NATE Cheats and Still LOSES!

UNFORTUNATELY.....JUDGING CLOSELY MIRRORS FAN APPRECIATION. THE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO AHHHH ARE GONNA GET SCORED BEFORE THINGS LIKE SUB ATTEMPTS AND GUARD WORK.

back to the subject of talking about what a bum nate is

NATE ISN'T A GIRL.

I am not saying points should be awarded for defense. However, if a guy attempts a submission and his opponent counters that submission with technique to escape that situation is a tie IMO. One guy went for a submission but failed due to his opponent's skill in defending. Slamming someone is not a defense move anyway. Slamming out of a triangle is an offensive move from a defensive situation. No one will teach you to slam out of a triangle as a defensive option. It is an offensive option when there is no chance of escaping.

If a guy attempts a submission and his opponent gets out, I agree that the opponent used skill to escape but on the other side, the offensive fighter had his technique fail so he would receive minimal if any points. Same song, different verse. In judging we are only looking for offensive techniques. It doesn't matter if you defend every single sub and strike, if you do not land something of your own you lose based on aggression and probably control.

The armbar/triangle slam scoring is not based on my own opinion. We were specifically given that example and instructed how to score it at a judging seminar taught by Big John McCarthy. The slam can cause damage but it is done sheerly as a reaction to escape what is being done to them. That is how we have been instructed to view it. There are several defensive techniques that can cause damage but we have been told to not score them as offense if they are in reply to an offensive technique. They made a big deal of paying attention to who is the aggressor and who is just reacting.

Now if there is no submission attempt and the fighter slams from the guard (like Gerald's last fight), that is viewed as an offensive technique and scored as such. Same with a guy on your back and you forward roll to smash his face into the mat.

So do counter strikers get penalized then as they are only reacting to the other mans offense?

Zilla2000 - 

That is how we have been instructed to view it. There are several defensive techniques that can cause damage but we have been told to not score them as offense if they are in reply to an offensive technique. They made a big deal of paying attention to who is the aggressor and who is just reacting. 

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - IMO a submission attempt that fails is an ineffective offensive manuever, no different than throwing a punch that misses. The exception is when the attempt causes physical damage. IMO the most important things are damage done, takedowns, and advancing of position. I don't care what BJM says about it. Submission attempts are nothing more than failed offense IMO.

Actually you just agreed with BJM.

Platypus -  So do counter strikers get penalized then as they are only reacting to the other mans offense?

A punch is not a defensive technique. Counter punching is still offense. Who's to say their opponent is not reacting to a feignt or being baited to throw a punch so they can be countered?

I am just trying to clarify not bashing...

Why is a round that includes two knockdowns scored 10-9?

There was not penalty or foul in that round as the kick was ruled an accident. Therefore two knockdowns in one round must equal a 10-8 round.

hmm this 10-8 round in MMA is unheard of I have yet to see one... it is like a royal flush you know it is possible but I have never seen one.

The knockdown after the nut shot can't be scored as such. If the knockdown counts then the fight is over right there.

Platy, I have had two royal flushes (in live play). I'd bet DAC has probably made one too.

Cyborg vs. Finney 10-7!!!!

But the point was they are rare like a white NBA star, or women who don't want me, I have yet to see one.

Did they score that 10-7 I thought it was more like 10-brain damage

Platypus -  Did they score that 10-7 I thought it was more like 10-brain damage

LOL, this^^^

If ever there's been a 10-7 round in MMA, that was certianly it. Finney showed she was one tough bitch, but that shit got to a point where it was just hard to watch.

AnthonySullivan - 
liquidsoul - Why is a round that includes two knockdowns scored 10-9?

There was not penalty or foul in that round as the kick was ruled an accident. Therefore two knockdowns in one round must equal a 10-8 round.

Why?  Because this isn't boxing. 

The answer to Why? is that Nate and his camp are embarassed (as they should be) about losing to a 3-11 bum and need some way to help ease the humiliation. Telling themselves it was somehow contraversial probably lets them sleep better at night.

The ref doesn't call knockdowns in MMA like they do in boxing. I think that would have to be the case for a change in scoring. Otherwise you would have three differetn people trying to decide what is and isn't a knockdown. The scores would be even more unique than they already are IMO. There are three of us here that have already disagreed on how many knockdowns there were in that one round.

pillbottle - 
AnthonySullivan - 
liquidsoul - Why is a round that includes two knockdowns scored 10-9?

Why?  Because this isn't boxing. 

The answer to Why? is that Nate and his camp are embarassed (as they should be) about losing to a 3-11 bum and need some way to help ease the humiliation. Telling themselves it was somehow contraversial probably lets them sleep better at night.

the bottom line is you are just a prick who doesnt like me in the first place. Who the hell are you to talk so must shit? your mma record isnt so great that you should be talkin shit. Barnes has more mma experiance than you do. Ive already stated my thoughts on the fight, you are just a fuckin pee brain who spends 90% of his time on forums talking down about others. quit letting me consume so much of your time. I get it, you dont like me, you are not a fan, everyone else on here gets it to, move on. I am not humiliated at all over the fight, I learned alot and re learned alot.

Nate needs his green name, email Kirik about it.