Next Ohio based fighter to UFC?

Ohio has been a hotbed lately of talented young fighters that are on the verge of breaking through. Just curious to see who the fight fans feel will be the next Ohio based fighter to make it to the UFC.

Some choices:

Jason Dent -
Dustin Hazelett -
Rob Wince -
Josh Hendricks -
Mitch Whitesel -
or you can type in your choice.

We put up a poll today so if you want to vote go to www.Prokarateweekly.com.

what about Tony Sylvester out of Canton Team Instigator/ Team Victory?

Tony is definately on his way. Great Fighter and from my home town too.

Dustin Hazelett is tough at 170, I think he'd do just fine.

i would def. throw a vote in for Dustin Hazelett....

im voting for myself and josh souder, can i do that

Little D, he just won the EC tourney. It WILL be him.

hazelett

"im voting for myself and josh souder, can i do that'
Yes, somebody already wrote in a vote for Souder. Another good Ohio fighter. Saw him fight Dent in Cleveland last year in a great fight. Its acutally our fight of the week video on site right now for anyobody that wants to watch it.

So far Dent with the lead but its very early.

dustin hazelett for sure, josh hendricks should be getting a shot sometime soon too. josh souder is the real deal.

a couple that were not mentioned, sean salmon, who beat rob wince as well as a few other really tough fighters and joe veres at 155lbs. coming off of a big win at Cage Fury in Atlantic city, he too has all the tools to be in the big show

Dustin could end up in the UFC within the next 6 months....

Josh, with 1or 2 more wins, could also end up in the UFC very soon...

There are some very talented young fighters in Ohio...just wish there where more big shows in Ohio that could support hvaing these guys fight "at home"and not every where else :-(

Salmon is very good. Saw his fight against Wince which was his first or second fight ever. Havent seen too much of Veras but Ive heard he's an animal.

"There are some very talented young fighters in Ohio...just wish there where more big shows in Ohio that could support hvaing these guys fight "at home"and not every where else :-("

Agreed. A ton of talent here. Gladiators Fighting is doing 5 "big" shows in Ohio next year, 2 at the Plain Dealer Pavilion which should be bigger then this years. We are getting a ton of support now that the series is somewhat established in Ohio and are hoping on really taking our shows to the next level in 2007. Get a hold of me early and lets get some of your guys booked.

There is also some MAJOR news regarding Ohio coming in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

Sylvester!

You will see most of these guys on the new FIGHTFEST series.

Don't miss the first live show.  on Sports time Ohio

.FESTFIGHT TV SERIES FIRST SHOW

SEPT 23RD 7:00PM @ "THE MASONIC TEMPLE IN CLEVELAND OHIO"

THIS SHOW WILL BE HELD AT THE MASONIC TEMPLE ON THE CORNER OF 36ST AND EUCLID .

TICKETS WILL BE SOLD BY TICKETMASTER. TICKETS GO ON SALE ON MONDAY SEPT 4 TH CALL (216) 241-5555 OR TICKETMASTER.COM

ttt

Salmon beat Wince in what was Salmon's first fight. He is UFC caliber for sure. He could compete tomorrow with UFC guys and more time to prepare he is only going to get better.

Hendricks is fucking tough. Easily the best heavyweight in Ohio to not make the step to the big shows unless I am totally high and forgetting someone.

Dustin H. and Jason Dent are the two most deserving to take the next step at the moment, IMO.

HEY!! WHOS THAT GUY!?!?! lol

he dont count anyway... hes in Vegas or something isnt he??

Salmon will get a chance to get a win on his FIGHTFEST
record . Sept 23rd..
ttt

Ronnie Hedges.
This guy is under the radar, but has the heart and drive. With a little more training could be great.

Souder would Wreck Dent if they fought again