Olympic Wrestling Trials coming up!

GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 
wiggum -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 

Also looking forward to see how Chance Marstellar does at 74lg. While I expect to see Dale & Burroughs take the spot, Chance has been a different animal since going under the tutelage of Cary Kolat.

I know a lot of people in the D1 scene who respect Kolat’s coaching the most of any coach.

As a former teammate of Kolat’s, I can tell you that he has been respected and admired across all of his peer groups going back 30+ years. His knowledge of technique and mentality is unmatched, IMO.

That’s awesome that you competed with him.

GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
Winston Wolf -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
Winston Wolf -

ill change my pick to Arujo he lives in next town over but has been hot in free>

Agreed. Super dynamic with big move capabilities.

If Lee was competing, I would pick him to win trials and possibly the Olympics. Will be interesting to see who comes out at this weight.

great weight for sure...can i use my friends flo pass or whats it on

NBC Olympic Channel

I heard part will be on this channel and then the other part will be on Peacock, NBC’s streaming platform. 

wiggum -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 

Also looking forward to see how Chance Marstellar does at 74lg. While I expect to see Dale & Burroughs take the spot, Chance has been a different animal since going under the tutelage of Cary Kolat.

I know a lot of people in the D1 scene who respect Kolat’s coaching the most of any coach.

Why is he coaching somewhere where he’s never going to have access to prime recruits? I would think if he’s the coach everyone says he is he’d be at a no-name d1 school and building that from scratch with a bunch of kids eager to have Cary kolat as their coach.

something about the legend and how he’s currently carrying on just don’t seem to match up. Like there’s details missing people in the know would be privvy to that aren’t common knowledge. 

HillboFrateTrane -
wiggum -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 

Why is he coaching somewhere where he’s never going to have access to prime recruits? I would think if he’s the coach everyone says he is he’d be at a no-name d1 school and building that from scratch with a bunch of kids eager to have Cary kolat as their coach.

something about the legend and how he’s currently carrying on just don’t seem to match up. Like there’s details missing people in the know would be privvy to that aren’t common knowledge. 

It’s the magic of Kolat.

You saw what he did at Campbell, and he’s already done some good at Navy, who had 9 qualifiers. Yes, I know Cornell, Princeton, Penn, etc weren’t at EIWA’s but 9 qualifiers is still impressive.

Will be interesting to see what he does over 4 years with some of the most disciplined young men you can find. After that, I’d bet he lands somewhere big.

Also, I’m sure he has the freedom to work with guys like Marstellar, as well as develop his camps.

His technique series on YouTube and Instagram is impressive.

HaMMerHouseFAN -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
Winston Wolf -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
Winston Wolf -

ill change my pick to Arujo he lives in next town over but has been hot in free>

Agreed. Super dynamic with big move capabilities.

If Lee was competing, I would pick him to win trials and possibly the Olympics. Will be interesting to see who comes out at this weight.

great weight for sure...can i use my friends flo pass or whats it on

NBC Olympic Channel

I heard part will be on this channel and then the other part will be on Peacock, NBC’s streaming platform. 

You are correct.

Rumors are that Suriano is out related to COVID.

GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 
HillboFrateTrane -
wiggum -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 

It’s the magic of Kolat.

You saw what he did at Campbell, and he’s already done some good at Navy, who had 9 qualifiers. Yes, I know Cornell, Princeton, Penn, etc weren’t at EIWA’s but 9 qualifiers is still impressive.

Will be interesting to see what he does over 4 years with some of the most disciplined young men you can find. After that, I’d bet he lands somewhere big.

Also, I’m sure he has the freedom to work with guys like Marstellar, as well as develop his camps.

The other thing is that Kolat doesn’t seem super interested in being #1 these days; he just wants to promote excellence.

In a lot of ways, Navy is a GREAT place to be. Guaranteed support from Administration. Giant wrestling room. No funding issues. Roster is always deep. Less life problems.

Look at what Popolizio did at NC State and what Ayres did at Princeton. You can have an excellent program that remains excellent and produces champions for years. None of those programs will consistently beat Iowa or PSU. But, they’ll compete.

wiggum - 
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 
HillboFrateTrane -
wiggum -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 

It’s the magic of Kolat.

The other thing is that Kolat doesn’t seem super interested in being #1 these days; he just wants to promote excellence.

In a lot of ways, Navy is a GREAT place to be. Guaranteed support from Administration. Giant wrestling room. No funding issues. Roster is always deep. Less life problems.

Look at what Popolizio did at NC State and what Ayres did at Princeton. You can have an excellent program that remains excellent and produces champions for years. None of those programs will consistently beat Iowa or PSU. But, they’ll compete.

Adding that there are so many reasons to think Navy is a dream job. There is a reason why Burnett stayed there forever.

-Good pay.

-Stable.

-Annapolis is beautiful and affordable.

-You will consistently get tough guys who can All-American. Guys like Bryce Saddoris.

If you’re not obsessed with NCAA Team Titles, it’s a great quality of life.

wiggum -
wiggum - 
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 
HillboFrateTrane -
wiggum -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT - 

It’s the magic of Kolat.

Adding that there are so many reasons to think Navy is a dream job. There is a reason why Burnett stayed there forever.

-Good pay.

-Stable.

-Annapolis is beautiful and affordable.

-You will consistently get tough guys who can All-American. Guys like Bryce Saddoris.

If you’re not obsessed with NCAA Team Titles, it’s a great quality of life.

Fuck! Shame on me for not knowing Burnett was there. Burnett has a better understanding of Kolat than anyone, I would guess.

![](upload://cjZQ6jzy7f2ZTDqcWkJqc1V1P9X.jpeg)

![](upload://kz5xKWjJcbOibmmyBsacKPY6Swb.jpeg)

Thanks for the reminder. Just set my dvr.

GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -

Confirmed 

HillboFrateTrane - 
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -

Confirmed 

Damn.

Didn’t he leave NJ because a COVID breakout? Seems to be following him. (And us all, I guess).

Let’s go! Gonna be a great day for wrestling!!

Exact same picks here my brother, I have looked forward to the next installment of Dake Burroughs for some time now what a great match. Hardest to pick.

Starting in less than 15minutes on Peacock

Cox misses weight at 97 kg and is out of trials!!!

Came to post this. Horrible.

Unreal.

The guy needs to make some money - hope he looks at mma.