Nut Shot

So, watching Fox Sports and they're airing this "Science of Sports" show. Todays topic is about the physiological effects of being hit in the balls. Turns out the test-subjects heartrate redlined at 185+ bpm. His arteries constricted and his adrenaline overloaded. Dude was paralyzed. A hard nut shot shuts down the system.

Most guys have been hit in the nuts at some point or another...and you pretty much know it would be better to be punched in the face. I had an experience playing racquetball, for instance, that I've tried to forget for almost 20 years.

This got me thinking...

Are human males the only animals who are so affected by a nut shot? Why dont we see lions, chimps, dogs, and bears more afraid of getting hit in the testes? They have almost no protection, especially since they dont wear pants.

If you were getting mauled by a bear, could you punch him in the balls? Would that stop him the way it would stop me if I got punched in the balls?

good question indeed.

*** tests theory out by punting girlfriend's chiuahuah in the balls***

Do dogs scream??

I've used the nut shot in a street fight when I was younger.  I punched the guy in the nuts and he went down screaming my balls, my balls, my fucking balls.  I got up and walked home after that.  That was the end of that.

For K

^this still doesnt answer the core question...

CAN A NUT SHOT STOP AN ANIMAL?

we must know...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ecwq859fXU4&amp;rel=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>

I KNEW IT!

LMAO @ that vid

When I was a kid my brother and I saw this pig with balls so big they literally almost touched the ground. Well he shot the pig in the balls with a bb gun and the pig went crazy it definitely hurt him but didn't stop him. Hope that helps...

Ever castrated a bull Pat?

of course i have.  who hasnt?

i'm sensing theres more to this story...

for the nut "K'utter...

play at your own risk...

Rocky Mountain Oysters... yummz

mrk how do you know that didn't hurt that cow? fugger was in that staight jacket type contraption. Do you speak moo?

Mr. K,

I suspect the snipping above the balls differs from smashing the balls with a strike as Mr. Freitas is pondering.

i speak a little "moo." and if i remember correctly from Moo 101 at the University, i think i did hear this:

"MY BALLS! OH MY F-F-F-UCKIN BALLS! NOOOO!!! AHHHH!!! OH GOD!!!! FUCK!!!! KILL ME NOWWWWW!!! F-F-F-U-U-U-C-C-C-K-K-K!!! OH JEEEEBUS HELP ME!!!! MOMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!..."

yeah, the cows hardly feel a thing.

Calf was not "running off"...more walking best it could after being castrated. Can't blame him, he just wanted to get away from those honky nut fondling bastards

that bear video is the sh*t lol.

That's just wrong. 

Pat, who says that animals nuts are not protected because they don't wear pants.  I don't know what kind of dogs that you hang around with but...

Here's where I would insert a cool picture...If I could get that damn thing to work!

The question should "Why do fighters get such a shorttime to recoupe?"