NAGA CHI - White belt beats black!

"jjchgo seems to have a vendetta against Carlson Gracie students....my assumption is that he's had his ass beaten by one of us....come on guys fess up......who beat his ass and hurt his feelings? Angry Foamy? Porra? GBJJ@TPA? matt murdock? come on guys fess up!!!!!!!"

i have nothing at against carlson students. i checked out his place in the city when i was living there, seemed like a decent group of guys. i actually a couple of old friends that train at his naperville place. some of you on the net tend to take this shit way to personal though.

cheers,

jj

First off congrats to everyone who competed in NAGA!
Jason Schmidt is the white belt from Curran's. This guy is so humble, I talked to him last night and he never mentioned anything about his NAGA matches. He, nor anybody from Team Curran is putting down another team.
Who ever started this thread is obviously not associated with Team Curran because that's not how we roll! Once again, congrats to everyone who competed I heard there was great competition in every division.

cry tough please send my congratulations to your team mate and to Team Curran. I think I speak on behalf of my teammates in that the only way ones learns and gets better is to lose.

Typically ignorant threads as this one are started by trolls, newbies or vaginal secretions who can only imagine what manhood feels like by living vicariously through others as in meridians case.

Take care

So in reality a Div III wrestler beat a BJJ black belt on points in a submission wrestling competition.

Neat.

I just checked with Helio and he said "it's OK, it's a win for Gracie Jiu-Jitsu at the end of the day"

"i have nothing at against carlson students. i checked out his place in the city when i was living there, seemed like a decent group of guys. i actually a couple of old friends that train at his naperville place. some of you on the net tend to take this shit way to personal though."

I train in Naperville also. Maybe it's your smartass comments that I take personal. What's the matter? You can dish it but can't take it?

"His post had less to do with the victory, because that happens all the time, and more to do with being disrespectful to our team."

I've actually trained with Pedro and have a ton of respect for his game. I still don't see where the original poster was disrespectful.

In any sport, when results are reported they don't just mention the winner. They mention who the players were so people can gauge the significance of the win. When you compete in public events I don't see why you'd expect anonymity.

one thing's for sure...

that guy kongo has huge black pectoral muscles...

Let me get the facts to all of you who read this...I am Jason's wife and I'd like to share my thoughts and opinions on the matter. First I'd like to say that we never knew this site existed until a friend called up and told us of the thread. Jason is from Team Curran and is a white belt. He has been doing BJJ for 1 year. He does have wrestling experience which is why he chose to do no-gi advanced. He lost last NAGA in the finals to the same person he lost to this time but he does the advanced to better himself as a grappler, not to brag about any wins as a white belt. He has much respect for the sport as well as all leaders and instructors no matter what color the belt. I do not know who started this and I understand that they were proud and excited for him, as his wife, I am too. No one meant any dis-respect to anyone or their schools. So though we are excited for his win that match and placing 2nd in no-gi advanced 2 times, we give a real shout out to Tulio Perrone who is the winner both times against Jason and is a student of Pedro Vianna. A team is a team in BJJ and in the end, the win goes to Pedro Vianna Jiu Jitsu Academy!!!

ttt

Congrats to him.
How many of those points r from takedowns?

I am not a bit surprised by the classy post by those associated with Jeff Curan. I have heard nothing but nice things about him. I suspected the person that started this thread really didn't represent the way Jeff and his students have conducted themselves in the past. Jeff is a proven champion and he students compete well. There is absolutely no need for any of them to share their accomplishments but putting down anyone because they stand on their own.

i am amazed that people take offense to the original post. where is it disrespectful? it kinda reads like an article out of the sports section, it just states the facts, so please drop your egos and get over it. it's not the end of the world.

Good points made, as always, by Gordon Hester. 

For all of you who want him to put the gi on...relax. He didn't start this thread nor brag about any wins. It was a No-gi advanced tournament. Of course he has grappling experience, that's why he did advanced. Yes, he won by points with take downs, but he was very tired. It was a heck of a match. He does not brag on anything and never said he could beat him with a gi. He did GI-blue belt, not black so he wasn't trying to achieve anything. If you think he did great, awesome. If you think it's no accomplishment or this thread was disrespectful, sorry. Point is he didn't write it and NAGA's over. On to the next thing...
P.S. I don't fight his battles for him, he's a big boy. I'm just very opinionated and confrontational. I don't like it but that's just who I am. He on the other hand is quiet and keeps to himself. He is trustworthy and loyal and quick to forgive. That's why we make a great team, we are good for eachother.
(You know I'm teasin...Jason told me you said that tonight at class. I was just gettin a kick out of it. LOL!!!) Gotta love Team Curran!!

"For the record, I think this thread sucks. We have wrestlers at the Carlson Gracie school who could do the same but you won't find us posting it on the internet. We celebrate TEAM accomplishments in public and individual accomplishments within the school walls. Also, belt level doesn't matter in the no-gi divisions but grappling experience does. Your guy was in the advanced division, apparently has wrestled most of his life and probably had just as good a chance to win the division as any one else. I don't see this as a major accomplishment, and I find your post to be disrespectful."

honestly man, i really think he posted the name and school just beceause if he didnt no one on the board would believe him...also your just bitched your guy got bitched by a white belt

"Stupid posts like this are what keep more blackbelts from competing. "

are u really serious...if they are scared to compete, they are pussies, plane and simple

"No-Gi Advanced does not = white belt you fucking idiot. No-Gi is a grappling match. Div III wrestling usually = 2 years middle school wrestling, 4 years high school wrestling, 4 years college wrestling + his BJJ experience. 11+ Years of grappling does not = white belt. This is a stupid fucking thread. You really underestimate wrestling."

THANK YOU. As a blue belt with a total of 1 year of BJJ training I got schooled by a "white" belt and laughed at by other white belts. Only to find out he has wrestled for 20+ years. People who disregard things such as 20 years of wrestling have no fucking clue how hard wrestling is.

u were a blue belt tho, mozilla, no excuses...i mean, thats what they teach u in wrestling

"honestly man, I really think he posted the name and school just because if he didn't no one on the board would believe him...also your just bitched your guy got bitched by a white belt "

Damn the noobs are stupid. Have you been reading the posts? I have nothing against the guy who won. Congrats to him. My argument is that this thread is misleading because it was no-gi, which has no belt ranks. The fact that he competed in the advanced no-gi division says that he knew his wrestling was on par with jiujitsu black belts. It would be different if this guy was really new to grappling, but he's grappled all his life. I'm not "bitched" by anything, and my guy didn't get "bitched" by anyone. Have you ever competed? Everyone loses at some time. Your ignorance has destroyed this thread, go back to AngryFoamy's posts and follow his directions for your life.....