Olivera made Justin quit

How about that?

13 Likes

GIRBLOX

2 Likes
2 Likes

I agree. Justin hit him with everything he had twice. When Charles kept coming gaethje started swinging messy haymakers. From there it was over

5 Likes

I just love the symmetry of it. All week we heard “once a coward always a coward” and “I’m gonna make him quit” and it ended with Justin tapping.

11 Likes

Not only ended with him tapping but dropped with one punch, helpless on the ground and also had him flailing all over the place.

10 Likes

Mixed Martial Arts Kiss GIF by UFC

13 Likes

I think you are right. Justin thought he was going to walk over Olivera and stuff his takedowns. He got cracked early and Justin was wobbled. Olivera seemed to sting Justin with straight punches while Justin had to resort to swing for the fences just to keep up.

3 Likes

I like Justin’s fights, but his mic skills are cringy and makes me want him to lose

4 Likes

I also made a thread about fight IQ. Justin has only one way to win. Olivera can win with stand up, clinch, off his back or on top. He can come back from taking a beating. He is the opposite of being a quitter.

I’ll be honest, I though Olivera would have been mentally defeated after that scale fiasco and him being stripped, and him depleting himself trying to lose weight. Boy was I wrong. Props to him.

I have watched most of his fights and he was grown so much. He entered a boy and is now the man!

14 Likes

Blaff with a little Jiu Jitsu adjustment on the arm. :joy:

6 Likes

I think Justin can win any fight he has been in, but he is too aggressive for his own good. His last 3-4 fights almost look identical.

He needed to make it to the break to allow Whitman to remind him to calm down. Charles is too lethal to let anybody off the hook though.

4 Likes

Justin made weight.
How about that?

2 Likes

I was rooting for Gaethje. Not that I dislike Olives, just because I’ve been a fan of his since before the UFC. If we measured fight IQ numerically I would give him a -5. Dude has one of the worse IQs in MMA history. He keeps saying “controlled chaos” but nothing he did in there was under control. Dude is technical for about 30 seconds then immediately goes into war mode. He fights the way Dustin fought in his 20s. Wittman did all the work to help him be more tactical but when Justin gets in there, he just can’t help himself. It’s a shame.

2 Likes

Yeah was wondering how scalegate was gonna effect him. He keeps on overcoming. He’s in god mode right now lol.

6 Likes

Dragon Ball Super Ultra Instinct GIF by TOEI Animation UK

3 Likes

Don’t think that’s entirely fair. He fought completely measured bs Tony and then against Chandler, they started out brawling but Justin then settled and controlled the fight. Those are striking battles tho of his style, Khabib and Charles fought him differently and he could hold up. He’s just not on kHabib and Charles’ level.

3 Likes

That is true. It’s definitely mental. It’s a panic berserker mode when he starts to feel like he is in danger. I forgot he did settle down against Chandler. Imagine how good Gaethje would be if he was able to channel that in.

2 Likes

Olivera should have dyed his hair super saiyan

4 Likes

I agree, I actually like him with the blonde hair cause it reminds me of Goku lol.

3 Likes