Newly signed UFC fighter refusing to fight Muslims

GarlicSauce -

Warcrimes and politics of terror in Chechnya

372 pages documenting Russian savagery in Chechnya. Read it if you want to get depressed.

Then you call people resisting your genocide and rape "terrorists". Nope, aint buying it.

Yeah, when you demand a pedo cult seperatist state from The Soviet Union and Russia and try and use violence to gain such a means, that’s what happens. 

don’t poke the bear because you want the freedom to be a bunch of barabarian pedo polygamist savages. If they were looking towards democracy, human rights and joining the eu, it’d be a completely different story. 

4 Likes

Good for him. If he doesn't want to fight his fellow muslims so be it.

No reason to hate the guy for his decision. I mean personally I think it may be hard to get the belt if he is not taking fights. Especially if other muslims are contenders or champions in his division. Muslims are bad mother fuckers in fighting so I imagine this will be a hard road for the man.

But yeah, no hate on the guy for not wanting to fight his brothers. Israel does not want to fight Kumaru Usman as far as I know because they are from the same country.

The hate on this forum is weak sauce. Grow up.

SportScience -

No reason to hate the guy for his decision. I mean personally I think it may be hard to get the belt if he is not taking fights. Especially if other muslims are contenders or champions in his division. Muslims are bad mother fuckers in fighting so I imagine this will be a hard road for the man.

But yeah, no hate on the guy for not wanting to fight his brothers. Israel does not want to fight Kumaru Usman as far as I know because they are from the same country.

He can’t do business that way in the states as it violates the civil rights act. There’s millions of examples of Muslims competing against one another, so he can’t claim religious freedom. 

1 Like
HillboFrateTrane -
SportScience -

He can’t do business that way in the states as it violates the civil rights act. There’s millions of examples of Muslims competing against one another, so he can’t claim religious freedom. 

Hey man, calm down with all the “He can’t do this” “Civil rights act” “Millions of examples” “Religious freedom” talk.

The guy doesn’t want to fight other muslims. Ok so be it. Lets see how that works out for him.

Most likely it doesn’t work out for him, too many good muslims gunning for the belts. And way more to come.

Unless he does not want a belt? Then who cares fight whoever.

Ridick Bowe years ago said he wouldn’t fight Tyson because they were muslim brothers. This will only hurt his career

Dumb. This is a sport. I don’t think the Koran has a rule about competing against other Muslims, but I’m no scholar.  Does he spar with other Muslims? 

1 Like

Pretty sure Koran frowns upon fighting undressed for infidels so the guy's a sinner anyway

2 Likes

“Sometimes I worked three jobs, and in order to keep myself busy in the evening, I signed up for a combat sambo”

Pretty cool that he had so much free time after working three jobs and he was able to find something to help stay busy in the evenings. 

2 Likes

Good for him to stand for his Principles.

Most won't understand.

SportScience -

Religion has no business in the workplace.

6 Likes
On a SideNote -

Most won't understand.

Yeah, it leaves civilized and modern-thinking people scratching their heads at the backwardness. 

2 Likes
touch - 

Pretty sure Koran frowns upon fighting undressed for infidels so the guy's a sinner anyway

Yes for Most in the Islamic world, prize fighting is haram.

GarlicSauce -

Respect for anyone putting their principles above monetary and career gains. Americans, being materialistic soulless money-worshipping peons, will find this puzzling or even immoral lol

I respect putting their principles above monetary and career gains.  What I question is his principles.  UFC/MMA is a sporting competetion.  There is no reason why friends, colleagues, etc. can't compete against eachother in sport.

He looks like the love child of Jacare and Action Bronson.

I thought he didn’t want to fight muslims because he hated them. Kinda like not wanting to fight gays.

1 Like

Seriously, this is like accepting a job as a bartender and then refusing to serve alcohol on religious grounds. It is an integral part of your job. If you refuse to do your job, you should be fired.

3 Likes

Muslims piss me off with this bullshit. I had a Muslim uber driver who refused to stop so I could get some food on the way home because of some bullshit religious reason. Don't work in a job if you're not willing to do what's asked of you.

He should be let go immediately. There is no point have him if he is stating he will refuse to fight a segment is the roster. I

SportScience -
HillboFrateTrane -
SportScience -

Hey man, calm down with all the “He can’t do this” “Civil rights act” “Millions of examples” “Religious freedom” talk.

The guy doesn’t want to fight other muslims. Ok so be it. Lets see how that works out for him.

Most likely it doesn’t work out for him, too many good muslims gunning for the belts. And way more to come.

Unless he does not want a belt? Then who cares fight whoever.

SportScience

On a SideNote -

Most won't understand.

Yeah, totally.  I wonder how he resolved the conflict of standing for his principles when he had to decide whether to become a fighter or an imam.  Sooo many interesting questions once you start forcing your entire world view through the lens of religion.  Welp, I suspect he'll have plenty of time to philosophize about it real soon!