No more Stann, PLEASE

I wish they could get Pat Phone Post 3.0

?BFuck yah thought his analysis is on point. But during the fight he was more of a spectator am I right?

He made 2 or 3 good calls right as they happened in the fights tonight. On time, on point and explaining why a fighter shot for a takedown, or was throwing certain techniques.

I have watched mma from the start and i thought he is getting better at it.

I would drop Dan Hardy in a heartbeat if i had to chose between the 2.

The UFC needs Bas Rutten on the mic. I don't know why he isn't calling the fight already . Get a HOFer in there. He has a personality that is much needed. He knows how to do it. Phone Post 3.0

That's the greatest living American.. you watch your mouth Phone Post 3.0

jkd4200 - 
chadp - 
gokudamus - Commentary...we talking about commentary?

This isn't the wwe. The commentator shouldn't really be noticed and shouldn't get in the way. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

I guess there are some hard core fans that just appreciate all aspects of the game.

I break this sport down all the way to the announcers. I love the entire experience.

just how i am... and Stann is terrible.

ok...if you break the sport down all the way to the announcers you do understand that traditionally its the play by play guy that builds the story and drama and its the color commentator that just explains the technical details right?

Stann does a great job. Haters gonna hate. Phone Post 3.0

Stann is a boss. Phone Post 3.0

Perfer Et Obdura -
HexRei - 
thesweedee -

I completely disagree. Give me Stan over Rogan every single event. Its obvious Rogan doesn´t care At all anymore. Stann keeps it simple and straight to the point for everyone. Rogan? Not so much. They key to please the casual/average fan (90% + of viewers) isn´t to overly complicate every damn explination.

My favorite combo and event was however Hardy and the other brittish dude not too long ago, perfect chemistry.

Yep

I agree with thesweedee

Yep
Haha gold. Phone Post 3.0

jkd4200 -
Scrimgali - 
ringworm600 - No offense OP but you can kindly fuck off. Stann did a terrific job as usual. I would also like to see more Dan Hardy; guy does a surprising great job... speaks proper english. Phone Post 3.0
This guy gets it. VU. I actually really enjoy listening to Stann call fights, and would love to see more of Hardy. That said, I hope Rogan sticks around for as long as possible on ppv side of things. Phone Post 3.0

So, you agree with him that i should "Kindly fuck off"... BUT,

you agree that there should be more Dan Hardy and MORE Joe Rogan.

interesting.

I don't think they should fire Stann, he just sucks in this role.

He is better breaking down fights in the pre-fight.

Give Robin a try.... why not. nothing could be worse than Stann.
Robin who? Black? You must be fucking kidding. Phone Post 3.0

I like Stann but Anik bores me to death. I really hope they sign Mauro if/when his contract with the WWE expires. I'm sure he'd much rather commentate MMA than WWE, although he's a perfect match for both.

He's credible & will only get better on the mike. Also, he doesn't embarrass himself through misguided attempts @ wit.
Very solid choice.

gokudamus - 
jkd4200 - 
chadp - 
gokudamus - Commentary...we talking about commentary?

This isn't the wwe. The commentator shouldn't really be noticed and shouldn't get in the way. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

I guess there are some hard core fans that just appreciate all aspects of the game.

I break this sport down all the way to the announcers. I love the entire experience.

just how i am... and Stann is terrible.

ok...if you break the sport down all the way to the announcers you do understand that traditionally its the play by play guy that builds the story and drama and its the color commentator that just explains the technical details right?

Yes,,, i do.

So maybe you are saying Stann could do better with Goldie (or someone not Anik?)

Maybe.

Again, i just think he is in the wrong position. He can add a ton of value to the UFC product.

He just does not have the skill to call a fight. We have been spoiled to have someone like Joe for so long.

Joe is a fan first and martial artist and he is entertaining. Tough shoes to fill for sure.

Football he is better at.

Stann says "sshhtriking" instead of "striking" and "sshhtraight" instead or "straight".

No idea why... he's capable of making the "sss" sound. Phone Post 3.0

^ stann could call football better that is

Fedorforever - I like Dan Hardy. Let him do some more shows in US Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

I like Stann on there Phone Post 3.0

Bring in RJ Clifford Phone Post 3.0

What about Todd Harris who does WSOF? Harris and Mir where really good together in WEC. Phone Post 3.0

thesweedee -

It also seems like he talks with pretty much everyone on the maicard and prelims before the fight to get some info and studies previous fights.

Perhaps Rogan also does this? ..

They all do it, all the major MMA promotions. Phone Post 3.0