Nick Diaz couldn't be in the UFC

Granted, not the most popular opinion. He's got the skill to do very well in the UFC, but he's his own biggest enemy.

But how many weigh ins/medical tests has Diaz missed over the past couple of years? How many back stage brawls has he gotten into over the past few years? Not to mention the weed.

Like everbody else, I'd love to see him back in the UFC, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

ttt

CRE - nobones what do you do professionally?

You come across as a 17 year old when you type.

Regardless, I agree with him.

[quote]CRE - nobones what do you do professionally? You come across as a 17 year old when you type.[/quote] 

RaepChoke -  

The guy on the left is like "yay, you actually did it!" He can't even hold back his excitement.

Does anyone notice the guy on the lower left hand corner clapping as Diaz hands over the sample??

Jack Skellington - Granted, not the most popular opinion. He's got the skill to do very well in the UFC, but he's his own biggest enemy.

But how many weigh ins/medical tests has Diaz missed over the past couple of years? How many back stage brawls has he gotten into over the past few years? Not to mention the weed.

Like everbody else, I'd love to see him back in the UFC, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

he has failed like 1 test (post-fight, much like several UFC fighters), and he was a no-show for one. that's it. backstage brawls don't matter.

He seemed to have no problem passing his tests in his first UFC run, although as a new fan of the sport you probably don't remember that.

Win Gleison Tibau TKO (Punches) UFC 65 - Bad Intentions 11/18/2006 2 2:27
 Win Josh Neer Submission (Kimura) UFC 62 - Liddell vs. Sobral 8/26/2006 3 1:42
 Win Ray Steinbeiss Decision ICFO 1 - Stockton 5/13/2006 3 N/A
 Loss Sean Sherk Decision (Unaminous) UFC 59 - Reality Check 4/15/2006 3 5:00
 Loss Joe Riggs Decision (Unaminous) UFC 57 - Liddell vs Couture 3 2/4/2006 3 5:00
 Loss Diego Sanchez Decision (Unanimous) UFC - The Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale 11/5/2005 3 5:00
 Win Koji Oishi KO (Punches) UFC 53 - Heavy Hitters 6/4/2005 1 1:24
 Win Drew Fickett TKO (Punches) UFC 51 - Super Saturday 2/5/2005 1 4:40
 Loss Karo Parisyan Decision (Split) UFC 49 - Unfinished Business 8/21/2004 3 5:00
 Win Robbie Lawler KO (Punches) UFC 47 - It's On 4/2/2004 2 1:31
 Win Jeremy Jackson Submission (Armbar) UFC 44 - Undisputed 9/26/2003 3 2:04

HexRei -  backstage brawls don't matter.
I disagree

where did nick have these backstage brawls, anyway? i remember him getting in a thing with riggs at a hospital once, and that's it. Oh and he went on to continue to fight in the UFC after that and in fact won his next two before he opted to leave.

So that little altercation is obviously not relevant. The only other thing I see is a silly confrontation between his crew and Noons' in EXC, which didnt actually involve a brawl in any meaningful sense. If that's a backstage brawl, then Coleman, Baroni, Liddell, Tito, Hughes, Wandy, Shogun etc (the list goes on and on) that have all been in REAL illicit brawls outside of the limits of the sanctioned bout, should not be fighting in the UFC.

Mad Xyientist -  
 Win Gleison Tibau TKO (Punches) UFC 65 - Bad Intentions 11/18/2006 2 2:27
 Win Josh Neer Submission (Kimura) UFC 62 - Liddell vs. Sobral 8/26/2006 3 1:42
 Win Ray Steinbeiss Decision ICFO 1 - Stockton 5/13/2006 3 N/A
 Loss Sean Sherk Decision (Unaminous) UFC 59 - Reality Check 4/15/2006 3 5:00
 Loss Joe Riggs Decision (Unaminous) UFC 57 - Liddell vs Couture 3 2/4/2006 3 5:00
 Loss Diego Sanchez Decision (Unanimous) UFC - The Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale 11/5/2005 3 5:00
 Win Koji Oishi KO (Punches) UFC 53 - Heavy Hitters 6/4/2005 1 1:24
 Win Drew Fickett TKO (Punches) UFC 51 - Super Saturday 2/5/2005 1 4:40
 Loss Karo Parisyan Decision (Split) UFC 49 - Unfinished Business 8/21/2004 3 5:00
 Win Robbie Lawler KO (Punches) UFC 47 - It's On 4/2/2004 2 1:31
 Win Jeremy Jackson Submission (Armbar) UFC 44 - Undisputed 9/26/2003 3 2:04

Meanwhile Clay Guida is 5-5 in the UFC, 3/5 wins by boring decision.

I gotta give CRE one thing... his gimmick is a good one.

Everyone wants to watch Nick fight, hate him or love him he is entertaining as fuck = he could be in the UFC.
Cmon.....i mean Kimbo's in the UFC...

screen name 2 - Cmon.....i mean Kimbo's in the UFC...
Honestly, for all the hype as a 'badasss', Kimbo seems to be doing just fine in the UFC.

Not sure Diaz could do the same. Pity actually.

Jack Skellington - 
Honestly, for all the hype as a 'badasss', Kimbo seems to be doing just fine in the UFC.

Get back to us once you've seen more than a year's worth of PPV's, k?

Jack Skellington - 

Whaaaaat? Nick might not be able to beat every guy at ww in ufc but he will sure as fuck make a good fight with any of em.
Kimbo just.....God this isn't even worth explaining

CRE - GET A FUCKING JOB LOL

YOU TOO DANNYOCEAN

says the janitor.

screen name 2 - 
Jack Skellington - 

Whaaaaat? Nick might not be able to beat every guy at ww in ufc but he will sure as fuck make a good fight with any of em.
Kimbo just.....God this isn't even worth explaining
Oh, I'm not saying Kimbo's skill has him in the UFC. Probably a bad example as I'm gonna get flamed for even saying his name.

But behind the scenes I've heard nothing negative about him since arriving.

Nick Diaz has the ability & personality to be a star. But he has to get his personality under control first. Problem is his personality is one of the reasons he's so popular.

Kimbo might have the personality but on the other hand lacks the skills.
Nick isn't that old, he's still growing up, still maturing.
"Nick Diaz has the ability & personality to be a star"
And i hate to burst your bubble, but Nicks already a star.

nobones - 
Jack Skellington - Granted, not the most popular opinion. He's got the skill to do very well in the UFC, but he's his own biggest enemy.

His own worst enemy is right. I think he was actually cast for the 4th season of TUF when they used vets and is even in 1-2 shots in the first episode when the cast meets in the gym then he mysteriously disappears. He literally walked away from the show because he thought it was beneath him.

Not to mention the fight he had in the ER after the Riggs fight and all kinds of other things. Nate doesn't have as much of a chip on his shoulder but also isn't as talented.

But besides Diaz's perennial chip on his shoulder, he has weak takedown defense when going up against the top fighters in the UFC with a strong wrestling game. It became almost routine how to beat him. That's why Dana wanted to get him on TUF to help get him some exposure so he could start making good money for his fights despite losing contender fights by narrow decisions all the time.

Diaz is awesome BECAUSE of all these things. Should mma become a homogeneous group of puppets like the NFL?