NYC OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS 7/29

hey carmine, where you training out of?

i wanna roll with u man, its been a while. i got a few fights coming up,
gimma a call

amontnaez

Guys, show ur support and join this yahoo group. It's a free group. I will send out ALL info on grappling leagues, tournaments, team leagues and more. I'm proud of everyone who competed. This is gonna be the place to compete in NYC. Thanks for the support guys. Already starting to get reservations in for the next tournament. Pretty soon i'll have to get a bigger venue (which is something i won't complain about)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri_State_grappling_league

ttt

Just curious how is USA JUDO INC sanctiong a submission grappling event?

Chzog, it's a matter of NO CHOICE.... Jerry had to ask them to because the state MADE HIM DO IT, and I guess they figured why not collect a sanctioning fee?

Right now, state of NY is in sorry state :(

I wasn't aware that USA Judo could sanction anything outside of Judo.

Are they actually sending someone to supervise the event?

To my understanding their liability insurance coverage also requires every compeitior to be a member of USA Judo as well.

FYI I'm not looking to pick an arguement, I'm genuinely confused about this.

Who cares if the sisters of the blind sanction it?

Cheap, local grappling tournament... support it.

rule #1, in NY logic can not be used, if you apply logic to the actions of our commission, your head will explode and you will be unhappy, just accept that we live in a state where the commission wants to see everything but boxing die and they do whatever they can to kill all martial arts compeitions

You do not have to be a member of USA JUDO if the event is not being ranked by USA JUDO, meaning that this isn't going towards JUDO OLYMPICS. ACOM-SPORTS will be ranking the competitors. It's just insurance to make sure that the event is in compliance with nysac and that it is a safe event.

Jerry,

So, basically USA Judo is acting as your insurance agent? I would have assumed when I heard "sanctioned by USA Judo" that there is some benefit to the athlete besides insurance coverage (which is of course a very good benefit)....like ranking, oversight by USA Judo, or some standing within the organization. I am also suprised that they would not require participants to be a member of USA Judo in order to access insurance.  The fact that they don't have to spend more money is good for the athletes though. In any event, good luck with the event. NY is tough on martial arts for sure.

David,

Are you part of this event in any way? You seemed to answer for Jerry pretty quick.

As you already know, I have promoted events in NY, so I know what teh current situation is in NY regarding the commission. That doesn't make me affiliated with an event, just makes me up to date on what is going on in my state

ttt for Jerry...

Jerry, are you not working with USKBA anymore?

sambosteve,

call me

347-432-4024

TTT for Jerry "Thug-Life" Mendez.

thanks for the call Jerry

no problem brother

"TTT for Jerry "Thug-Life" Mendez."

WEST SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!

well, i have been getting a good response for the next competition. This should be a great event. I am greatful for the support.

i cant wait to do the next event man.

amontanez