OH MY GOD TEXAS STRIKES AGAIN

Texas has had a history of awful decisions and stoppages. This may be the worst.... Phone Post 3.0

After the replay I could see why he jumped in Phone Post 3.0

That was terrible... Phone Post 3.0

Fire that ref Phone Post 3.0

Not a big fan of "worst ever" type comments... but... I agree with you OP, this one might be the one.

Yeah his eyes were shut I mean this guy always makes a big deal of things Phone Post 3.0

Anyone else notice how pissed Brian Stann as in the replay? Dude threw his pen. Phone Post 3.0

OmgItsTheWams - After the replay I could see why he jumped in Phone Post 3.0
He was right in Bedford's face as he was defending and stopped the fight. Sure the fall was pretty bad but he didn't stop it immediately after the fall, he stopped it AS Bedford was defending himself Phone Post 3.0

OH MY GOD, these are the same officials that work in every state Phone Post 3.0

MdGeist - OH MY GOD, these are the same officials that work in every state Phone Post 3.0
I was more so going off that no matter when there is a fight in Texas, either a bad stoppage or a horrible judges decision happens. Way to get the point Phone Post 3.0

Brigham -
He was right in Bedford's face as he was defending and stopped the fight. Sure the fall was pretty bad but he didn't stop it immediately after the fall, he stopped it AS Bedford was defending himself Phone Post 3.0
But I always thought the rule was if you jump in and touch a fighter you have to stop the fight Phone Post 3.0

lol stann was pissed at that stoppage, his reaction during the replay is hilarious.

It's a tough call. I understand why the ref stopped it. Phone Post 3.0

Apparently Joe Silva wasn't happy either and from what Anik said, the ref said beings he touched the fighter, he had to stop the fight??? Phone Post 3.0

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - It's a tough call. I understand why the ref stopped it. Phone Post 3.0
Man I can't see how. He looked rocked but you have to give them at last a few seconds he didn't take any big shots on the ground Phone Post 3.0

BJJkilla - lol stann was pissed at that stoppage, his reaction during the replay is hilarious.

Joe Silva wasn't happy with that stoppage either.

OmgItsTheWams -
Brigham -
But I always thought the rule was if you jump in and touch a fighter you have to stop the fight Phone Post 3.0
That's what Anik was just saying. I wasn't aware of that rule as I've seen Herb Dean basically jump in and then jump back out without stopping it. Either way, if he touched the fighter and that's his reason for stopping it, he was wrong for jumping in. Just a horrible judgement call.

That said I would never want to be a ref, it's a very thankless job Phone Post 3.0

It's was one of the worst stoppages in awhile.

Flash knockdown stoppages are not warranted in the first minute of the opening round under any circumstance! Phone Post 3.0

caseharts -
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - It's a tough call. I understand why the ref stopped it. Phone Post 3.0
Man I can't see how. He looked rocked but you have to give them at last a few seconds he didn't take any big shots on the ground Phone Post 3.0
I agree, it was stopped early. The ref was a bit too aggressive there. But given how Bedford fell back, it looked like he went limp and his lights did go out for a second so I understand why the ref jumped in. He should have let Gibson follow up for certainty. Phone Post 3.0

MdGeist - It's was one of the worst stoppages in awhile.

Flash knockdown stoppages are not warranted in the first minute of the opening round under any circumstance! Phone Post 3.0
If every fight was stopped when a flash knockdown happened, the sport wouldn't exist Phone Post 3.0