Nate Diaz calls top-5 fighters considering a Chimaev fight 'bitches'

Nate has made one hell of a living picking and choosing his shots the last few years. No reason to abandon that strategy now.

3 Likes

Nate might be diminishing but he would still choke out Conor in a 3rd fight. This was a predictable move by the UFC. They would like to make the Conor fight, but since Diaz only has 1 fight left on his contract, if they cant make the Conor fight they offer him someone who they want to build off a win vs a Diaz. Also, if Nate turns down a fight, then they can let him ride out a few more months, making the Conor fight more realistic. UFC wants to send Nate out on a loss or a big payday to the UFC which is the Conor fight.
Funny thing, if Chimaev would fight and beat Nate, Dana would say its earned him a title shot, but Leon works Nate over and he has to do more. Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again, if thats the fight they are offering him, Nate should take it, train, show up on weight, make the walk, and as soon as the fight starts tap out and walk out with double birds at Dana.

2 Likes

Fights Id like to see Nate in. In order:

Chimaev
Masvadal 2
Thompson
Lawler
Brown
Condit

The rest are boring fights in top 10 for Nate.

1 Like

If you really think a fighter would get away with that youā€™re delusional. Theyā€™ve gotta have small print in the contracts to prevent it.

Would be amazing though

nate has 1 win in the last 5 years

1 Like

Nate (and Nick) are only interested in fighting other veterans. Theyā€™ve had the same attitude for a long time now. This is nothing new.

1 Like

Usually I would agree with you. However in this case I would have to disagree. He has made professiobal fighters at the highest level look like children. Taken what, 2 strikes in all combined fights lolo. Thatā€™s just comical at this level. No one has even come close to the stats heā€™s putting up, eva. Scared people are excuse machines.

1 Like

nate vs tony f
the only fight for either guy that makes sense

2 Likes

That would be so dumb for him to take that fight. There are plenty of other fights out there that would sell and heā€™d have a better chance of actually competing. Wonderboy or t Ferg are much better options. If he fights cleft lip hes going to ragdolled like a child.

Nate is not top 5ā€¦ so this fight would be working his way up the rankings.

I just checked on ufc site and nate isnā€™t even in the top 15 lw or ww.

3 Likes

Nobody wants to fight the wolf.

Nate, although not top 15, has recognition power. If the Kaz gets this win it puts him on map in the minds of casuals.

Same old story of building stars on the backs of stars.

1 Like

I think Khamzat has done quite well at his own star making. He doesnā€™t need Diaz for that. He needs someone to give him legit title contender status.

1 Like

This is true. However name me one other fighter this early in his career who has been this dominate in every victory. Submissions, knockouts, ground control. Fights in two different weight classes, sometimes weeks apart, all the while taking two punches. lmaoo. Itā€™s comical. He seems qualified at the very least. Whether heā€™s ready for top 5 remains to be seen.

What ever happened to Roryā€™s bacne?

1 Like

Right. The 1 punch decaptitating knock did.

Isnā€™t that what weā€™re discussing. Chimaev in the UFC fighting top 5. Are you going to start pulling straws out of your hat now? Why change the topic? Besides who cares about what others have done against lesser competition in other organizations right? After all he hasnā€™t fought world beaters yet.

Nates a vet and has fought many top fighters who has Chimaev beat who is top 10

2 Likes

Disappeared with USADA

1 Like

Who cares.

I explained what I thought earlier in the thread. My opinion. If u care enough go and read it because I donā€™t care enough to explain it again.