"No Deal" for Driver accused of killing Mask

wildhog - No it was manslaughter. Mask's speed may have been a contributing factor in the severity of the crash but it was not the proximate cause of the crash.

A matter of opinion if you ask me.
Had mask been doing the speed limit, that drunk could have hit him all day and mask would have gotten out of that car pissed off.

piratepirate - 
wildhog - No it was manslaughter. Mask's speed may have been a contributing factor in the severity of the crash but it was not the proximate cause of the crash.

Had mask been doing the speed limit, that drunk could have hit him all day and mask would have gotten out of that car pissed off.

You yourself go back to the comment that the drunk could have hit him all day....the drunk hit him, that is what makes the drunk hitting him the proximate cause of the crash, not the speed. IMO had Mask survived he would have been charged for some type of offense but that also would not have made him the primary cause of the crash.

wildhog - 

You yourself go back to the comment that the drunk could have hit him all day....the drunk hit him, that is what makes the drunk hitting him the proximate cause of the crash, not the speed. IMO had Mask survived he would have been charged for some type of offense but that also would not have made him the primary cause of the crash.

I don't argue the drunk caused the crash,
but the speed of the crash is what killed him.

The sad part was Mask and Co were street racing on the freeway on their own Tapout show and everybody thought that episode was soo cool and yada yada yada.

zekeil - 
bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
Devlyn - ^The prosecutor said that Lewis contributed to the incident too.

Agree on no deal for the porsche driver, but bottom line, he got himself killed and his GF seriously injured by being a moron. The other guy being drunk doesn't excuse that.

YOU ARE THE FUCKING MORON, there is no excuse for being drunk.
Kirby was drunk Mask was not...case fucking closed.

There is no excuse for street racing either, especially with a passenger, case fucking closed.

Seriously you're going to compare street racing to driving drunk?
There is no comparison. Yes I agree street racing is wrong but nobody deserves to die from it because an idiot is coming home DRUNK from the night before.

Nobody DESERVES to die from drunk driving either.  Mask is not dead just from a drunk driver on the road, he is dead from racing a person who just happened to be drunk,  Huh imagine that a person that engaged in the dangerous behavior of street racing, also engaged in the risky behavior of drinking and driving!  What happens if when they finally reveal the autopsy results and mask was drinking also?  Do you want them to dig mask up and put him in jail then also?

You know nothing, He wasn't even known to be racing there trying to use that as a defense.
Like Sean said he passed Kirby and probably because Kirby was drunk he wanted to show that Ferrari how fast his porsche was. Mask probably didn't even know the guy was next to him before the drunken idiot lost control and smashed into him.

I'm tired of arguing with somebody who is trying to defend one of the worst drugs on the planet today.

There is NO EXCUSE for driving drunk.

I'm done with you.

LOL talk about not knowing anything, the cops already said that they were racing and LOL at saying he was known NOT to race. I guess he just drove everywhere at 100 MPH with passengers cause it saved on gas.

Who said he was known not to race....please don't be stupid read the post before you answer back and come off sounding ignorant.

LOL.. at the time of the accident dumbass. Do you even know what the word context means?...LMAO

exactly.....Mask wouldn't want this^^^imo

piratepirate - 
wildhog - 

I don't argue the drunk caused the crash,
but the speed of the crash is what killed him.

The sad part was Mask and Co were street racing on the freeway on their own Tapout show and everybody thought that episode was soo cool and yada yada yada.

I also agree the speed is what killed him, of course its not the speed that kills its the sudden stop. I was only pointing out that regardless of the speed if the drunk would have never hit him the crash would have never happened. So the cause of the crash is the drunk hitting him. That is all.

piratepirate - 

Actually it's a matter of law, not opinion. And what leads you to believe that a drunk driver hitting you while going at normal freeway speeds can't kill you? Because I assure, it can, and many people have died that way.

bismanfightclub - 
GladiatorGannon - 
piratepirate - 

Actually it's a matter of law, not opinion. And what leads you to believe that a drunk driver hitting you while going at normal freeway speeds can't kill you? Because I assure, it can, and many people have died that way.

How many of those legal speed crashes end up with the car being in 3 pieces?

So you think the car has to be in three pieces for you to die is that right?
I can't believe you're still defending that drunken idiot...LOL

Feel free to conduct the following experiment - drive at the legal speed limit on any fast moving road, and aim your car at tree. Get back to us with your findings.

GladiatorGannon - I've created this thread in the What If forum for people that wished to debate the ongoing criminal case of his killer without causing undue pain to his many real-life friends on the forums, who are still grieving his loss.

Since the purpose of this thread is to divert the flame wars from the regular forum, I request that Mods allow a little extra latitude here.

The thread is entitled Respect for Mask. If you feel like pursuing a vigorous debate, that is the place to do it.

bismanfightclub -
GladiatorGannon - Feel free to conduct the following experiment - drive at the legal speed limit on any fast moving road, and aim your car at tree. Get back to us with your findings.

Car companies and the Govt. does 1,000's of those tests every year and they show how survivable crashes at legal speeds are, so how bout you go ahead and prove them wrong.

meaning you aren't willing to try it yourself? :)

GladiatorGannon - 
Sagiv's MOD slave -  That dude is facked.

facked? he'll do 18 months in an easy jail, and then go back to being a rich drunken asshole in a porsche.

sad truth...

GladiatorGannon -

I didn't say it couldn't,
I said in this case, it wouldn't.
They weren't on the freeway for one, and for two,
if they were doing the speed limit then his Ferrari would have not spun wildly out of control and cut the car in half.

bismanfightclub -
I'm not defending the drunken idiot, you are defending an idiot that was street racing and think cause he owned a MMA shirt company he shouldn't be held accountable, and no a car doesn't HAVE to be in 3 pieces for someone to die, but I don't know of too many crashes where a car is destroyed that bad and anyone lives, but I have seen plenty of crashes at legal speeds where the car is in one piece and the people live, often times with only minor injuries.  Get a fucking clue!  Mask played with fire one too many times and got burnt, it's a fucking tragedy but it doesn't mean he isn't still responsible for the part he played.

Well said, I don't think anybody is saying Mask deserved to die, never met the dude, but he seemed like a pretty genuine character. But he was going VERY fast, and obviously did it fairly often.

Ask any highway patrol officer, speed kills.

I hope the guy gets the maximum sentence. He needs to pay a price for what happened that day.

Do I feel "Mask" was completely innocent with what ended up happening that day, no, but he already paid a price for what he did so there's no point in arguing what he did or didn't do.

I hope "Masks" passenger is able to physically re-cooperate fully. Hopefully she has strong friends/family who will help her deal with any emotional trauma she may have that were ultimately caused by the decisions both Mask and the drunk guy made that day.

I hope this guy rots in jail, I also would feel the same way if it was a random person who died not Mask.

Mask killed himself. Noone made him drive over 100 mph.

I used to street race all the time and now I know how stupid it was. Whether you're drunk or sober street racing is dangerous and you're putting your life and the life of others at risk.

Do I agree that the guy should be punished? Yes. Should he go to jail for the rest of his life? No. I think taking away his license permenantly along with a 2 year jail sentence would be appropriate but to put him at 100% fault is silly.

Yeah add me to the list of people that think anything more than a few years is rediculous. The dude crashed his Porsche racing a Ferrari. He didn't kidnap and murder some schoolgirl. People get less than 18 years for spraying random pedestrians in drive bys. The guy is an idiot, and the outcome is tragic, but a little perspective please.

ANY PICS OF THE CRASH????