My gym just became a Lloyd Irvin affiliate

hendofanforlife -
bungee up - 
Muerto -
bungee up - I listened to him on inside Bjj podcast and thought his side of the story wasn't to bad.
I don't have a dog in this at all but I think people might be jumping to conclusions a little bit without knowing both his side.

Is there anyone else who heard that interview and what did they think? Phone Post 3.0

What part didn't seem that bad?

Have a listen if you haven't already.

The rape he was involved in with 7 other dudes or something. He said if he was guilty there's no way 7 black men in Georgia ( or some state) in the 70s would have been acquitted. Apparently a couple of them took a plea bargain just because they were shit scared of doing 15 years.
Bottom line if they were guilty there's no way they would have gotten off.
Makes sense to me.

As far as the rape incident (I haven't seen the video) he said two of his guys came to him and told him what happened so he believed them When he saw the video he said your on your own not because they raped her ( they were found innocent) but because they just left her there on the concrete naked "and that's not what we do"
That makes sense to me.
He also said someone who came out and spoke out about him after he already had left the gym then came back and started training with him again.
That's fucked.

It was a long interview and I came away thinking I'm not exactly sure who to believe rather than just assuming what everyone else assumes which is he's a piece of shit rapist.
Everyone dose fucked up shit but I kind of get where he's coming from if things went down the way he said
If not he's a dirt bag but all I hear is people jumping on the hate wagon that really don't know anything then I hear his point of view and have to acknowledge that it's probably closer to the truth than people who have never even met him.
Judge for yourself Phone Post 3.0

TLI shill account detected.

HE DIDNT GANG RAPE THAT POOR GIRL BECAUSE HE HAS A LIMP DICK. Thats actually how he got off of charges. 

I'm definitely not shilling for this guy bro.
I live in Brisbane Australia and train under Neil Owen.
All I'm trying to say is for somebody who's widely viewed at as being a guilty scumbag I expected his side of the story to be far more lame.

I've heard about Ryan halls letter but never read it. Will do in a few hours when I get a chance thanks to guy posting link above. Phone Post 3.0

DiscipleDojo -

I personally would not want to be in any way associated with a school officially "under" someone who's been involved in so much shadiness unless I knew for an absolute fact that all the charges and criticisms against them were completely bogus. Martial arts is about more than winning medals. 

If you haven't already, I would HIGHLY recommend reading Ryan Hall's open letter on the subject...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/121007439/Open-Letter-to-the-Martial-Arts-Community

Cheers

Will read soon. Phone Post 3.0

bungee up - 
hendofanforlife -
bungee up - 
Muerto -
bungee up - I listened to him on inside Bjj podcast and thought his side of the story wasn't to bad.
I don't have a dog in this at all but I think people might be jumping to conclusions a little bit without knowing both his side.

Is there anyone else who heard that interview and what did they think? Phone Post 3.0

The rape he was involved in with 7 other dudes or something. He said if he was guilty there's no way 7 black men in Georgia ( or some state) in the 70s would have been acquitted. Apparently a couple of them took a plea bargain just because they were shit scared of doing 15 years.
Makes sense to me.

As far as the rape incident (I haven't seen the video) he said two of his guys came to him and told him what happened so he believed them When he saw the video he said your on your own not because they raped her ( they were found innocent) but because they just left her there on the concrete naked "and that's not what we do"
That makes sense to me.
He also said someone who came out and spoke out about him after he already had left the gym then came back and started training with him again.
That's fucked.

It was a long interview and I came away thinking I'm not exactly sure who to believe rather than just assuming what everyone else assumes which is he's a piece of shit rapist.
Everyone dose fucked up shit but I kind of get where he's coming from if things went down the way he said
If not he's a dirt bag but all I hear is people jumping on the hate wagon that really don't know anything then I hear his point of view and have to acknowledge that it's probably closer to the truth than people who have never even met him.

HE DIDNT GANG RAPE THAT POOR GIRL BECAUSE HE HAS A LIMP DICK. Thats actually how he got off of charges. 

All I'm trying to say is for somebody who's widely viewed at as being a guilty scumbag I expected his side of the story to be far more lame.

I've heard about Ryan halls letter but never read it. Will do in a few hours when I get a chance thanks to guy posting link above. Phone Post 3.0

In court, he admitted he would have participated in the rape if he wasn't temporarily impotent.

