Olympic Wrestling Trials coming up!

Who ya got?

57 KG: Fix over Suriano (Wish Lee was healthy. I think he beats both and Fix is boring as can be) 3rd: Gross

65 KG: Yianni over Zain (not confident in the pick but Yianni is the opposite of Fix)  3rd: James Green

74 KG: Dake over Burroughs though it will be intreresting to see how Dake will do with the weight cut. Also, isnt there a new rule where they need to make weight both days? That could be a factor.  3rd: Isaiah Martinez

86 KG: David Taylor over Valencia    3rd: Bo Nickal

97 KG: Going Cox over Snyder 

125 KG: Gable over Gwiz   3rd: Parris

1 Like

when?! I can’t wait. Damn!!!

125kg Gwiz

97kg Snyder over Cox

86 Taylor

74kg Dake over Burroughs

65 Zain

57 Suriano

Is the Olympics happening?

This is the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, right?

14er - 

Who ya got?

57 KG: Fix over Suriano (Wish Lee was healthy. I think he beats both and Fix is boring as can be) 3rd: Gross

65 KG: Yianni over Zain (not confident in the pick but Yianni is the opposite of Fix)  3rd: James Green

74 KG: Dake over Burroughs though it will be intreresting to see how Dake will do with the weight cut. Also, isnt there a new rule where they need to make weight both days? That could be a factor.  3rd: Isaiah Martinez

Good picks.

I think that Suriano is really growing. I also predict Fix, but Nicky Pushups has a shot.

I think Yianni is a better international wrestler than Zain. But, Zain is getting the better of the series. I pick Zain. I was surprsied that Green did okay with the weight cut. Can’t count him out.

I also predict Dake over Burroughs. But, Burroughs is a gamer and definitely has a shot.

Taylor and Gable are probably the easiest picks.

I also have Cox over Snyder. I don’t know anyone who is picking Snyder, which is crazy.

Ill go Suriano..Gillman..Fix...then Yiani,Ruthorford...dake over Burroughs ...Taylor...Cox ...Gable

14er -

Who ya got?

I’m good with those picks.

If I was picking the best USA team, barring injuries, I would pick:

Lee

Yianni

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Snyder at HWT

Fuck the 6 weight system. I want all 10 world weights.

1 Like
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 
14er -

Who ya got?

I’m good with those picks.

If I was picking the best USA team, barring injuries, I would pick:

Lee

Yianni

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Snyder at HWT

Fuck the 6 weight system. I want all 10 world weights.

I know you said barring injuries, but Lee is out, unfortunately.

Agreed that 6 weights is BS. That said, it will make for some great super-matches.

DY3 - Is the Olympics happening?

This is the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, right?

2020ne Olympics, yes.

Received an email from USAW yesterday that they will not have spectators. Which is fine, as I’ve already purchased my tickets for Worlds in Oslo in October.

WHen do they start, and what's the best way to watch?

Lancifer -

WHen do they start, and what's the best way to watch?

Next weekend. I believe they are on the Olympic channel.

57 KG: Fix

65 KG: Yianni

74 KG: Burroughs

86 KG: David Taylor

97 KG: Snyder…Snyder is bigger, and COX has looked good but not great in his last couple of matches.

125 KG Gable…best US heavyweight since Baumgartner

60kg- hafisov

67kg- bunker

77kg- bey (pulling for provisor)

87kg- vera

97kg- hancock

130kg- Schultz 

List of all eligible wrestlers: https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6939635-whos-in-for-the-2021-olympic-trials-in-mens-free />

Let’s move trial talk to the trials thread.

Let’s hear your finals predictions, and Olympian picks!

57 kg

Arujau over Suriano-Arujau surprises

65 kg

Yianni over Zain-Hope this happens. Liking Yianni’s chances internationally. Oliver could also be in this spot.

74 kg

Dake over Burroughs-Fuck me. Never bet against JB. Let’s see how Dake handles the cut back down to 74.

86 kg

Taylor over Zahid- Has Zahid made adjustments? Will Downey incur sanctions? Looking forward to seeing Taylor back at 100%.

97 kg

Cox over Snyder- Cox has been pretty unstoppable. Does he have his tank back after COVID? Want to see Cox at 100% against Sadulaev.

125 kg

Steveson over Gwiz- Steveson is here. But does he have enough to take out Akgul or Petriashvili?

Arujau

Yianni

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Steveson

Prepare for bad picks:

57: gillman: with no Lee, who knows. Wrestled fix tough, and among Suriano and Fix, the guy who seems like he’s trying to win). Not sold on NLWC’s ability to take guys besides Taylor to the next level, but it could be a good spot to get the hawkeye back in the mix

65 - Joey McKenna: haven’t seen yianni in a while, no idea how he’s training or anything, but McKenna wrestled double tough out in Italy. Probably my favourite underdog in the whole tournament

74 - Dake and not confidently at all. Burroughs weakness right now is the weight cut. He looks tired and gets beat because he’s tired. He won’t be for this. I wish the NCAA guys hadn’t gotten hurt and that Griffith wasn’t taking a thousand units at Stanford, but whatever. I wanted to see how Bull or Lewis in mix, but oh well.

86 - Taylor: Somebody slap Nickal in the head for not going 86 at the worlds, because no one is beating Taylor, not Zahid, not Hall, not PD3minutes of fame.

97 - Snyder: I think cox can make 86, I think cox can beat a lot of people (not Sadulaev), I think cox is an absolute stud for wanting to go for history instead of another medal; I don’t know if cox hiding away wherever is getting him set for 97. I don’t know if he’s magic enough to beat what is now a grizzled vet in Snyder. Cox is magical, but not the same kind of magical that Sadulaev is, not that I’ve seen.

125 - Steveson: he’s confident, he’s improved, he’s a freak athlete, but they should have turned him loose in Rome or someplace; he just hasn’t seen guys that the world produces. Big ass men who’ll do bad shit to him. I know it was the folk season, but if buddy has put in the time on the mat, maybe he has a gut/lace combo, and if he does, he’ll be trouble.

side note, are they doing the worlds for the non olympic classes this year, because that’s a 92 kg championship that NIckal could win before jumping to mma.

ill change my pick to Arujo he lives in next town over but has been hot in free>

In for some wrestling knowledge and context from people who know more than me in this area. 

Solid thread OP

Winston Wolf -

ill change my pick to Arujo he lives in next town over but has been hot in free>

Agreed. Super dynamic with big move capabilities.

If Lee was competing, I would pick him to win trials and possibly the Olympics. Will be interesting to see who comes out at this weight.

1 Like

Suriano over Fix here...never go against a Sicilian in a game of death...

Stu Cazzo -

Suriano over Fix here...never go against a Sicilian in a game of death...

Nicky Push-ups has been opening up more on offense, so this is possible.

57 kg Seeds

1. Thomas Gilman (Nittany Lion WC/TMWC)

2. Daton Fix (Cowboy RTC/TMWC)

3. Vitali Arujau (Spartan Combat RTC/TMWC)

4. Seth Gross (Wisconsin RTC/Sunkist Kids)

5. Nick Suriano (Sunkist Kids)

6. Joe Colon (Cyclone RTC/TMWC)

7. Nathan Tomasello (TMWC)

8. Sean Russell (Gopher WC RTC)

9. Zane Richards (Illinois RTC)

10. Zach Sanders (Gopher WC RTC)