MVP Wants Chandler Treatment In Potential UFC Signing

https://www.mmanews.com/news/michael-venom-page-michael-chandler-treatment-ufc-signing

2 Likes

Former Bellator star Michael ā€˜Venomā€™ Page feels he warrants a big-name fight for his UFC debut should he sign with the promotion.

Page entered free agency earlier this year following a long tenure in Bellator. It remains possible that Page could opt to return to Bellator on a new deal, although heā€™s listening to offers from the UFC, PFL, and other destinations.

Page hasnā€™t fought in MMA since a win over Goiti Yamauchi back in March. He also fought in bare-knuckle boxing last year, falling to Mike Perry at Bare Knuckle FC 27.
The 36-year-old Page isnā€™t the only top former Bellator fighter to draw interest from the UFC. Michael Chandler, who challenged for the then-vacant UFC lightweight title in his second promotional fight, has emerged as one of the promotionā€™s biggest names.

Chandler didnā€™t get a ā€˜tune-up fightā€™ for his first UFC assignment, facing Dan Hooker at UFC 257 and getting a first-round knockout. If Page opts to sign with the UFC, he wants similar treatment.
During a recent interview with David Adesanya, Page revealed what he wants his UFC debut to look like if he signs with the promotion.

ā€œI want Top 5, Top 10 max,ā€ Page said. ā€œI donā€™t feel like I need to prove myself all over again. I just want to go in thereā€¦and weā€™ve seen it with Michael Chandlerā€¦he fought a Top 10 Dan Hooker, great first win for him that just sprung him to title contention. Thatā€™s the route I see myself in, I donā€™t see it in any other way. I donā€™t need a warm up fight, and itā€™s not like Iā€™ve been out of the game for ages. Iā€™m ready to go now.ā€
Chandler is expected to face Conor McGregor for his next UFC fight, potentially as soon as December. He hasnā€™t fought since a loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 281.

Page is one of the most electric strikers in MMA today; with a karate style that has proven to be a difficult puzzle to solve. 13 of Pageā€™s 21 career wins have come by knockout.

The UFC remains a frontrunner for Pageā€™s services. If he opts to make the move to the Octagon, Page wants to be similar to his former Bellator colleague.

1 Like

Page vs Wonderboy, id watch

9 Likes

Chandler was a multiple time Ballator champion, MVP was a can crusher that fought for the title once.

8 Likes

MVP doesnā€™t have Chandlerā€™s accolades but Iā€™d still prefer him to get a top ten fighter. Wonderboy, Garry, or Luque. Or even winner of Holland/JDM would be good

7 Likes

Considering the money heā€™ll get, and the fact ther heā€™s in his late 30ā€™s. I canā€™t imagine them doing anything else than that.

6 Likes

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

1 Like

Great fight

2 Likes

War MVP

Better late than never

2 Likes

With his style age is a big factor, I donā€™t see him beating a top 10 in UFC but he should get someone in the top 10 for his debut regardless.

2 Likes

There are 2 fight maybe 3 fights Iā€™d want MVP to fight,
They are:-

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see him fight Wonderboy, Ian Garry, and Michel Pereira.
Pay him and put on exciting fights.
I think MVP may lose all 3 though but would be fun to find out.

2 Likes

Naw MVP beats anyone whoā€™s dumb enough to stand with him easy imo.

Luque, Neal, Thompson, Wonderboy, and Rakhmonov are all good potential fights for him. He would fit well with the top 5-10 of the division. Ian Garry would be good too.

Cuckchado Garry Vs Page would sell some tickets in limey land.

2 Likes

The retarded troglodytes that drive the majority of what takes place in the UFC and throw their money at everything know MVP for wearing the Thanos hand, rolling the PokĆ©mon ball, and think heā€™s a KO artist. Page isnā€™t top 20 UFC material, BUT theyā€™ll put him on a PPV or two to keep fatass, never competed, unintelligent, limp dick eyes on the TV :smiley:

2 Likes

And he loses all 3

Give him to TrailBlazer.