NAME 9 HW's ahead of the Reem? Dana supporters.

carwin,nelson,werdum,JDS,mir,cain,fedor,lesnar are all better than reem. i know its only 8. i think he is top 10

EVILYOSHIDA - ^ LHW at the time was the 2nd deepest div. in all of MMA.

HW the most shallow.

if fedor was a LHW, his record would not have been half as good.

True, but it doesnt excuse or explain losing to EVERY single one of them. He couldnt even get a boring decision from Arona, made him finish a fight.

the islander - carwin,nelson,werdum,JDS,mir,cain,fedor,lesnar are all better than reem. i know its only 8. i think he is top 10

Okay, PLEASE explain how Nelson is better. The rest I can see people making arguments for but how the fuck is Nelson better?

"What about JDS? who has he beat to be in the top 10?"

LOL Werdum, Nelson, Struve, Cro Cop, Gonzaga.

I forgot to add Yvel to my list of JDS' wins. JDS would wreck Overeem.

piratepirate - 

Reem has beaten who?
Duffee coming off a KO loss,
Rogers coming off a KO loss,
Fujita coming off two fucking losses,
James Thompson coming off 4 fucking losses in a row!,
Tony Sylvester (actually coming off a fucking win)
Gary Goodridge coming off 3 losses in a row,
CC No Contest for insane nut shots,
Hunt coming off 2 losses in a row,
Lee ( who was 1 - 1 and his 3rd fucking fight),

You see where this is going.
How is ANY of that argueable for a top 10 slot?
Let alone a top 5 spot.
In his last 9 fucking fights he fought 2 people coming off wins,
and one it was the guys 3rd pro fight. Jesus.

THIS X 1 BILLION!

MMApostle -

For fun lets compare Overeem to JDS and Carwin. We'll go from when Overeem made his permanent Heavyweight switch.

JDS is primarily stand up(boxing)

Carwin pretty much only uses his stand up(Sloppy power punching)

Overeem has achieved greater things than both of them in striking and is the best striker of the 3.

Overeem is also good on the ground and has a great guillotine which is trouble for any wrestler shooting in for the take down. He hasn't been submitted by anyone but Werdum and that was a much smaller less skilled Overeem, he also took Werdum down multiple times and sat in Werdum's guard while Fedor got submitted in a minute or how ever long it was. Shane Carwin in the meantime is out getting subbed by Brock fucking Lesnar, and JDS got subbed by a complete no name only 3 years ago, around the same time Overeem made his permanent heavyweight move. To not rank Overeem in the top 10 is stupid.

Right,

I don't disagree with everything you're saying.

But you don't / can't rank on speculation.

If you're not proving it in the sport, you can't be ranked on it.

Get what I am saying?

Until he starts beating top guys, or anybody coming off a win,

he can't be ranked in the top ten based on maybe's

Sinner77 - 
piratepirate - 
fastrack - 
piratepirate -  Reem has never beaten a top 10 HW.

HOw can you rank him in the top 10?

He just won the Dream hw "title" over Duffee on a weeks notice who was coming off a KO loss.

Are you reem nut huggers fucking kidding?

until Reem PROVES it, you're just speculating.

he beat rogers who was top ten at the time, and who is basically a copy of carwin with similar record, worse wrestling but better cardio
Right, he was "SF HW Champ" and "defended" his title by beating a guy coming off a KO loss.

If Fedor / Brock / Anybody else was doing this shit you guys would be tearing them apart.

That isn't really Overeems fault, more SF's fault. And people do bitch about that all the time. That would be like you wanting us to be mad at Cain for Dana White not scheduling a fight for him.

What? I didn't say I was MAD at Reem for it,

I'm just pointing out he isn't fighting anybody,

he is making an MMA career of beating guys coming off losses.

If he wants to be in a top 10 setting, and fight real competition he needs to do so.

Based on heavyweights that can actually fight in the next 6-12 months, I'd rank JDS, Werdum, and Fedor ahead of Overeem, just based on competition.

If Cain were healthy, then I'd rank him number one, but rotator cuff is what reconstructive knee surgery used to be in the 70s and 80s. Terrible news.

Right beneath Overeem, I'd put Lesnar, Carwin, and Mir. Carwin always has the puncher's chance before he gassed, Mir could catch anybody using his elite BJJ, in theory anyway. I can't see Lesnar absorbing punches from Overeem at this point, maybe time will prove me wrong.

Why would Brock stand and bang with Overeem?

He could take him down and G&P him.

The take him down, then ground and pound game plan didn't exactly pan out in either of Brock's last two fights, and Overeem isn't likely to gas out like Carwin. I'm talking gas with a capital G.

Silverball - The take him down, then ground and pound game plan didn't exactly pan out in either of Brock's last two fights, and Overeem isn't likely to gas out like Carwin. I'm talking gas with a capital G.

Could that have anything to do with both Cain and Carwin both being good wrestlers?

Brock was able to score 2 TDs on a fresh Cain. Is Reem a better wrestler than Cain?