Nick Diaz Coming Back ? 99999999.9

Nick wasn't exactly getting beat up by anyone in his last fights. I'd love to see home fight again. Very exciting guy.

1 Like

Does he have to be in the USADA testing pool for six months (or was it six weeks?) before he can fight again?

He'll collect a check, maybe two and be done. Who can he beat at WW right now? Yeah... 

KaiTangata -

He'll collect a check, maybe two and be done. Who can he beat at WW right now? Yeah... 

Maybe Maia. Possibly Robbie and even Woodley with how they've been fighting lately. 

3 fight contract..

Condit

Lawler

Woodley

2 Likes
RichardGere'sMissingGerbil - 
KaiTangata -

Maybe Maia. Possibly Robbie and even Woodley with how they've been fighting lately. 

Maia subs him imo

1 Like
SickEye -

Does he have to be in the USADA testing pool for six months (or was it six weeks?) before he can fight again?

Yeah 6 months. To my knowledge he hasn’t signed a deal yet so that time period would likely start the day he signs a contract. It will be a while.

99.999 he comes with excuses

2 Likes

He won't be back imo

If Nick comes back and fights Masvidal, my needle is moved.

I don't care what anyone says about the Diaz bro's career, they were fighting when MMA was the wild west. They do a load of community work helping under privileged people. They are proper martial artists, always authentic and a joy to watch them perform.

Nick via big brother motivation and the Stockton slap. 

3 Likes
Kepler -

I don't care what anyone says about the Diaz bro's career, they were fighting when MMA was the wild west. They do a load of community work helping under privileged people. They are proper martial artists, always authentic and a joy to watch them perform.

I’ve watched more hours of Nick Diaz fighting than any other fighter, one of the most entertaining guys to ever do it, but I have to disagree with the “proper martial artist” tag

A proper martial artist doesn’t slap his opponents and lay down in the cage with Anderson fucking Silva. A proper martial artist shows respect

I always point to Tate getting subbed by her bitter rival Ronda for the second time, they HATE each other. Miesha extended the hand knowing she was beaten by a better fighter, Ronda walked away and scoffed. One of those is a proper martial artist, and it ain’t the girl who won.. 

1 Like

Sadly, if I was a betting man I’d put all my money on him NOT coming back. Which sucks cause I fucking love watching any Diaz fight. If he doesn’t I hope he lives a good life.

Dreville79 -
Kepler -

I’ve watched more hours of Nick Diaz fighting than any other fighter, one of the most entertaining guys to ever do it, but I have to disagree with the “proper martial artist” tag

A proper martial artist doesn’t slap his opponents and lay down in the cage with Anderson fucking Silva. A proper martial artist shows respect

I always point to Tate getting subbed by her bitter rival Ronda for the second time, they HATE each other. Miesha extended the hand knowing she was beaten by a better fighter, Ronda walked away and scoffed. One of those is a proper martial artist, and it ain’t the girl who won.. 

I can tell you’ve never been in a pro mma fight by that post. Not a proper martial artis? Are you a proper human being? Are any of us really that proper in anything?

1 Like

Nick and Mike Perry would be fun for the pre-fight spectacle alone. It would be a good test to see where nick is too, in the past Perry would be a pretty straight forward win for him. I wanted to see him and masvidal in strikeforce, very tough fight for nick now though 

1 Like
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

I can tell you’ve never been in a pro mma fight by that post. Not a proper martial artis? Are you a proper human being? Are any of us really that proper in anything?

Ah the “you’ve never fought so you can’t have an opinion” line. Never gets old, or less ridiculous! 

I don’t need to be in any fight to know that Martial Arts was built on respect. Go ask Royce Gracie, GSP, Jose Aldo. These guys are true Martial Artists in every sense of what that means.

Nick Diaz & Jon Jones are fighters, not martial artists. There’s a difference to both me with my no fights, and many of the most revered Martial Artists in the world. The phrase “martial artist’ isn’t to refer to someone who can fight well. It’s a combination of fight, respect & discipline. 

As someone without any fights I highly, highly respect the people I mentioned firstly. If I saw a GSP, Aldo or Gracie, I’d open with “It’s an honour sir”. I have zero respect for Diaz or Jones, if I saw them I’d walk on without bothering. And of course, that matters not to them or you, but it remains a fact for me and many others 

Diaz vs Chimaev!

MasterofMartialArts -
SickEye -

Yeah 6 months. To my knowledge he hasn’t signed a deal yet so that time period would likely start the day he signs a contract. It will be a while.

Fuck sake. 6 months seems excessive in the first place. Hopefully he’s in the pool right now and they’re keeping it in the DL, or they pull some strings to get him in there early like they did for Brock Lesner. 

Dreville79 -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

Ah the “you’ve never fought so you can’t have an opinion” line. Never gets old, or less ridiculous! 

I don’t need to be in any fight to know that Martial Arts was built on respect. Go ask Royce Gracie, GSP, Jose Aldo. These guys are true Martial Artists in every sense of what that means.

Nick Diaz & Jon Jones are fighters, not martial artists. There’s a difference to both me with my no fights, and many of the most revered Martial Artists in the world. The phrase “martial artist’ isn’t to refer to someone who can fight well. It’s a combination of fight, respect & discipline. 

As someone without any fights I highly, highly respect the people I mentioned firstly. If I saw a GSP, Aldo or Gracie, I’d open with “It’s an honour sir”. I have zero respect for Diaz or Jones, if I saw them I’d walk on without bothering. And of course, that matters not to them or you, but it remains a fact for me and many others 

Meh. Ask little Pepe how respectful Royce is.

I'll def watch the fight, but that sport will have passed him by id think. 

Floppy Divac - 
Dreville79 -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

Meh. Ask little Pepe how respectful Royce is.

Never Forget little Pepe.