No hate but 3 of Jones last 5 wins = go 2 decision

...and the 2 finishes during his last 5 fights were both against blown up Middleweights Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort.

Not hating, but I hear Dana publicly giving Aldo grief about not finishing his fights lately (4 of his last 6 have gone the distance) and we all know the massive criticism of GSP by many for all his decisions.

Why is there no mention of the majority of Jones' last 5 fights going to the judges?

I understand he dominated Evans and Glover - and that Gusty was the only close one. But this is one the very main reasons GSP always used to get hate. He would dominate his opponents but not finish them. How is Bones' one-sided fights against Evans and Glover and not finishing them any different then what we've seen with the same type of situations with Aldo and GSP?

I'm sure I'll get some hate from the Jones' nuthuggers for simply asking. No less, it's still a legit question.

ALOT tougher to get finishes when your always fighting the number 1 contender. Much easier when your making your way to the top when your not always fighting the best guys. Also, there's so much more at stake when your the champ, one loss and you lose it all so I feel sometimes the champs don't take the same risks they might have before.

Also not like Jones isn't laying a beating on his opponents, there usually a bloody mess after just hard to finish

The only one he played safe in was the rashad fight. He was putting it on glover up until like the end of the 5th. And him vs Gus was a war. Phone Post 3.0

People are expecting too much if they go into each fight thinking "Jonez in Rd 1 via HELLBOWS!!1" Phone Post 3.0

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - The only one he played safe in was the rashad fight. He was putting it on glover up until like the end of the 5th. And him vs Gus was a war. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

This Jones hate is getting fuckin old. He might be the best fighter ever and he's 26 years old. Fuckin shut up Phone Post 3.0

The difference between Jones, Aldo and GSP is GSP and Aldo's finishing rate went down when Jones has stayed pretty much the same. Phone Post 3.0

The guy is regarded as the p4p best fighter on the planet, he is earning millions upon millions and has an incredible amount of pressure on him to stay at the top.

He doesn't want to lose what took him so long to build up. Jones is still a beast and really hurts guys even if he doesn't finish them, but at the same time he will naturally take less risks because not only are the quality of his opponents get better but he has more to lose. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, I'm sure Dana was just angry about the general notion of Aldo not finishing and not the fact that he's just content leg kick his opponents until he gasses after third then coast to a decision.

Jones does not sandbag in any comparison to the way GSP does.

Jones is never in a boring fight, nor does he wrestle someone for 25 minutes. The issue with GSP is that he would get takedowns and dominate the top game but not really do a lot while there. If Jones gets someone down, the first thing he does is look to land those nasty elbows. It isn't always about getting the finish, but the fight itself.

2 of his last 2 fights! That's 100%! C'mon UFC do something! Phone Post 3.0

I got news for you, his next two fights will likely go the distance too. Gus and Cormier are extremely tough. Phone Post 3.0

You know who is hard to finish? Top competition. Squash matches are for the little leagues. Phone Post 3.0

there is a difference between going for a finish and not getting it and just coasting to a decision

It is mostly a credit to his competition. Cos my god he tried to finish it. Can't just look at stats like that. Phone Post 3.0

60% finish is pretty dma good as champ to be honest Phone Post 3.0

FeelinFroggy - 
Brigham - This Jones hate is getting fuckin old. He might be the best fighter ever and he's 26 years old. Fuckin shut up Phone Post 3.0

You're mentally incompetent...read the op; he was only asking if the decisions show anything (like playing it safer or tougher competition). is jones your pathetic god now, that no one can utter his name unless accompanied with a "thou art holy holy holy" chant?

You're right on FeelinFroggy. I even state multiple times I'm not hating on Jones, just asking a simple question. And still a response of "This Jones hate...."

It's so pathetic and obvious someone is such an ultra nutthugger when they still respond this way.

There have actually been some really good responses and explanations to this question. "Fuckin shut up" doesn't add much.

time traveling 12er - 
FeelinFroggy - 
FTUGTT_Mix6APlix - 
Thingading - ...and the 2 finishes during his last 5 fights were both against blown up Middleweights Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort.

Not hating, but I hear Dana publicly giving Aldo grief about not finishing his fights lately (4 of his last 6 have gone the distance) and we all know the massive criticism of GSP by many for all his decisions.

Why is there no mention of the majority of Jones' last 5 fights going to the judges?

I understand he dominated Evans and Glover - and that Gusty was the only close one. But this is one the very main reasons GSP always used to get hate. He would dominate his opponents but not finish them. How is Bones' one-sided fights against Evans and Glover and not finishing them any different then what we've seen with the same type of situations with Aldo and GSP?

I'm sure I'll get some hate from the Jones' nuthuggers for simply asking. No less, it's still a legit question.
Shut up fag op Phone Post 3.0

wow, just wow...member since 2003, over 33 thousand posts, even splurged on the pro membership, and not a single VU...man youre pathetic

Any guesses on this one guys? Just previously banned or a cowardly alt?

Personally, I think the oh-so-original and cowardly "Shut up fag" to a simple non-fighter bashing question merits either a suspension or another ban. It adds absolutely nothing to the UG but wasted space.