NATE Cheats and Still LOSES!

budnik v nate for a main event....what a jiu jitsu display we would get!

LOL, we'd see a BJJ clinic all right.

one sided smashing IMO...

NATE WOULD NEVER TAKE THAT FIGHT.

Platy vs Nate!!!!!!!

I seriously cant believe Nate lost to Barnes, now i think Kenny has a chance at kicking his ass.

Kenny vs Nate on a neutral promoter's card or a co-promotion between XFL and FCF would be legendary! It is too bad the promotional side of things will prevent this fight from happening!

I might give kenny a chance now to!

TTT

they should be weighed more than they are....but nate is a moron

1 Like

they should be weighed more than they are....but nate is a moron

YEAH I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE WOULD HAE SCORED THE FIGHT FOR NATE. I WAS IN THE 5TH ROW AND I SAW THE WHOLE DEAL. HE HAD HIS MOMENTS BUT DIDN'T WIN IMO.

he had his moments when he cheated

I THINK SUB ATTEMPTS SHOULD BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION, BUT NOT SCORED UNLESS IT IS A NEAR SUBMISSION...WHERE THE OTHER GUY HAD TO FIGHT IT OFF. JUST GOING FOR A SUB AND MISSING IS THE SAME AS TAKING A LOUSY SHOT...SHOULDN'T BE COUNTED. BUT, A SUB THAT IS ACTUALLY LANDED BUT MAYBE NOT FINISHED SHOULD BE SCORED.

IN MMA:

TAKEDOWNS > ANYTHING.

As it should be lol...

Although I think Nate still loses that fight under just about any sensible method of judging, the merits of the scoring system are really irrelevant to this topic. Nate knew and understood the current scoring system before stepping into the cage.

The fact that he couldn't find a way to finish Barnes says a lot in itself, never mind Nate making him look like a high caliber guy.

The reality is that Nate was exposed as nothing more than a low level bum.

No points are awarded for defense in boxing or MMA. Period. If you put someone in an armbar from your guard and they pick you up and slam you, the points are actually awarded to the armbar because the slam was just a means of defending the submission. You forced him to slam you to prevent from being submitted.

I agree that sub attempts should have some value in the scoring but it depends on the specific instance how it is scored (just like takedowns). If someone throws up a high guard and manages to get triangle position but does not have their legs locked correctly, it will almost never ilicit a tap from his opponent and therefore gets little to no points. Still a sub attempt though. Just going for something does not get you points. You have to exhibit some degree of damage to your opponent: the guys face starts turning different colors while in a choke, his limbs are bent in extremely awkward angles, he yells or makes noises because he is in pain, ect. If the guy in the submission is just casually trying to work his way out and does not appear to be concerned or in danger, there are going to be very little points awarded because effectively all you did was hold him there. Control does figure into the scoring but damage is king.

Now if you attempt a submission and the guy is squirming and flailing to try to get out, that is going to score well because the judges can see damage. Even if he is not in danger, that is the message he is sending to the judges. So keep that in mind as well.

I do not agree that takedowns > everything else.

What do you think of a guard pull before a TD is initiated,with the guy on bottom bein more active and not taking much damage?Would the guard pull be considered a TD?

No matter what we call it pulling guard scores no points in BJJ tournaments or MMA. The very most it would do is prevent your opponent from scoring with a takedown depending on the timing.

good stuff!