Nick Diaz Coming Back ? 99999999.9

I’ll be excited for Nick fighting if he comes back and brings it. Until then, I won’t hold my breath.

mdgrappler30 -

Do we even care anymore.....

Yes

Nick would likely get a sub easily

Dreville79 -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

If Nick comes back and fights Masvidal, my needle is moved.

I don't care what anyone says about the Diaz bro's career, they were fighting when MMA was the wild west. They do a load of community work helping under privileged people. They are proper martial artists, always authentic and a joy to watch them perform.

Nick via big brother motivation and the Stockton slap. 

I’ve watched more hours of Nick Diaz fighting than any other fighter, one of the most entertaining guys to ever do it, but I have to disagree with the “proper martial artist” tag

A proper martial artist doesn’t slap his opponents and lay down in the cage with Anderson fucking Silva. A proper martial artist shows respect

I always point to Tate getting subbed by her bitter rival Ronda for the second time, they HATE each other. Miesha extended the hand knowing she was beaten by a better fighter, Ronda walked away and scoffed. One of those is a proper martial artist, and it ain’t the girl who won.. 

I can tell you’ve never been in a pro mma fight by that post. Not a proper martial artis? Are you a proper human being? Are any of us really that proper in anything?

Ah the “you’ve never fought so you can’t have an opinion” line. Never gets old, or less ridiculous! 

I don’t need to be in any fight to know that Martial Arts was built on respect. Go ask Royce Gracie, GSP, Jose Aldo. These guys are true Martial Artists in every sense of what that means.

Nick Diaz & Jon Jones are fighters, not martial artists. There’s a difference to both me with my no fights, and many of the most revered Martial Artists in the world. The phrase “martial artist’ isn’t to refer to someone who can fight well. It’s a combination of fight, respect & discipline. 

As someone without any fights I highly, highly respect the people I mentioned firstly. If I saw a GSP, Aldo or Gracie, I’d open with “It’s an honour sir”. I have zero respect for Diaz or Jones, if I saw them I’d walk on without bothering. And of course, that matters not to them or you, but it remains a fact for me and many others 

Says every guy who has never fought or competed at an extremely high level. The excuse all crappy athletes say to make themselves feel better.

Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

I don't care what anyone says about the Diaz bro's career, they were fighting when MMA was the wild west. They do a load of community work helping under privileged people. They are proper martial artists, always authentic and a joy to watch them perform.

I’ve watched more hours of Nick Diaz fighting than any other fighter, one of the most entertaining guys to ever do it, but I have to disagree with the “proper martial artist” tag

A proper martial artist doesn’t slap his opponents and lay down in the cage with Anderson fucking Silva. A proper martial artist shows respect

I always point to Tate getting subbed by her bitter rival Ronda for the second time, they HATE each other. Miesha extended the hand knowing she was beaten by a better fighter, Ronda walked away and scoffed. One of those is a proper martial artist, and it ain’t the girl who won.. 

I can tell you’ve never been in a pro mma fight by that post. Not a proper martial artis? Are you a proper human being? Are any of us really that proper in anything?

Ah the “you’ve never fought so you can’t have an opinion” line. Never gets old, or less ridiculous! 

I don’t need to be in any fight to know that Martial Arts was built on respect. Go ask Royce Gracie, GSP, Jose Aldo. These guys are true Martial Artists in every sense of what that means.

Nick Diaz & Jon Jones are fighters, not martial artists. There’s a difference to both me with my no fights, and many of the most revered Martial Artists in the world. The phrase “martial artist’ isn’t to refer to someone who can fight well. It’s a combination of fight, respect & discipline. 

As someone without any fights I highly, highly respect the people I mentioned firstly. If I saw a GSP, Aldo or Gracie, I’d open with “It’s an honour sir”. I have zero respect for Diaz or Jones, if I saw them I’d walk on without bothering. And of course, that matters not to them or you, but it remains a fact for me and many others 

Says every guy who has never fought or competed at an extremely high level. The excuse all crappy athletes say to make themselves feel better.

