MUCH RESPECT: PROPS TO BJ PENN!!! LONG LIVE BJ!!!

roguePND80centUGCTT -  Holy fucking FRAT, Batman

This Phone Post

Muzalini - 

It's like saying Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron weren't any good because of the level of competition they faced compared to today's pitchers. It's just dumb. Phone Post

They played decades ago,Penn was champ while Maynard, Henderson and Milendez were all fighting at a high level and he faced none of them. Not exactly the same thing.

Muzalini - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
Eloise Ann - 
Muzalini -  BJ was the greatest lightweight of his era, and do people seriously not like a fighter because of his fans? That's fucking retarded and shows the ignorance of people on the UG. BJ has done things no other fighter has and been successful so go drown yourselves Phone Post

I disagree, he was champ in the current lw era and he only fought 1 guy considered to be top 5 and he fought him twice and lost twice. He had one of his most dominant wins going into the fight with Edgar against Sanchez so don't start any time machine post prime talk. He just beat guys who were not that good

Weak troll or mental illness Phone Post

Tell me who are the top 5 lws right now, tell me how many were not fighting when BJ was champ, tell me who of them BJ fought and his record against them. Then call me a troll

Just because they were fighting doesn't mean they were contenders to fight BJ, and no one is saying BJ is a contender today. Phone Post

Even if that is the case, the top 5 talent in todays lw division would be lightyears better then fighting guys like Florian, Sherk and Stevenson. Nobody BJ has fought is even top 5 and he was champ 2 years ago, that says a lot about how weak the division was that he dominated. I can't put him that high because the degree of difficulty wouldn't justify it.

I give him credit for beating Hughes twice and proving to be the better standup fighter

Muzalini -  It's like saying Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron weren't any good because of the level of competition they faced compared to today's pitchers. It's just dumb. Phone Post

They played decades ago,Penn was champ while Maynard, Henderson and Milendez were all fighting at a high level and he faced none of them. Not exactly the same thing.

Careers overlap, I was just making a point. BJ was the champ when gray and Frankie were getting their first fights in the UFC. Are you saying he should have fought them then while he was young motivated and the champ? Phone Post

BJ already left the UFC once to find better competition so are you saying he should have done it again to fight Melendez who wasnt the champ when BJ was? Phone Post

And Ben Henderson was fighting at OFC in Omaha when BJ won his first belt Phone Post

Bj sent Gsp to the hospital. Gsp sent bj to the hospital. Gsp made bj quit inbetween rounds, worse than tapping to strikes IMO. Gsp won 2. Bj won 0. Gsp still holds a belt. Gsp has a better record. Has defended his belt more times. There really is only a comparison between the 2 in the minds of BJ fans.

However I will say I spoke to BJ pre Gsp v bj 2 and I told him I was a Gsp fan and he told me " as long as you support the sport it's all good" so I respect him for that. Phone Post

Muzalini - 
Muzalini -  It's like saying Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron weren't any good because of the level of competition they faced compared to today's pitchers. It's just dumb. Phone Post

Careers overlap, I was just making a point. BJ was the champ when gray and Frankie were getting their first fights in the UFC. Are you saying he should have fought them then while he was young motivated and the champ? Phone Post

BJ was champ 2 years ago, the best lws 2 years ago were still Edgar, Milendez and Maynard. BJ only fought 1 of them and he is 0 and 2

Muzalini - 

BJ was champ 2 years ago, the best lws 2 years ago were still Edgar, Milendez and Maynard. BJ only fought 1 of them and he is 0 and 2

You are still hyping about how BJ lost twice to Edgar towards the end of a long career. Get over it you obviously haven't competed in anything at higher than a grade school level Phone Post

Muzalini - 
Muzalini - 

You are still hyping about how BJ lost twice to Edgar towards the end of a long career. Get over it you obviously haven't competed in anything at higher than a grade school level Phone Post

Actually I mentioned it and you decided to debate with me. I simply said OP called out GSP in a serious way for a long time because he lost to someone who was natually much smaller then him, I simply said BJ lost to someone naturally smaller then him twice and he doesn't make a peep about it.

Muzalini - 

Gray trained with BJ, Melendez was in another organization which by your standards in other posts makes him an inferior fighter because he hasn't fought in the UFC so other than Frankie your points are not valid Phone Post

And the size difference between BJ and Frankie isn't even close to the size difference between BJ and GSP but that's s whole different topic and I don't defend BJ in any of those fights because he shouldn't have been in them Phone Post

He was talking about Serra, Serra actually himself said he could no longer cut to 155. Serra beat GSP, BJ never beat GSP

I will say pound for pound BJ is probably the best all around fighter we have seen from a skill stand point Phone Post

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - He was talking about Serra, Serra actually himself said he could no longer cut to 155. Serra beat GSP, BJ never beat GSP

Wow you are hoping and praying if you ate even bringing up the Serra vs GSP I fight lmao Phone Post

OP said he could never consider GSP a top fighter after losing to a smaller fighter, again I replied in this thread BJ lost twice to a smaller fighter without avenging his loss like GSP did

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - OP said he could never consider GSP a top fighter after losing to a smaller fighter, again I replied in this thread BJ lost twice to a smaller fighter without avenging his loss like GSP did

So you resort to trying to take away from a legend to defend another? That doesn't make sense. I for one think they are both amazing fighters, I prefer to watch BJ fight simply for the action and I personally like BJ better for his willingness to fight in any weight class he thought he could challenge himself in which no one can deny or take away from him Phone Post

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - OP said he could never consider GSP a top fighter after losing to a smaller fighter, again I replied in this thread BJ lost twice to a smaller fighter without avenging his loss like GSP did

I think you and lionsoul should handle this man to man, I got $50 on Anthony Phone Post

Muzalini - 

So you resort to trying to take away from a legend to defend another? That doesn't make sense. I for one think they are both amazing fighters, I prefer to watch BJ fight simply for the action and I personally like BJ better for his willingness to fight in any weight class he thought he could challenge himself in which no one can deny or take away from him Phone Post

I don't consider someone who is 16-8 a legend unless he constantly faced the best fighters, I just don't think he has enough quality wins to justify the hype he gets

Let's take a break from this and enjoy Frankie fight a legitimate LW, fights starting