Nate Diaz and Alex Pereira Fuel 300 Speculation

The first fight announcements for UFC 300 dropped last night, and while we still don’t know what the main event or Dana White’s secret ‘superfight’ will be, those fights could be revealed at any moment.

The obvious slam dunk main event for this historic card would be Conor McGregor’s long awaited return against Michael Chandler. That’s one of the biggest fights the UFC could realistically book, and there’s no clear back-up option that wouldn’t seem like a letdown compared to Mac vs. Mike.

Jon Jones is injured, Israel Adesanya is taking a break, and Sean O’Malley is booked already. Khamzat Chimaev is injured and can’t seem to enter the U.S. any more. Who’s left that moves the needle significantly?
That question has led many fans to speculate on some wild outside-the-box possibilities: Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey, Georges St-Pierre, and Nick Diaz keep coming up as possibilities, despite the UFC’s flat denials. And now Nate Diaz is generating buzz with some cryptic Instagram posts.

“Setting the move,” one post was captioned, with a picture of Nate texting on his phone. The follow-up post simply read “It’s time.”

We’ll let you read as much or as little into that as you’d like. It is a reminder that Nate Diaz is out there hoping to fight in early 2024, and he doesn’t seem interested in involving Jake Paul or the PFL.
A possible fight against Dustin Poirier has been years in the making. There’s also the trilogy fight with McGregor, if the UFC doesn’t mind doing Michael Chandler dirty (they don’t). And while we’re opening up the matchmaking on Mac, a welterweight title fight against Leon Edwards is also right there. Conor spent several months insisting he was coming for the 170 pound belt, so you know he wouldn’t say no.

We’re starting to get pretty far out into the weeds with all this speculation. Now let’s go even further: check out this riddle UFC light heavyweight champion Alex Pereira posted on his social media.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1IA-vWvUFg/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=c00f0502-dbb4-465f-969c-8821a9a2c814

Gtfoh
Edit: nevermind i misunderstood the headline to mean the rumor is theyre fighting each other.

2 Likes

A title fight with Leon is right there? Give me a break.

I know Colby just go gifted a title shot but UFC would at least make Conor beat Cowboy at WW again before they gifted him a title shot there.

Dana does not even want Conor on 300 and has said as much.

There is a 0% chance Conor is fighting Leon for the title at 300. Ronda vs Cain for Baddest Retired Motherfucker belt has a better chance of getting booked than Conor vs Edwards at 300.

https://www.mmanews.com/news/fans-discuss-alex-pereira-vs-tom-aspinall-ufc-300-photo-tyson-fury

The UFC can’t count on Conor any longer. So to put on a huge promotion for him to headline a card with the HIGH risk that he doesn’t end up making the walk is something that they have to weight out. IMO they know they can stack 300 and make huge revenue without the risk that Conor brings. Let him headline a smaller card that has lower stakes.

Nate vs Dustin would be good for UFC 300 if they can make that happen.

9 Likes

The only person I want to see Nate Diaz fight is GSP

Agree plus 300 can sell by itself and then if Conor does show up, he can sell 301, 302 or 303 all by himself.

Jessica Eye could be the co-main and Conor’s return will still be a huge PPV just like his Cowboy fight.

1 Like

Yep, that was the point I was making. 300 will be epic all by itself. Save Conor (if he ever shows up) for a card that he can make epic all by himself.

He’s beginning to complain about the UFC not booking him for fights. This is how we know for certain there is a big issue between them.

1 Like

Stack with who? Lol
All ufc stars are about to retire

1 Like

If you think the only way to make a card worth viewing is with Conor then you aren’t really following the sport.

True, after Colby vs Leon somehow it made me to follow-it even more less :laughing:

Anw if they stack 300, they gonna lose next 4-6months and later will fill cards with bunch of nobodies
But at this point everyone is comfortable with it lol

No desire to ever see nate fight again.

3 Likes

I’m a Diaz fan to the core…I agree with you.

2 Likes

Thats a little dramatic.

UFC creates somebodies every weekend.

Thats how it works.

Today’s CS and prelim fighters are tomorrow’s PPV draws. Today’s champ is tomorrow’s 0-7 Ferg.

The UFC machine keeps rolling.

They can handle stacking 300, they stacked 200 and it didn’t kill the sport. The next PPV after that was a Lawler vs Woodley title fight and future stars Rose, Masvidal and Matt Brown fought on the card.

2 Likes

What ufc has created after Poatan?