Okami proves he can hang with Maia on the ground

i think he did a little better than hang with him. It was a very close match

It was the first match of a long tournament day, so Maia did just enough to get the win without tiring himself too much.

Demian did have very good armlock attempt @ 4:05.

ttt

Interetsing!

inf0 - Maia's better now, and that wasn't for keeps.

Okami is better now and that wasnt for keeps.

K-Dub-"T" - Okami vs Maia next. Winner gets Winner of Anderson/leites.

Works for me

Will be interesting when punches are involved

Okami is a very tough matchup for Maia in MMA.

It looked like Okami was about to tap to that armbar for a second.

Coopaloop - i think he did a little better than hang with him. It was a very close match

Are BJJ points scoring the same in that you dont get any points for taking someone's back without both hooks?

Okami would be a great test for Demian; too bad Okami is getting the tough underrated, virtually unknown and not highly ranked Miller instead.

It is misguided at best to even speak of Maia and Title Shot in the same sentence.

Love the guy don't get me wrong; must see MMA everytime he is on, "The Submission Machine" must beat a top ten MW first before we may talk Title Shot for Demian - someone like Marquardt or Miller/Okami winner.

NorthFromHere - It was the first match of a long tournament day, so Maia did just enough to get the win without tiring himself too much.

lol@this absurd "logic"

Mad Xyientist -  Okami is a very tough matchup for Maia in MMA.

judging from the video of their grappling match I have to say he is a tough match for him there as well

So basically Okami got a takedown and sat there and avoided subs for the whole time? Thats exactly what he'd do in an MMA fight, he is so boring to watch IMHO.

I'm glad Okami isn't getting a title shot honestly

This video makes it even me even more frustrated at how the UFC has treated Okami. The guy is a legit threat to anyone in that division and is long overdue for a title shot.

Forgot about that. I think it goes without saying that Okami and then Maia should be the next two opponents for Silva.

Okami is getting a very tough not well known and not highly ranked Miller instead. The man is getting the shaft imo - even with an impressive win over Miller doesn't move the needle up for Okami even a little, whereas a loss and everyone will say he was overrated and didn't deserve a Title Shot in the first place. Lose, lose fight for Okami.

Meanwhile Maia and Marquardt both believe they deserve the next shot which neither do without a win over each other or Okami first..

goku - 
NorthFromHere - It was the first match of a long tournament day, so Maia did just enough to get the win without tiring himself too much.

lol@this absurd "logic"

Well, this absurd logic is what Demian told to me.

b0bb0 - So basically Okami got a takedown and sat there and avoided subs for the whole time? Thats exactly what he'd do in an MMA fight, he is so boring to watch IMHO.

I'm glad Okami isn't getting a title shot honestly

Im glad you didnt watch the clip but assumed what happened anyhow and made your opinion on him getting shafted for a title shot according to your assumption.