Nick Diaz Coming Back ? 99999999.9

No matter how frequently or infrequently fights, one question at UFC press conferences has stood the test of time: “When will Nick Diaz fight again?”

As of late, UFC president Dana White has addressed this question with doubt it will happen at all. White said in August he doesn’t think Diaz is serious about a return – despite videos surfacing in September of Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC) hitting the gym for a mock training camp.

Diaz hasn’t fought in more than five years – but if his manager’s prediction is correct, that will change in 2021. In a recent interview with Fanatics View, Diaz’s manager Kevin Mubenga provided insight into Diaz’s return.

“That’s the millions and millions of dollars question,” Mubenga said. “Yeah, the guy has been training. He’s been training for at least four months now straight. … Now, we’re in December – we’re what? Four months (or) five months in now?”

According to Mubenga, Diaz began intense training around August or September. In November, he took a break to avoid overtraining but is getting back to the grind this month.

“He took a little break last month and now we’re going to pick it back up in December and go into the new year hopefully with a new deal done,” Mubenga said. “(We’ll) make sure the money is right and the opponent is right and we’ll be able to move forward with all of this.”

![](upload://jBCz5F2tfkAuwzGOyA17tP2cOWZ.jpeg)

" Where you at Georges ? "

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/12/3/22149824/nick-diaz-looking-to-finalize-ufc-deal-99-999-percent-chance-of-2021-return

![Top-Ranked UFC Lightweight Wants To Fight Nick Diaz | FIGHT SPORTS](upload://guqHSSImPiS8KvrHXL1Gda9KKI8.jpeg)

Can he pass medicals? He seems fucked up. 

He hasnt had a win since 2011, is 37, had his first fight almost 20 years ago, and has taken a lot of punches to his head.

As entertaining as he was, I really dont want to see another BJ Penn type end of career. 

9 Likes

Bring back Gomi for a rematch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFefzr6Cs6g

Do we even care anymore.....

6 Likes
demonsurge -

He hasnt had a win since 2011, is 37, had his first fight almost 20 years ago, and has taken a lot of punches to his head.

As entertaining as he was, I really dont want to see another BJ Penn type end of career. 

But if you think about it he’s taken many years off of taking shots to the head. His last fight was in January of 2015. He probably took more damage in the BJ and Daley fights then he did in his last few fights. Assuming he hasn’t been training or sparring much at all since 2015 (I don’t think he has), it might actually be a good time to get back in there for him. Granted he will be a little slower, his motivation and mindset will be the most important things if he’s actually coming back. 

2 Likes
mdgrappler30 - 

Judging by this thread , no 

1 Like
mdgrappler30 -

I would just like to see Masvidal and Nick fight. Because Nick stated after Jorge beat Nate saying nobody's going to talk about baptizing his little brother lol. I don't really think there's anybody else that might be a big draw with him

lordleone -
mdgrappler30 -

I would just like to see Masvidal and Nick fight. Because Nick stated after Jorge beat Nate saying nobody's going to talk about baptizing his little brother lol. I don't really think there's anybody else that might be a big draw with him

That would be a good one. Wood pay

lordleone -
mdgrappler30 -

Masvidal is a tall task for someone who hasn't fought in 5 years.

I say Mike Perry or Cowboy Cerrone

3 Likes
disconnect -
lordleone -
mdgrappler30 -

That would be a good one. Wood pay

Masvidal would fucking wreck him. The only fight Diaz should be fighting is against Lawler, and they should both ride off into the sunset afterwards 

2 Likes

If he got back the motivation of his youth, I bet he could do well against the right opponents. That’s doubtful though. Lawler rematch or Mike Perry would both be good fights.

mdgrappler30 -

mdgrappler30

lol @ Admin, so thirsty for content

Good. Love those boys, will watch them fight to the very end.

1 Like

Fuck YES!

WAR DIAZ!