My opinion on Dern’s evolving accent

How is her English accent? Better or worse than the Portuguese accent? I'm no linguistics expert. I would think though,  everyone who speaks multiple languages has a bit of an accent.

You can hear her dropping the accent at times. Look at the 6 minute mark when she is called out about the translator, then you suddenly hear her English improve markedly.

She honestly seems to have a very low iq and as mentioned before, like some people in bjj 10-20 years ago who acted like they were raised next door to Aldo in a barrio, but were born and bred in some suburb.

C'mon, guys. This is totally normal.

I went to China for a little while and when I returned to the States my friends were amazed that I was speaking broken English with a heavy Chinese accent.

I was saying thing like, "Oh, herro prease" and "fa ra ra ra ra".

I still can't pronounce the letter L.

RenzoStudent2004 - You can hear her dropping the accent at times. Look at the 6 minute mark when she is called out about the translator, then you suddenly hear her English improve markedly.

She honestly seems to have a very low iq and as mentioned before, like some people in bjj 10-20 years ago who acted like they were raised next door to Aldo in a barrio, but were born and bred in some suburb.

good call. i was looking for a perfect moment to point that she is a fraud and that 6 minute mark is about spot on. if anyone wants to argue with that then they are beyond help.

Shepherd Wong -

I went to China for a little while and when I returned to the States my friends were amazed that I was speaking broken English with a heavy Chinese accent.

Lol

Maybe, like an actor can do (so many foreign actors sound American on shows) she faked the English accent to fit in. The more she got confident or back around her fathers culture, the more she got comfortable just using what was natural.

shaqitup -

You moved when you were 6? She spoke perfect English like 3 years ago.

Exact same situation imo.

Lol. Nailed it. Almost identical situation. 

rockfists - Maybe, like an actor can do (so many foreign actors sound American on shows) she faked the English accent to fit in. The more she got confident or back around her fathers culture, the more she got comfortable just using what was natural.

Read what you just wrote and tell me with a straight face that it is plausible. Why do people wanna make excuses for this so badly?

Shepherd Wong -

Lmao