I have no idea what you’re looking to gain here but it’s obvious to anyone watching that Diaz is not a “proper martial artist”. Who cares though? He’s a fighter. He doesn’t need to be a martial artist, and if he was, he may not have the legendary career we speak of today. 

SickEye -
MasterofMartialArts -
SickEye -

Does he have to be in the USADA testing pool for six months (or was it six weeks?) before he can fight again?

Yeah 6 months. To my knowledge he hasn’t signed a deal yet so that time period would likely start the day he signs a contract. It will be a while.

Fuck sake. 6 months seems excessive in the first place. Hopefully he’s in the pool right now and they’re keeping it in the DL, or they pull some strings to get him in there early like they did for Brock Lesner. 

Yeah it sucks cause he’s not getting any younger, I guess we will have to wait and see. 

he recently did a test weight cut so it’s likely he’ll be fighting soonish.

chiesha will smash him

One of the goats

MasterofMartialArts -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

I have no idea what you’re looking to gain here but it’s obvious to anyone watching that Diaz is not a “proper martial artist”. Who cares though? He’s a fighter. He doesn’t need to be a martial artist, and if he was, he may not have the legendary career we speak of today. 

Your idea of what makes a proper martial artist is way too narrow minded. You don’t have to be a GSP bushido guy to qualify. Nick and Nate are self proclaimed ninja and if you judge them by that then their employment of intimidation and ridicule are excellent uses of employing mental warfare to defeat your opponents before they step on the mat. That’s part of martial arts, even if you have distaste for such techniques, they do not disqualify someone from being a martial artist. 

Martial arts isn't restricted to only being about bowing and respect. That's one way, but not the only way. Anything that's a skillful technique to overcome an opponent, is a martial art by definition. You may not like it but that's what it is. Jon Jones for example has mastered the martial art of the "accidental" eye poke. No honor but very effective.

perfect final fight for diego sanchez

1 Like
sillyscreenname -
MasterofMartialArts -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

Your idea of what makes a proper martial artist is way too narrow minded. You don’t have to be a GSP bushido guy to qualify. Nick and Nate are self proclaimed ninja and if you judge them by that then their employment of intimidation and ridicule are excellent uses of employing mental warfare to defeat your opponents before they step on the mat. That’s part of martial arts, even if you have distaste for such techniques, they do not disqualify someone from being a martial artist. 

Martial arts isn't restricted to only being about bowing and respect. That's one way, but not the only way. Anything that's a skillful technique to overcome an opponent, is a martial art by definition. You may not like it but that's what it is. Jon Jones for example has mastered the martial art of the "accidental" eye poke. No honor but very effective.

Better explained by you then I could of done. Not sure about the eye pokes but I respect your opinion lol. 

https://heavy.com/sports/ufc/nick-and-nate-diaz-troll-conor-mcgregor/

sillyscreenname - 
MasterofMartialArts -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
Dreville79 -
Kepler -

I don’t think my view is narrow minded at all, that’s just not my idea of a Martial Artist. I don’t really “judge” them by their intimidation tactics either, I just don’t consider that as part of being a Martial Artist. For me, practicing Martial Arts and being a Martial Artist are two different things.

I think that you think I’m disparaging the Diaz brothers by saying they aren’t MA’s to me, but I’m not. I actually enjoy what they do and have tremendous respect for the techniques they employ; physical and mental. I don’t consider those things to be characteristics of an MA, but I didn’t create or invent Martial Arts philosophy. That’s just my point of view. Everyone has their own opinion of what a Martial Artist should be, and I don’t think anyone is necessarily right or wrong.

I consider the Diaz brothers fighters who practice Martial Arts. I don’t see anything wrong with that and in fact, at times guys like them are far more compelling to watch, and many times they are more skilled. So if you consider them to be Martial Artists that just means you have different views on what it means to be an MA, so I don’t see why we can’t have different opinions on it just like anything else.