MTX sponsored Hillary Williams wins Absolute

Congratulations!

Jesus christ!! That girl in the vid was about double your size. Do you feel that winning the way you did takes anything away from the accomplishment of winning a world title at black??

P.S. CONGRATS

Sounds like the big chick was just trying to call for chill dawg, what's your problem Hillary?

[quote]Tartan warrior - Jesus christ!! That girl in the vid was about double your size. Do you feel that winning the way you did takes anything away from the accomplishment of winning a world title at black?? P.S. CONGRATS[/quote] 

It takes a little bit of it, honestly, but I was up on points , it was just a matter of time and without a doubt we'll be competing again (just not in the next year, she's been banned from competition for threatening our tiny little ref and cussing him out) so I've got to get WAY better for next time. 

But, as  brown/black belt, we should know the rules:

ARTICLE 5º - FIGHTING CONCLUSIONS:

There is never a draw. Bouts will be decided by:

1-SUBMISSION

2-DISQUALIFICATION

3-UNCONSCIOUSNESS

4-POINTS

5-ADVANTAGES

1)- SUBMISSION: Submission occurs when a technique forces an opponent into admitting defeat by:

1-) tapping with the palm against his opponent or the floor in a visible manner

2-) tapping with his feet on the ground (if he is unable to use his hands)

3-) requesting verbally to the referee that the fight be stopped (if he can neither tap with his hands or his feet)

4-) requesting that the fight be ended if the athlete gets injured or feel physically incapable or unprepared Also:

5-) the referee may end the fight giving victory to the one that applied the lock if he sees a lock being properly applied and is certain that the Athlete is exposed to serious physical damage.

6-) a coach of one of the athletes may request that the fight be ended either by directing himself to the referee or by throwing the towel into the ring for any reason

7-) When an athlete is under a submission position and he screams or say "Aï" , will be the same as if he taps.

The referee may end the fight when one of the athletes is injured or the doctor’s examination proves he is incapable to continue. If this occurs, the victory will be given to the opponent as long as the injury was not caused intentionally by conduct worthy of disqualification.

8-)  When hte athlete request that are feeling cramps, will be the same as if he taps.

LOL @ that being in the rules..

Seems it's happened before?

Either way, it was a really nice throw.

I dont like how people call it Judo though..

It is no more or less judo than the armlocks or triangles you go for..

It's all judo.. 

Great job!!

It was a good win for sure. I think the more you compete on that level you'll learn how to cope with certain competitors and the problems they will pose.

Can you please tell Roli to STOP posting on the internet and get his game face on? I have a 5 hour drive each way to manchester this w/e and expect to see him win :)

LOL I think that was his last posting, he flies out to Manchester today. His beard is in full bloomed glory.

With that beard you can bet he is going to be searched before said flight..

Train Judo - With that beard you can bet he is going to be searched before said flight..

lol good luck roli. ive got quite a nasty beard going right now that will be known for the rest of the week as "DELGADO!!!"

CONGRATS Hillary!!! You've come a long way in a short time & and have made many fans along the way. Every ShootHook I have people asking if you will be there, most notably my mother and aunt (the ladies working the door)

congrats Hillary

So she has had a BB for like what, 3 weeks, and she is already rolling rough shot over entire tourneys?!

Damn Killary, you go girl. :-)

According to that rule list, it looks like Gabrielle qualified for #3, #4, and #8 for fight stoppage!

I think that one girl raped me one time...wait, I was willing.

Congrats Hillary, well done!

J-LauFan1 - "She pushed me around and the ref was telling me he was going to take points away if I kept fleeing the mat. She was pushing me out"

i cant tell if you know this or not but if someone is stalling (i.e. not engaging or fleeing the mat), you're supposed to push them out to make it obvious that the opponent is stalling.

Very true, but I was trying to push forward, but I was way weaker. I tried pushing back and circling and found myself outmatched.

Congrats Hil!

You coming to US Grappling Sub Only tourny on Dec 5th?

Gabby is actually 280lbs. Lana Stefanec is 220 or 230 and Gabby is much bigger than her.

How tall is she? Wait Gabby is 280 no wonder she cramped up.