MUCH RESPECT: PROPS TO BJ PENN!!! LONG LIVE BJ!!!

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - OP said he could never consider GSP a top fighter after losing to a smaller fighter, again I replied in this thread BJ lost twice to a smaller fighter without avenging his loss like GSP did

Huh? Find this fallacy. Never said that.

If you can find where I have EVER stated that, I will give you $100.

The haters.... Since they cannot debate the truth, they just make up lies to support their own delusions. Phone Post

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
Muzalini - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - OP said he could never consider GSP a top fighter after losing to a smaller fighter, again I replied in this thread BJ lost twice to a smaller fighter without avenging his loss like GSP did

So you resort to trying to take away from a legend to defend another? That doesn't make sense. I for one think they are both amazing fighters, I prefer to watch BJ fight simply for the action and I personally like BJ better for his willingness to fight in any weight class he thought he could challenge himself in which no one can deny or take away from him Phone Post

I don't consider someone who is 16-8 a legend unless he constantly faced the best fighters, I just don't think he has enough quality wins to justify the hype he gets

So is Randy Couture a legend? Phone Post

lionsoul -

The haters.... Since they cannot debate the truth, they just make up lies to support their own delusions. Phone Post

Actually - make that $1,000 dipshit.

Find where I ever said that. Looks like the morons and haters are out in mass tonight. Phone Post

. Phone Post

Muzalini - 
Muzalini - 

So you resort to trying to take away from a legend to defend another? That doesn't make sense. I for one think they are both amazing fighters, I prefer to watch BJ fight simply for the action and I personally like BJ better for his willingness to fight in any weight class he thought he could challenge himself in which no one can deny or take away from him Phone Post

I don't consider someone who is 16-8 a legend unless he constantly faced the best fighters, I just don't think he has enough quality wins to justify the hype he gets

Yes, He beat enough quality opponents for me to consider him a legend. BJ didn't

lionsoul - 
lionsoul -

Actually - make that $1,000 dipshit.

Find where I ever said that. Looks like the morons and haters are out in mass tonight. Phone Post

I would be $1000 of mine to $100 of yours. You still claim that Hughes is the best WW of all time lol get the fuck out of here. You will say anything to disrespect GSP, bitter BJ Fan is this guy. The king of bitter BJ fans has come out to play

Muzalini - 
Muzalini - 

Yes, He beat enough quality opponents for me to consider him a legend. BJ didn't

I like Randy but for you to say he fought harder competition is just dumb and shows what you really know. Phone Post

Muzalini - 
Muzalini - 
Muzalini - 

I like Randy but for you to say he fought harder competition is just dumb and shows what you really know. Phone Post

He beat better competition, BJ fought the GOAT twice so yea he gets credit for "fighting" the better competition, I go by who you beat, not how much balls you have to fight someone heavier because you don't like to cut weight

Muzalini - 
Muzalini - 
Muzalini - 

He beat better competition, BJ fought the GOAT twice so yea he gets credit for "fighting" the better competition, I go by who you beat, not how much balls you have to fight someone heavier because you don't like to cut weight

Who are Randy's top 3 vs Bj's top 3? Phone Post

Randy's top 3 are Vitor, Tito, and Chuck. And he lost to Vitor and Chuck also. BJ I would say Matt Hughes x2, Gomi, and Renzo Phone Post

LOL @ lionsouls manifesto

still butt hurt kid?

ausgepicht is squatdog'esque in obsessive behavior and hate for BJ. And the funny part is, he'd barely notice or hate BJ at all if ausgepicht wasn't canadian. It's pure white-knight defensive hate because BJ showed the greatest amount of disrespect for his beloved fellow canadian GSP. He claims he just hates BJ fans (and it might even be true), but the irony is, he hates BJ and his fans more than BJ fans love BJ.

LOL at the haters here who are too afraid to see the truth (the truth shall set you free).

Just look at the Anderson Silva vs. GSP fiasco:

- GSPs Position.  GSP doesn't want to do it at 170 (out of fear of losing the belt).  He also wants to fight at a 178 catchweight so that Anderson will not have such a big weight advantage over him.  

The last time I checked, GSP was not so nearly magnanimous to BJ Penn when he outweighed him by ~ 25 pounds come fight time (and he had to insure the win by greasing and cheating - thereby negating BJs ground game).  Also - let's be real - the difference between 170 and 185 (while 15 pounds) is much less meaningful than the difference between 170 and 155 (i.e. the difference in difficulty for the 155er is faaaaar greater in terms of overall percentage advantage to the heavier fighter in terms of weight).

