Nobody thinks Canelo beat GGG!

Outside of his camp, nobody thinks he won. This is odd, usually in any situation, there are people who think the wrong guy wow. Nobody thinks Canelo won. Nobody!

His mom does.

It was clear he didn't 

Back n forth fight, I gave it to GGG for pressure/ring control

Nobody. Corruption

He didn’t win, and I had money on him, but now because of the shitty judges, people are seeming to go completely way overboard on how bad he actually did lose. It wasn’t a complete blowout, it was somewhat close.

He probably doesn't even believe in his heart he won

Canelo himself would know it stunk. I wonder whether it pisses him off in some sense. I'd say there's a chance it does 

It was a close fight. I had money on GGG and the draw wasn't even shocking to me, although I had Golovkin up by 2, but it's the outrageous Adelaide Byrd that has everybody in an uproar. There were a lot of close rounds in that fight, similar to Leonard vs Hagler when Jose Guerra scored it 118 to 110 for Leonard. I was so happy that night, one of my favorite nights ever as a boxing fan!

I could see Canelo winning the fight.  Triple GGG was the aggresor, but other than that I thought Canelo fought the smarter, more technical, tighter fight.  Triple GGG was swinging pretty wild and missing during a lot of parts of the fight.  Canelo had better combos and footwork while Triple GGG had a lot of forward pressure, but I thought the pressure was largely nullified even when he had Canelo in the pocket.  Triple GGG definately had the better jab, but could not seem to land too many combos off of the Jab and you really do not score as much for a landed jab unless you are landing it with massive effect.  Most people will just root for the more aggressive fighter, but the boxer that plays the counterpunching out fighter is often playing the smarter more technical game.  Triple GGG is heading out of his prime and can afford to be as agressive a fighter as he can maintain.  Canales is barely reaching his prime and likely wants a long career and is likely weary about going toe to toe with a killer like Triple GGG. Both played their roles well.  Either way neither fighter dominated each other and they were well matched, neither took a beating.  Really evenly matched fighters, and possibly the best real boxing match of the year.  Looking forward to a rematch.    

Adelaide Byrd thinks he won.

Thinks he won 10 fucking rounds hahahaha.

He didn't GGG won the fight end of!

Golden Boy owners, a couple mexican fighters and Canelo's mom thought Canelo won so definitely no bias in their view. But it was definitely a closer fight most people think, but still at worst 7-5 to GGG.

Agreed 7-5 at worst for GGG.

Golovkin is not getting enough credit for his defensive work. He was consistently blocking a lot of Canelo's body shots and also disrupting a lot of his combinations which was causing Canelo a lot of difficulty. This was evident from the fact that there were countless times where he'd make GGG miss but instead of firing back to make GGG pay he'd simply retreat again and repeat the process. He was fighting in spots to survive and was the fighter who looked in jeopardy throughout the fight.

As a result of GGG's tight defense a lot of Canelo's eye catching punches were not landing cleanly but might appeared to do so because of the minimal movement in blocking by GGG.

I had it 6-6. GGG was cutting the ring off and moving forward, but he was missing, punching Canelo's gloves in the guard, and catching counters with his face. 

Canelo landed the better punches, the cleaner punches, and the bigger punches. GGG has a crazy chin and just ate them. GGG only landed one or 2 significant punches throughout the fight. He landed a lot of jabs and was the aggressor, but he went 12 rounds with a ginger and didn't cut him. 

I could see 8-4 GGG or a draw depending if you're weighing effective punching or aggression. 

Cara Cicatriz -

Agreed 7-5 at worst for GGG.

Golovkin is not getting enough credit for his defensive work. He was consistently blocking a lot of Canelo's body shots and also disrupting a lot of his combinations which was causing Canelo a lot of difficulty. This was evident from the fact that there were countless times where he'd make GGG miss but instead of firing back to make GGG pay he'd simply retreat again and repeat the process. He was fighting in spots to survive and was the fighter who looked in jeopardy throughout the fight.

As a result of GGG's tight defense a lot of Canelo's eye catching punches were not landing cleanly but might appeared to do so because of the minimal movement in blocking by GGG.

I had it 8-4 GGG. 7-5 at the worst. 

Canelo didn't win that fight, he had an admirable loss though. I doubt he could repeat that same performance again. 

Some fighters like RJJ called it a draw 

I had it 9-3 GGG.

Mayweedz -

I could see Canelo winning the fight.  Triple GGG was the aggresor, but other than that I thought Canelo fought the smarter, more technical, tighter fight.  Triple GGG was swinging pretty wild and missing during a lot of parts of the fight.  Canelo had better combos and footwork while Triple GGG had a lot of forward pressure, but I thought the pressure was largely nullified even when he had Canelo in the pocket.  Triple GGG definately had the better jab, but could not seem to land too many combos off of the Jab and you really do not score as much for a landed jab unless you are landing it with massive effect.  Most people will just root for the more aggressive fighter, but the boxer that plays the counterpunching out fighter is often playing the smarter more technical game.  Triple GGG is heading out of his prime and can afford to be as agressive a fighter as he can maintain.  Canales is barely reaching his prime and likely wants a long career and is likely weary about going toe to toe with a killer like Triple GGG. Both played their roles well.  Either way neither fighter dominated each other and they were well matched, neither took a beating.  Really evenly matched fighters, and possibly the best real boxing match of the year.  Looking forward to a rematch.    

This. My money is on nonuple G in the rematch.

So it seems a good chunk of the UG is now saying it was a draw or Canelo won. Classic UG :D