O'Malley Reveals He Got ‘Swatted’ During Recent Gaming live Stream, Briefly Detained

1 Like

UFC bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley had swarms of police at his home last weekend as the victim of a swatting incident.

O’Malley successfully defended the UFC bantamweight title by defeating Marlon Vera at UFC 299 in March. He’s expected to face Merab Dvalishvili in his next title defense later this year.

‘Swatting’ is when someone makes a prank call to emergency personnel to force a large police response to a targeted residence. Many celebrities, including Dr. Phil [McGraw] and various social media stars, have been victims of swatting in recent years.

As O’Malley was enjoying a quiet day at home with his family, he became the latest victim in the trending prank method.
“Went home, I’m like, ‘You know what? I’m gonna stream today,’” O’Malley said. “Streaming, about an hour and a half in I see a f**** cop fly down my road. I feel like instantly I kinda knew because I’ve heard about like Adin [Ross], and the big streamers getting swatted. People find out where they’re at and they call the cops, say something happened that obviously didn’t happen and then they’re f***** getting swatted…

“So, I peek out my head out the window to see if maybe it’s something else. But then they’re on the intercom and I see a bunch of cops and they’re like, ‘Walk out with your hands up.’ So I f**** walk out, hands up. I was like, ‘I’m just gonna listen. I could get shot’. I’ve got shotguns pointed at me, [assault rifles] from like four different cops.”

O’Malley went on to acknowledge that was briefly detained in the back of a police vehicle as officers searched his home. As of this writing, the person who made the false-flag call hasn’t been identified.

Luckily, O’Malley nor any of his family were harmed in the incident. Going forward, the UFC bantamweight champion will likely increase security at his home to prevent future incidents.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/news/sean-omalley-gets-swatted-police-arrive-at-his-home-with-guns-drawn

Sean O’Malley gets ‘swatted,’ police arrive at his home with guns drawn

UFC bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley was briefly detained by police after a fellow gamer ‘swatted’ him.

When I was 16, I was walking down the street with pantyhose on my head, and trying to ride my bike over giant mounds of dirt and rocks on construction sites. Sure I was taking a risk, but that risk only affected me.

1 Like

🚨NEW: UFC bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley says his home in Arizona was swatted last weekend while he was live streaming, reveals he had several “shotguns” and “AR-15’s” pointed at him. 👀

“Went home, I’m like, ‘You know what? I’m gonna stream today,’” O’Malley said on The… pic.twitter.com/NdR2TFqg1w

— Parry Punch (@ParryPunchNews) May 20, 2024
1 Like

Deny The Office GIF

2 Likes

Nft Lol GIF by HPPRS

:joy:

I think they did it on Jackass. Whatever they did, I tried to do it.

1 Like

The point is I wasn’t trying to get police to arrest random people.

When I was 18 I was at a friend’s house and we were swatted

We were getting high and playing computer games, and shooting each other with BB guns,

An older resident in the apartment building a cross could see into the living room and saw us and called the cops on us.

When the burst through we thought it was because of the weed…

It was quite scary (mostly because we were high)

2 Likes

I was about the same age, at a friends house, when we got raided and flash banged. The grenade rolled right up against my friend’s foot before it blew. The front of his shoe was blown open with his toes hanging out with scorch marks around it…looked like something out of Looney Toons lol.

He also leaned down and looked directly at it just as it blew. :joy: Even when his vision started coming back he kept saying everything looked pink for a while.

1 Like

It’s actually pathetic that it’s this easy for a swat team to respond with no real info.

They should lose their entire check for the month and be close to be fired for it.

Whoever calls it in should be killed

10 Likes

Agreed.

This is actually what I was initially going to post before SWAT story nostalgia got me lol.

2 Likes

You didn’t get swatted. Neighbor saw two kids with firearms and called the police.

1 Like

At least when we got swatted, there were actual witnesses that called the feds in us.

This story seems like there was obviously no witnesses.

Maybe he was getting beaten on the Xbox against some 9yr old from china and he flashed them his real gun or something.

Maybe it was Henry Cejudos that called maybe Chito or Pete yan

Or Jon Jones? He likes snitching on stoners.

Please tell me how this would prevent what happened.

Fucking idiot :rofl:.

The Notorious B.I.G. once rapped “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems,” but even that song couldn’t have predicted some of the downsides of fame in the social media age.

UFC bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley released footage from a home security camera, as well as a camera pointed at him while he live-streamed while playing a video game, of his surprise when he saw what he said were four different police officers pointing AR-15 assault rifles his direction.

On the latest episode of his “Timbo Sugarshow” podcast with coach Tim Welch, O’Malley said he was live streaming while playing a video game online and saw police outside. He said he had a quick inclination that he might be a “swatting” victim.

Swatting is the act of making a call to emergency services to send them to a location where no emergency exists. Because the reports typically include highly dramatic scenarios like hostages and bombs, emergency response often involves S.W.A.T. teams, hence the term.

The act has increased dramatically in recent years with the rise of social media, and targets often are celebrities and internet and social media personalities who live stream some of their content. In some cases, the hoaxers can use a caller ID hack to make it appear as if the emergency call is coming from the actual residence. That makes the perpetrators of swatting hoaxes even more difficult to track down.

“I’ve heard about, like Adin (Ross) and the big streamers getting swatted,” O’Malley said on the podcast. “People find out where they’re at and they call the cops, say something happened that obviously didn’t happen, and then they’re f*cking getting swatted.

“I peek out my head out the window to see if maybe it’s something else, but then they’re on the intercom and I see a bunch of cops. They’re like, ‘Walk out with your hands up.’ So I fckin’ walk out, hands up. I was like, ‘I’m just going to listen. I could get shot.’ I was like, ‘OK, if I just listen to them, I’ll be all right.’ But you never know: Someone sneezes, pulls the trigger – I’ve got fckin’ shotguns pointed at me, AR-(15)s from like four different cops pointed at me. I was like, ‘I’m just going to listen and walk back.”

O’Malley said he was put into the back of a police car for more than a half-hour while officers investigated. He said the hoax call was a report that he had killed his parents.

“I was sitting in the back of that cop car in handcuffs and I was like, ‘Dude, that’s crazy: I had freedom five minutes ago. Now I have none. Zero.’ … They said I killed my parents or something like that, and they thought there was an active shooter inside.”

O’Malley said some of the officers didn’t know who he was, but others arrived and recognized him as a UFC champion. He said then the likelihood of a false report seemed to sink in for the police who responded to the call.

Most states have no specific anti-swatting laws, but the act typically falls under one or more of several different crimes. Convictions can result in jail time and fines.

O’Malley (18-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) won the bantamweight title with a second-round TKO of Aljamain Sterling this past August at UFC 292. At UFC 299 in March, he defended the belt for the first time with a unanimous decision win over Marlon Vera, the only fighter who holds a win over O’Malley.

O’Malley has become one of the UFC’s most popular fighters. The 29-year-old Phoenix-based fighter has nine post-fight bonuses in his 11 UFC fights, including in each of his six straight wins.

Be sure to visit the MMA Junkie Instagram page and YouTube channel to discuss this and more content with fans of mixed martial arts.

1 Like

This

Has to be a bunch of retards with nothing to do.