He lives here in austin texas . I've been in his gym . South austin gym. They are a bang Ludwig officiate there as well . Anyway I've seen Loyd walking around in there. Almost joined until I heard all of the negativity around him and his students who were convicted or whatever Phone Post 3.0

Butt Hurt - Drill mount escapes ASAP Phone Post 3.0

lol.  vu-worthy

i'd never train at a gym affiliated with that piece of shit

TheRandomHero - He lives here in austin texas . I've been in his gym . South austin gym. They are a bang Ludwig officiate there as well . Anyway I've seen Loyd walking around in there. Almost joined until I heard all of the negativity around him and his students who were convicted or whatever Phone Post 3.0

Which gym? I don't know of any gyms here that are Lloyd Irvin affiliates.

Butt Hurt - Drill mount escapes ASAP Phone Post 3.0
Rofl Phone Post 3.0

wiggum - 
bungee up - 
hendofanforlife -
bungee up - 
Muerto -

Makes sense to me.

That makes sense to me.
That's fucked.

In court, he admitted he would have participated in the rape if he wasn't temporarily impotent.

Yeah, if those two guys would have gotten that girl a pillow to lay on instead of the concrete things would have been different!!

Dont let them bang, bro

bungee up - 
Muerto -

Makes sense to me.

That makes sense to me.
That's fucked.

I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you might be interested in.

rkm456 - 
bungee up - 
Muerto -

Makes sense to me.

That makes sense to me.
That's fucked.

Atlantic or Pacific?

BrckNoHitBk -

Your gym = you. Leave

Fucking this Phone Post 3.0

Leghound - 
rkm456 - 
bungee up - 
Muerto -

Makes sense to me.

That makes sense to me.
That's fucked.

Atlantic or Pacific?

Your choice. For a little extra I'll make it both.

I have some random person on my facebook that trains at a TLI affiliate. She often likes his posts so they show up on my facebook and he's always talking about the 1%er or whatever and there was a picture of a guy holding his bronze medals over a garbage can. From what I've noticed, the guy hasn't changed at all. I'm seriously considering unfriending her so I don't have to see that stuff. Also when he posts, there's a ton of comments praising him and not one saying anything negative.

what i'm saying is that I think this entire incident is more or less behind him. Sad.

RollHighAllDay - Ya, but a team that gangbangs together, stays together. They also beat all charges. Phone Post 3.0

Is that accurate, the guys who were suspected of raping their teammate were acquitted?

And one other question, why is Irvin considered a rapist ? Iirc, he didn't rape the woman. Is that just angry UGers labeling him that despite not doing it, or is there aother incident where he did rape someone?

Sorry, I haven't kept up much with this story.

Got my answers as I read through the entire thread.

Still would be interested to know how the others beat the rape charge. She consented? Not credible? Shitty DA?

used2wrestle - I have some random person on my facebook that trains at a TLI affiliate. She often likes his posts so they show up on my facebook and he's always talking about the 1%er or whatever and there was a picture of a guy holding his bronze medals over a garbage can. From what I've noticed, the guy hasn't changed at all. I'm seriously considering unfriending her so I don't have to see that stuff. Also when he posts, there's a ton of comments praising him and not one saying anything negative.
He probably deletes the negative ones if it's a fan page.
Also you can hide specific pages from being displayed on your feed, even if your friend keeps liking their content.
That's the only way I'm able to stay friends with certain people on there. Phone Post 3.0

I knkw from personal experience that you can't always believe it all. Me and a friend were put in a similar situation once . Me and him both hooking uo with this girl at the same time . We exchanged texts and talked about it before we picked her up . Totally willing on all 3 parties accounts . Everything was fine . We dropped her off after she wanted to stay up drinking . We declined and dropped her off. Next morning cops are at both our houses taking us downtown for rape questioning
I showed texts and screen shots to the police of her complete complement to want to have a train by 2 guys. The whole situation ended that same morning . Though I never went forward with filing suit against her for defecation of character and lying about me and my friend taking advantage of her . The difference with these two guys is the victim was unconciois . If the girl is asleep and you fuck her . That's plain rape . If she is drunk and willing and then regrets it the next day . That is not the same scenario . Phone Post 3.0