NATE Cheats and Still LOSES!

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Good to see Apollo allows his BJJ coaches to purchase their belts.

Todd - I generally don't "take the bait" as I realize you are just trying to illicit a response and are much different in person than your tough guy "Internet personna". However in this case I do take offense to your completely uneducated statement. Myself and two others teach BJJ at Apollos and Nate teaches MMA. Nate does train BJJ and does teach it to his students but also teaches them much more. I can tell you for a fact that he is a very talented instructor.

You state that Apollo shows his BJJ coaches how to buy belts. I can assure you that is nowhere near a factual statement. Myself and the other coaches have all been training since the early 90s. We are not concerned with anyone elses rank and do not judge ourselves based on what others are doing or are ranked.

I recommend that you educate yourself better prior to making an ignorant statement.

OKMike - 
jujitsujamo - I helped work Nates corner and here are my thoughts and observations.

1. I stopped reading after this.

2. I wouldn't admit that in public.

3. plans to kick Jamo right square in teh nuts

Big Mike - I am fairly certain that I already owe you a stiff kick right square in the nutsack. When you finally come see me the reauchambeau is on!!!!

Jamo, I think Todd's statement was in regards to Nate awarding himself a purple belt, which was proved on the OKFN thread byond reasonable doubt. Everyone I know and speak to has tons of respect for you and the other coaches there.

That's the problem with having a guy like Nate on staff. One bad apple spoils the whole barrel, and sometimes people unfairly assume that the whole place is run by dishonest people.

Martial Arts is a learning experience. That is exactly what I am doing every day. I have trained in Martial Arts my whole life. At times I have Talked my share of trash, but most of the time that was just to hype things up, much like many of you do. I have been coaching for several years and have taught a lot of students, We have competed with every major school in this state and both Won and Lost. You are correct guys it is very hard to coach and train to compete at the same time. I train several top contenders in the state and try to keep them busy as well as teaching normal classes and being a dad. Im not trying to make excuses as to why I lost the fight. I still believe I won the fight and it was a poor dec. That being said it was a Fact that Chris had Vaseline on his neck, shoulders and ribs, I repedidly told my corner during the fight, and if you watch our first clinch I look right at Kevin and tell him. That however is not the reason I lost. I lost because after my knee surgery I just didn't get back to work the right way, my endurance was horrible! that is the main fact I made several mistakes in the fight because I was afraid of running out of gas and not being able to do ANYTHING. There where a few times I could have gotten him and just didn't pull the trigger. I need to work my cardio more and take things more seriously as a FIGHTER. I will continue to fight and continue to improve. The skills are there I just gotta get my self in better shape and make a few adjustments. To those of you that are on here solely for the purpose of talking shit about me, well just carry on its both funny and entertaining.

Nate, have you ever considered taking up the piano?

why yes I have

Maybe you should follow your instinct and just run with that then.

If you've watched that fight back and still think you won then you must be in serious denial. Take a moment to make an honest evaluation of that performance and then answer me this: Who of any significance can you beat at 155 around here?

I mean, you do realize that Barnes is a terrible fighter, right?

And you made him look good.

NATE...IF YOU YOURSELF DID NOT BELIEVE YOU WERE IN CONDITION TO FIGHT YOUR BEST, WHY DID YOU TAKE IT? I AM NOT PICKING ON YOU, I HAVE SEEN MANY GUYS DO THE SAME THING...WHETHER IT IS FOR MONEY OR JUST THE SAKE OF FIGHTING. BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME. 90% OF THE FIGHT GAME IS PREPARATION.

jjmarine1 - NATE...IF YOU YOURSELF DID NOT BELIEVE YOU WERE IN CONDITION TO FIGHT YOUR BEST, WHY DID YOU TAKE IT? I AM NOT PICKING ON YOU, I HAVE SEEN MANY GUYS DO THE SAME THING...WHETHER IT IS FOR MONEY OR JUST THE SAKE OF FIGHTING. BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME. 90% OF THE FIGHT GAME IS PREPARATION.

I figured i could go 3x3s and I did. I just got tired too quick and it caused me to try to play it safe to much and not follow up alot.

You had no trouble "following up" when you charged 4 steps across the cage to sucker punch Chris after the nut shot.

jujitsujamo - 
Big Mike - I am fairly certain that I already owe you a stiff kick right square in the nutsack. When you finally come see me the reauchambeau is on!!!!

schedules Brazilian wax in preparation

pillbottle -  You had no trouble "following up" when you charged 4 steps across the cage to sucker punch Chris after the nut shot.

thats how i won my title....remember lyles, you were there?...i cheap shot my way to victory.

however, i do believe i am not worthy of my bjj brown belt i awarded myself yesterday, so today i downgraded myself to a purple.

So to summarize Nate's response on this thread, he is not tring to make any excuses, aside from the following:

• Barnes was greasing

• He was coming back off a long layoff

• It's too hard to coach and compete at the same time

• Kevin Nix is a cheater/horrible ref

• He was tired and didn't want to risk getting stopped in horrible fashion as opposed to just losing

• Just had knee surgery

• Didn't "pull the trigger" because he wanted to "play it safe"

• Something about the piano?

Have I left anything out?

LOL!!!

LMFAO, I have to give full credit to Mahoney, who sent me this on FB.

Nathan Orand Fighting in a week. Feeling sorry for the poor kid that Ima have to put the stamp on.

And also this from today:

Nathan Orand I will post fight video soon. I lost a dec.. that I believe was a horrible call.. i wasn't hurt at all in the fight and I am looking for an immediate rematch! We have a card july 30th and im prayin im on it!

Seriously, what is this rematch bullshit? If Barnes lost was he going to get an immediate rematch.

You lost that fight, Nate. Nothing bad about the decision at all, as agreed by all three judges and anyone else who saw the fight.

Asking for a rematch is just stupid and it makes you look like even more of a jackass than you already do. Just train harder and ask DAC to give you a tomato can you can actually beat next time.

I agree with AJ. I like humble Nate much more than smack talking, guns a blazin Nate.

budnik needs a win i guess

and lyles you forget, he said he didnt cheap shot him either

budnick wants to fight barnes lol!!! how bout colin bohbrink or red cloud? those would be meaningful wins too.