Also - let us be REAL about GSP's weight disadvantage against Anderson Silva.  Over the past couple of years, GSP weighs between 190-195 come fight time.  That means that he could fight at Middleweight (185) and still have to cut weight to fight.  When BJ Penn has fought at Welterweight (170), he has weighed in (more often than not) at around 167-168 pounds (after eating a burrito and while wearing jeans).  Not even a close comparison.

- Anderson SIlva's position.  Anderson (instead of testing himself at against Jon Jones) is choosing to fight the smaller fighter so that he will have a weight advantage (to negate GSPs wrestling game).

I said it before and I will say it again:

- BJ Penn fought his entire career against guys 1, 2, 3, and 4 weight classes higher than him and challenged himself against the very best at EVERY LEVEL.  In the era of weight-cutting - if he were like GSP, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva, BJ Penn should have fought his entire career at 145.

- The minute GSP wins the Championship belt at Middleweight and Light Heavyweight... then and only then would he have accomplished what BJ has already done. 

- The minute Anderson Silva manages to win the Championship belt at Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight... then and only then woould he have accomplished what BJ Penn has already done.

To me - BJ Penn (as a fighter) represents ultimate truth.  The guy has tested himself at every level (and continues to do so - even to his detriment).  For all of you haters and non-believers - I encourage you to consider these sagacious words.  Perhaps some of you may have more respect for someone who has done more in his short lifetime than most of you will ever accomplish.

I read some of your post, then seen your top 5 goat

Unbeluevable thst bj has you convinced hes ahead of gsp Phone Post

ShoeMoney - Doesn't bj penn comm from money. Like billions?

If so yes he's not like any other fighter and shouldn't care about winning and loosing. Phone Post

You're a moron and a simpleton.

BJ's parents aren't billionaires. They EARNED their money after coming from NOTHING, actually living in their car at one point.

BJ EARNED his money as well.

Lol at these childish idiots who STILL reference a 33 year old man's parents' income.

Keep working hard and you can make it too, shoemoney. I know that seems impossible from that loathing septic tank you wallow in, but I can happen... Phone Post

Farewell Brock -  I read some of your post, then seen your top 5 goat

Unbeluevable thst bj has you convinced hes ahead of gsp Phone Post

I have always said great things about GSP.  Here are some things I have said many times:

- He is the greatest wrestler in MMA history

- He is the greatest tactical fighter (save perhaps Randy Couture) in MMA history

- He is the greatest point-fighter in MMA history.

While the first 2 are definitely compliments, the last (for someone like me) is not indicative of a fighter's greatness.  To me - greatness is a guy who is willing to lay it all on the line no matter what the consequence (win or lose).  I think GSP has had some amazing accomplishments.  I think he could have become (and still can if he changes his gameplan) the greatest welterweight to ever live... but it will take 1-2 years of FINISHING wins at Welterweight.

Sorry - but to be honest - I don't believe that GSP is even close to being in the same league as a BJ Penn (and I say that with complete honesty and humility).  If you were to ask the top 50 fighters of all time this very same question - I firmly believe that very few (if any) would disagree with me.

In my opinion  - that is the greatest testament and compliment to BJ's greatness as a fighter (i.e. the awe that other elite fighers have of him and his accomplishments).

In Phone Post

I agree with OP 100%.

buckshot44 - I agree with OP 100%.

Thanks brother.  Just speaking truth.  

It bothers all the disingenuous haters... but there is really NOTHING they can ever say that will negate this truth.

At some point - it is not even about one's opinion.  

You cannot just completely ignore BJs entire body of work.  Even if you choose to ignore it... how can you (at the very least) not respect it?

Thoughts to consider.

UGCTT_Suess - same old lionsoul shit. 

Just speaking truth to power brother.

If you disagree... that is fine... but I really don't think there is anything that you or anyone can say that can negate the truth of BJs career.  Certainly tough to suggest that you (or anyone for that matter) doesn't respect it.

By the way... I know how much you love your boy George.  Most people (who come from a place of fear, anxiety, insecurity, anger and hatred) will think the worst in me and my motives.  They think that I am somehow denigrating their boy.  The truth is that it is not my intention in any way in this thread (I have addressed some issues - but base my views on what I believe is a fair and honest perspective).

Said a different way - I come from a sincere and humble place.

To be clear - this thread is all about BJ Penn (and NOBODY else).

Those with small and limited minds will tend to think otherwise... and I can accept that.