NATE Cheats and Still LOSES!

After nearly KO'ing Barnes with a cheap shot during a ref stoppage (for a nut shot), Nate still lost a UD to a 3-8 can.

Barnes laid flat in Nate's guard with no posture and both arms hanging out, and Nate still couldn't sub him. Couldn't sweep him. Got taken down at least twice. Was getting the worst of the stand up exchanges, even with Barnes keeping his hands too low.

And all this with Machado in the house.

I've never been a fan of Nate, but even I didn't think he was that bad.

Nice. wish I could have seen it.

purefight.org will have the fights up soon, I believe/

Awesome. I'll have to check it out.

Mepaqehe -  Nice. wish I could have seen it.

Guys, it was pathetic.

I hope they cover the proper way to execute a triangle choke in that seminar tomorrow.

At least he didn't lose via guillotine while in mount!

Christopher Barnes's Professional Record
Date Result Opponent Event Method Round Time
04/03/2010 Loss E Williams War Party 4/3/10 Submission 1 1:55
01/16/2010 Loss Waylon Lowe 5150 New Year's Revolution TKO/RSC 1 1:12
12/11/2009 Loss Robert Jamerson Season's Beatings Submission 1 4:38
10/24/2009 Loss Nick Masters OKO Nightmare in the Jungle III Submission 1 1:23
10/03/2009 Loss Christopher McDaniel XCF 10 Pro Fights Submission 2 1:09
NSF 08/08/2009 Loss Nathan Torrez King Of The Cage: Gunslinger TKO/RSC 1 2:02
06/27/2009 Loss Jeremy Spoon Harrah Fight Night TKO/RSC 1 1:44
05/30/2009 Loss Scott Lowe Freestyle Cage Fighting 5/30/09 Decision Unanimous Decision 3
05/02/2009 Win Jesse Kristofferson Freestyle Cage Fighting 5/2/09 KO 1 0:56
01/31/2009 Loss Jared Lopez Firelake Grand KO 1 2:20
11/29/2008 Loss Clayton Marrs Freestyle Cage Fighting: Bedlam Brawl Submission 1 1:31
10/25/2008 Win Robert Pineiro Nightmare in the Jungle 2 TKO/RSC 1 0:42
06/27/2008 Loss Enoch McDonald TAP Entertainment Submission 1 2:53
05/31/2008 Win Adam Stickley N-D-N Promotions 5/31/08 TKO/RSC 1 2:34

I counted 3-11, but he is up to 4-11 now... You think maybe Nates knee was bothering him? And I wonder if he made another 6g's for this fight?

It was a great fight, close decision. Nate almost got the KO in round one, there was nothing illegal about the punch that levelled Barnes, which is why there was not even a point deducion.

Nates ground game suffered from Barnes being covered in baby oil, which is the only way he escaped 3 triangle subs.

Other than that, Nate sucked. Barnes is alot tuffer than people gave him credit for.

It should make a great rematch.

it is true.. barnes was covered in oil.. i told nix twice and my corner also told him.. they never wiped him off. as far as the standup goes, he was swinging wild shots and only hit me twice on our feet. I knocked him down twice and was teeing off on his leg with kicks. I could not hang on to him at all on the ground.. I couldnt even angle my hips in the triangle to get an underhook on the leg.. and yes Barnes is a tough kid.

haha... Keep the excuses coming.

LOL @ "covered in baby oil." This is bigger than Greasgate.

But for the sake of argument let's say this is true. Baby oil didn't keep you from stuffing his shots. It didn't keep you from getting a sweep and keeping top position.

And LMFAO at claiming that knockdown in round 2 while Barnes had his head turned, hands holding his nuts, while Nix was stepping in because of the foul.

Marv, get the video up please!

I for one have never questioned Barnes's toughness. Dude comes to fight, hes just not very good at it.

Jayaresee, You seem upset?

pillbottle, Are you troling? Or are you claiming Nate really sucked? Serious business.

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Sometimes those Apollo Cook matchups backfire.

This makes Nagasaki seem like a campfire...

I THINK MR. NIX OR THE COMMISH WOULD HAVE NOTICED OIL ON HIM NATE.

AND IF IT WAS THAT BAD YOU COULD HAVE TOLD NIX DURING THE BREAK AFTER THE CHEAP SHOT.

jjmarine1 - AND IF IT WAS THAT BAD YOU COULD HAVE TOLD NIX DURING THE BREAK AFTER THE CHEAP SHOT.

Visit purefight.org for more Videos
purefight.org

If  only Nate had gone with the fake brown instead of the fake purple he'd have won this fight handily, imo.