Nate Diaz manager: We're just kinda all in limbo

Nate Diaz manager: We're just kinda all in limbo

/go=news.detail&gid=443837

I really don't get this. You signed the contract. Be a man and honour it, or retire. If you didn't think you were getting paid well, then don't sign the contract. I'm tired of hearing about this shit already. I just want him to fight and I'm sure I'm not the only one Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence - I really don't get this. You signed the contract. Be a man and honour it, or retire. If you didn't think you were getting paid well, then don't sign the contract. I'm tired of hearing about this shit already. I just want him to fight and I'm sure I'm not the only one Phone Post 3.0
Probably going to be voted down for this but the Diaz brothers have got to be the stupidest people in the entire sport Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence - I really don't get this. You signed the contract. Be a man and honour it, or retire. If you didn't think you were getting paid well, then don't sign the contract. I'm tired of hearing about this shit already. I just want him to fight and I'm sure I'm not the only one Phone Post 3.0
I'm not sure how I feel about this argument because the UFC contracts are so fucking one sided. I'm sure they also pressured him to sign up for 8 fights (which is really bad for the fighter) so he could focus on his title shot.

I would agree with you if the contracts weren't so fucked Phone Post 3.0

Yawn. This old story again. Neither side will budge. Only really hurts the Diaz bros though. The ufc will go on. 209 what...a bunch of morans. Phone Post 3.0

Jimmy Wrassler - 
I'm not sure how I feel about this argument because the UFC contracts are so fucking one sided. I'm sure they also pressured him to sign up for 8 fights (which is really bad for the fighter) so he could focus on his title shot.

Well, Gilbert seemed to do the right thing and tested his value on the market. No reason Diaz couldn't do that at the time.

why is it that every fighter that the fans want to see most (Nick Diaz, Fedor, Cyborg ect) can't fight in the UFC? HMMMMM?

Jimmy Wrassler -

I do agree contracts are ducked but on a losing skid isn't the time to make a stand. Phone Post 3.0

Nate def could have done what gil did. No way they would have let a Diaz go to another promotion. The ufc have all the power in this one regardless of what's fair. They can let him sit the rest of his prime at least and they'll be fine. A shame. Get back to work. Win a couple then try it again. Phone Post 3.0

Jimmy Wrassler -

But giving in to a guy like nate would fuck them.
How many guys on the roster would pull the same shit and could you blame them?
This would be a crazy precedence to set.
Especially considering his recent record. I love watching the guy fight but he has zero leg to stand on and the longer he waits the more of his prime he wastes.
Gotta make what you can when you can and zuffa holds the power here. Finish your contract as best you can and then decide your next move. Phone Post 3.0

Durk McGurk -
Jimmy Wrassler -

I do agree contracts are ducked but on a losing skid isn't the time to make a stand. Phone Post 3.0
Diaz isn't on a losing skid. Phone Post 3.0

insomnia -
Jimmy Wrassler - 

Well, Gilbert seemed to do the right thing and tested his value on the market. No reason Diaz couldn't do that at the time.

Hindsight is 20/20. Phone Post 3.0

if they paid the Diaz bros what the deserve it woulsd open the flood gates for every fighter to make their fair share of pie. I doubt the ufc gives 25% of the take to the fighters.

3.5 Billion dollar company, means every name fighter should be a millionaire.

Jimmy Wrassler - 

Well maybe they should be represented by real agents instead of schucksters like Kogan and the various other frauds that comprise a large portion of MMA agents.  They get real agents, from a reputable firm who actually know what they are doing, then they would start getting paid more.

So Diaz's manager actually tried to sit down with the UFC to talk and they were like hell no. Dang...

For someone who has been with the UFC since 2007, is the winner of TUF 5 and an 11-time fight of the night bonus winner, Nate doesn't get much respect from his 'employer' . I was actually dumb enough to believe they were negotiating and the UFC and Diaz's manger could not agree on new terms. I know the UFC doesn't have to talk to the guy, but dude has been loyal to the organization for 7 years and fights his ass off! IMO this is kind of messed up.

I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - if they paid the Diaz bros what the deserve it woulsd open the flood gates for every fighter to make their fair share of pie. I doubt the ufc gives 25% of the take to the fighters.

3.5 Billion dollar company, means every name fighter should be a millionaire.

You realize that the 3.5 billion is a valuation.  It doesn't mean that's the capital that they have on hand or anything like that.  The UFC doesn't make the kind of profits that traditional sports do,  more often then not, single teams in the NFL are bringing in more revenue and profiting more per year then the UFC does, and they are only employing 40ish athletes.  Not 400.

Jimmy Wrassler - 

LOL@ pressuring a Diaz brother to do a dayum thing=)

Cindy

SupesUp - 
Jimmy Wrassler -

But giving in to a guy like nate would fuck them.
How many guys on the roster would pull the same shit and could you blame them?
This would be a crazy precedence to set.
Especially considering his recent record. I love watching the guy fight but he has zero leg to stand on and the longer he waits the more of his prime he wastes.
Gotta make what you can when you can and zuffa holds the power here. Finish your contract as best you can and then decide your next move. Phone Post 3.0

I love the brothers but this is a great post.

Cindy

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
Durk McGurk -
Jimmy Wrassler -

Diaz isn't on a losing skid. Phone Post 3.0
You're right. 1 in a row for Nate. Regardless he's not in a position of power to negotiate. He's George Costanza. He's got no hand. Phone Post 3.0

As far as I'm concerned, I don't get paid s--- I get $60,000 and $60,000

Stopped reading right there.

If Nate were to fight and win 3 times a year, he would get just in salary $360,000. What a whiny, entitled brat.