Official. GSP will fight Bisping

Not sure why everyone is so caught up on a size difference.  I remember when Cormier tossed Josh Barnett around a few years back.  And GSP has a longer reach than Bisping.  

ttt

Good fight to come back with.

Dogman - Why does this ass not have to face a number one contender...What a shit show!
Champions clause, they had to offer him a title fight or the break his contract and he's a free agent.

This makes perfect sense, really.

They can't let him fight yet another active yet currently outside the top 5 MW contender and still be taken seriously.  Yet, in order to milk as much European $$ from what's left of Bispings career, they can't let him fight Romero, Weidman, Jacare or Mousasi who all beat him, and they can't bank on lightning striking the same spot again against Rockhold. They really can't lose Pitting him against a smaller and coming off 4 year layoff HUGE name in GSP. Bisping wins, it's huge. Bisping loses... oh, well, GSP is top 3 GOAT who will be a 2 division champ whom they can make massive profits off.  

The best part is that the fight will take place in the second half of 2017 so lucky Romero gets to wait another year

increase the panic -
touch -
ChiefMac -

If GSP wins this fight...expect GSP vs Conor for the WW belt. 3 belts attempted for conor. Huge money fight. 

I can totally expect that but what do they do with Woodley/Wonderboy winner then, degrade him to interim champ? lol

Yeah I was wondering if maybe he meant MW or something...Conor moves up to fight GSP at 185, and then if he wins moves down to challenge at 170 and retires with four belts. All fans and haters stand quietly with dicks in hands. Conor casually wins a powerball lottery on the same day and then returns to his home planet. 

Was just taking the piss with the WW belt situation because of the way UFC are handing out belts and title shots atm. But I genuinely think if GSP wins they will try and make him vs mcgregor somehow.i don't think GSP can hang at MW and won't stay there. But yea I def don't expect Conor to attempt to actually fight at 185 lol

wouldnt put it passed new owners to try tho lol

And you thought Anderson vs Brunson and Gastelum vs Vitor were dumb fights...

Anybody guess where this fight will take place ?

Hebie Ver Sloose -

Anybody guess where this fight will take place ?

Either London or Montreal. Nowhere else.

"The promotion is currently targeting Canada for UFC 216 on Sept. 9"

I guess this or International fight week.

Not buying a UK fight as it would do better live gate in Canada or Vegas. 5am PPV times kill it here.

138 -

"The promotion is currently targeting Canada for UFC 216 on Sept. 9"

I guess this or International fight week.

Not buying a UK fight as it would do better live gate in Canada or Vegas. 5am PPV times kill it here.

How huge would it be if they put it on the same card as McGregor vs Ferguson/Khabib winner?

Fight week card fo sho!

Gsp deserves to come back to a high profile fight like this what other fighter in recent history dominated nearly all their title defences other than MM and JJ, shows the quality of fighter he is regardless if he finishes them or not. 

Don't mention pre or post usada as I'm sure all his opponents would of been on something if he was too. 

Other point is this ppv will do tripple the amount of buys that bisping vs Yoel would do, meaning tripple the amount of people want to watch this fight. 

This is how ridiculous GSP vs. Bisping is.

GSP and Anderson Silva side-by-side:

http://www.chrisansari.com/misc/ug/gsp_silva.jpg

Silva and Michael Bisping side-by-side:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/26/18/31972D2300000578-0-Anderson_Silva_left_and_Michael_Bisping_right_face_off_during_th-m-3_1456511557241.jpg

WME-IMG wants $$$ so bad, they are going to ruin the return of one of the GOATs.

tj tapper -

This has GSP win then retire written on it to me. 

this has nothing to do with WME and everything to do with 'business as usual' at the UFC.

Let's see, what's worse? this fight? or would it be worse to give this person a title fight.

Lost a title fight he didn't earn. beat two non-contenders, gets another title shot to the same guy. Gets his entire chest caved in and made to look horrible.

7 months later, his next fight, he moves up a weight class to a division he hasn't fought in for 7 years and fights for a title again (remember, coming off losing twice to the same fighter for the same title, then another title shot his next fight.

OR, FedExing belts to people that have yet to even step into the octagon ( at least twice)

OR, giving a guy a shot at the heavyweight title after being 2 and 1 lifetime (no ammy fights) in MMA

OR..... Kimbo slice being hired by the UFC at any level?

The list is very long

This is not new. it's in an org that was never meant to be a legitimate league or sporting org. It was started to prove Gracie Jiu Jitsu was better than any other style.

the only thing that ever changed was Zuffa bought It (shady) and used it to promote two of the minority owner's fighters and do nothing more than prize fighting.

The UFC has been money over merit since 2003

Wups, meant to quote epwar. Sorry tj tapper

Bisping just said the fight WILL be in Vegas, not sure on date.

instagram live video with the man himself