My take on Arona/Jackson.

"Arona was winning the fight up until the KO slam from Jackson."

No he wasn't. He was doing good but he also proved he can't do to Jackson what he did to Henderson: he can't take him down and he can't take his punches. His only chance of winning was to get a quick submission because, eventually, he would have been GnP'd.

what about the TEETH????????

"Good thing you posted your opinion. Now, I can sleep at night."

"NO ONE CARES WHAT YOUR OPPINION IS DIPSHIT! "

If you weren't interested...you should not have read a thread titled MY TAKE on Arona/Jackson

That being said, I dont know why Arona didn't try to control Jackson's head to finish the triangle AND more importantly try to prevent him from getting enough posture to slam the shit out of him.

TTT

good post. Seeing that you also started a thread about getting Arona back in Pride, I was expecting to read excuses about the headbutt and all that jazz. But you made no excuses and called it like it was.

I agree with your assessment. Arona has proven in the past that he's a terrific fighter, but he's been boring to watch. This time he looked like an exciting fighter to watch, and he looked pretty darn good up until that slam.

All in all I thought the fight was good. I mean Rampage did what he does and Arona got knocked out. I do think the head butt helped the cause BUT I sure as shit don't think it was a "dirty tactic" or Rampage intended to have Arona's head bounce and hit him in the head.

Rampage won and I am glad. I'd love to see a rematch it could end with an Arona victory.
Oliver Fig