New UFC card SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

RearNakedSilva - "So how do you decide whether or not to purchase a PPV? All you have is what the card looks like on paper. Sometimes great cards on paper tank as well though (like the first round of the Pride 2005 GP.)"

- Exactly.

PPV-worthiness is a judgment that can be based only on the card beforehand - whether an event turns out to be great is then defined afterwards.

(Btw, the first round of the Pride 2005 GP is the perfect example of an absolutely loaded card from top to bottom - the single most stacked 16-man lineup ever - that turned out to disappoint because of how the fights themselves ended up.

But it was still unquestionably worth buying in the first place - even without being worth remembering as a great event afterwards.)

And also, WTF is up with the weird incomprehensible logic that people frequently cite to defend non-big-name cards for a PPV - where the supposed justification is that less known and established fighters tend to go for it more?

Well then by that same rationale, you should be ordering every KOTC or any other smaller show, even more so than a UFC.

"Quinton Jackson, Chuck Liddell, Noguiera, Fedor, Vanderlei Silva, Kasushi Sakuraba, Gomi, Prime Igor Vovchanchin, Alexander Emelienenko, Anderson Silva,"

So, you want to see either nothing but title fights, the same fighters over and over fighting every month or fights with non-UFC fighters?

Obviously, you are deluded.

Besides matty fighting serra, I would rather watch world combat league, on vs, than this card..

i meant serra vs georges

Yeah Its really a shit card. My guess is that they(UFC)want to know how many buys one main event caliber match, plus a lot of mediocre matches will generate. I mean wtf decided to put Kalib Starnes-Nate Quarry on the main card anyway. Personally I want to see both Mac Danzig and Michael Bisping fight. No interest in Franklin-Lutter but I pray that Franklin takes it and sets up Silva-Franklin again. That would be epic.

claycarter - No interest in Franklin-Lutter but I pray that Franklin takes it and sets up Silva-Franklin again. That would be epic.

Pass.

I've been wanting to see Franklin vs. Lutter since the Ultimate Fighter 4 finale.

LOL, I'm so over this thread. Thanks for keeping the flame alive !