MTX sponsored Hillary Williams wins Absolute

Roli, i have had enpugh of the hype. Im challenging her to a grappling match against the greatness that is I. I have never been defeated and have beaten someof the greatest BJJ players of all time including Nog, all the Gracies at once, GSP, and i out wrestled and pines Couture. So tell her to bring it.

By the by, this is all a lie and mucho congrats to Hillary. From what i hear she is a real wiz

JCPennington - By the by, this is all a lie

NAHHH, REALLY?

Some pics:

This was about when I decided I wanted none of Sheila's wrestling.

This is right at the moment where he points to the camera and says, "Take a picture with me?" and my response was a confused, "Me? Why?"

"

Wow if ever the term "Big Mama" was worthy of use.

Did the arena shake after she landed from your throw :-)

I'm just glad your throw was a good 1 & she didn't land on you. We may not have heard from you for a while

I just want to say Hill, for not practicing it or whatever, this is picture perfect drop seoi..

THAT'S A HUGE BITCH!

Hillary is awesome.

congrats hillary. keep on winning

PINKsinglet -  thats a big bitch, now you know how i feel when i have to grapple you Duff

Don't know why, but I found that hilarious.

Oh, and Congratulations Hillary!

Congrats! Awesome job!

ttt

Thanks again Zaba.  Sorry I missed this thread the first time around.  Great description of the matches Hillary. Congrats!

Congrats again but did you see this lil chestnut posted over on Graciemag.com

Gabrielle contests Hillary's version
'I never asked to stop the match'

Yesterday GRACIEMAG.com published an interview with Hillary Williams, champion of both the middle and absolute brown/black female divisions of the 2009 No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu World Championship. Hillary stated that her opponent in the absolute final, Gabrielle Garcia (Alliance), had ended the fight for having complained of cramps and further cited an article in the IBJJF regulations.

Alliance head commander Fabio Gurgel took the defensive for his athlete. "It's one thing for the athlete to complain of cramps, it's another for the ref to make that into a mistake," said the professor, by email.

GRACIEMAG.com sought Gabrielle Garcia's side of the story, and here is what the absolute silver-medalist and heavyweight gold-medalist had to say:

Gabrielle speaks out against referee Tanquinho. Photo: Alicia Anthony.

What is your view of what happened in the absolute final, Gabrielle?

"What happened is that I never requested the match be stopped. I had been feeling cramps ever since my third match in the absolute and the ref induced me to stop the bout. My arm was very far backwards. It was clear I was feeling cramps. And he asked me what had happened to my arm and I told him nothing, just let the match go on. So he insisted in wanting to know what had happened to my arm. So I said, 'Nothing, nothing happened!' So he asked me, 'you're feeling cramps, aren't you?' Those were the words he used. So I said, 'yes, I have cramps.' And he stopped the match and lifted her arm. I was bugged by it because I'd trained a lot, dedicated myself a lot; I have to come up with sponsors just to compete in the United States. I hadn't suffered a single advantage point the entire competition. This absolute was mine.

"I was really well prepared. And they took the dream from me. The way I see it folks don't want me to win the absolute because I'm bigger than the other girls and Jiu-Jitsu was invented for the smaller person to beat the larger. But that's not my fault, it's not fair.

"I have nothing against Hillary. She's always up there with the top guys at the championships, but everything that comes to you easy goes easy. She and her cornerman were asking for the match to be stopped. That's no sporting attitude, seeing as I wasn't asking for it to be stopped. They were the ones who started yelling about how I was unable to move my arm. Winning like that isn't valid. But I have nothing against her. I hope to fight her several more times down the road. I'm certain that at the next championship we'll settle it. I have nothing against her. Much to the contrary, I admire her a great deal."