fight was the fight of the night. Both him and his opponent were a bloody mess. Great fight.

The fans seemed to love it. They took a sport that they had never seen live before and seemed to really rally behind it. Many of them stook around for photos with the ring girls and the MTX Fight Team.

Good group of fighters there - Ryan Bader, CB Dollaway, Efrain (I don't remember his full name, sorry), Rory Singer, Cale Yarbrough, Jamie Varner and others.

Great show thanks for the support guys

How did Victor Moreno do?

mmajunkie.com has the full results

combatlifestyle.com has photos from the weigh ins.