Nick Diaz Reacts

3 Likes

Nick Diaz has reacted after booking a rematch with Robbie Lawler at UFC 266.

The pair initially collided seventeen years ago at UFC 47, with the Stockton prospect emerging victorious by way of second round knockout.
Both Diaz and Lawler would go on to have extremely successful careers after that contest. Nick captured the Strikeforce welterweight title in 2010 and went on to defend the belt on three occasions.

As for Robbie Lawler, ‘Ruthless’ went on to capture the EliteXC middleweight title in 2007, defending the belt on one occasion against Scott Smith. Lawler later returned to the UFC where he eventually captured the promotions welterweight title by dethroning Johny Hendricks in 2014.

tea

Oh look,the MMA media in this copy cat world now uses the word reacts instead of the word responds.

Such and such reacts

Such and such reacts

I know this is such a small thing to be concerned about,I just get tired of reading the same o,same o.

• And this copy cat world that we live in.
2 Likes

You respond to people.

You react to events.

Fight getting booked is an event

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

Too late.

This fight should have been made when Lawler was the champ.

A great lead up to this would have been easy to do.

I know that Lawler faced some killers up to that point and Woodley was in line but this fight would have been fire and the lead up would have been smoking.

Now what does it mean?

Nothing in terms of ranking.

Only the die hard fans know about it but it will mean nothing for either guy who wins.

Ugh mma fans are so hard to satisfy

This fight is fucking awesome. Not every fight has to be about a belt or a title shot

14 Likes

I think if Diaz wins in convincing fashion he’ll be right in the mix for a title shot. There’s not much else going on in the welterweight division at the moment, Marty’s “running laps” as he puts it. And there’s no way he says no to a Diaz pay day.

I don’t think his reaction to his own fight booking was to immediately pick up his phone and go to Twitter

1 Like

After Nick beats Robbie again I wanna see him fight Stephen Thompson next. That matchup interests me. Nick would be the aggressor like he was against Condit’s running ass and I think he wins a decision 30-27 or 29-28

I think Diaz needs more than just Lawler to set up a run for a title shot, but that is my two cents.

Usman needs to face Thompson first imo.

1 Like

Why would you do that?

Thompson should fight Usman first as he’s the next in line in rankings for someone Usman has not beat.

Let Diaz fight Lawler, if he wins, then Chiesa, and if he wins then a shot vs the winner of Usman/ Thompson.

1 Like

Stephen Thompson just lost bro. Why would he be next in line for Usman lol

4 Likes

Diaz is about as slow as molasses and that was before this long sabbatical. Lawler gets it done early or Diaz survives the onslaught and slowly drags it out but I’m leaning Lawler in this one.

1 Like

Because even in the loss he’s still a guy who has not lost to Usman yet.