O'Malley: Why I feel like I didn't lose

RedDragonUK -

This is what happens when you surround yourself with yes men. Kid could do with training with GSP for a camp and learn humility 

Yeah, that Tim guy will only take him so far.

1 Like

as they say in the Bronx.....Facts don't care about your feelings

Oh shit I am going to enjoy watching him get low kicked to death in his next 3 fights. 

3 Likes

That the last thing his coaches wanna hear. They wanna hear “I’m still gonna be champ but I gotta figure out how to stop that calf kick & remember to break a guys posture the second he’s on my guard.” What he says probably worries them more than the loss itself- everyone loses.

Cept Khabib, Floyd & Karelin (screw Rulon)

2 Likes

As the great philosopher Paulo costa would say " he tall and skinny and look like circus de soleil"

chilz -
RedDragonUK -

This is what happens when you surround yourself with yes men. Kid could do with training with GSP for a camp and learn humility 

Yeah, that Tim guy will only take him so far.

bEEp

I could be wrong but I don’t think he’s that dumb.

Until he takes a Diaz/Conor 1 finish he isn’t going to change up anything. I’m sure the dude has great belief in himself but he is also managing a brand and it’s obviously making him some money. Maybe he can’t hang with the top 10, top 5 but he’s going to make every dollar he can while finding out. Gonna take a real ass whooping for him to change his tune.

If you make yourself a guy people love or hate that still leaves everyone wanting to see you fight. The bitch of it is that it worked on me. I root for whoever he is fighting every goddamn time but I make sure I watch every one of them to find out what happens. Hopefully he gets another tough one when he comes back.

The only UFC fighter to ever lose by tripping over his own feet

Just low life trash.

This kind of attitude will stunt your growth as a fighter, Chito doesn't "suck" and if you walk around telling yourself you lost to a fighter who "sucks" then you're learning nothing from that loss.

What did GSP do when he lost to a fighter that wasn't "as good" as him? He changed his whole game based on that loss. O'malley is never gonna readjust if he thinks theirs no need to.

Kirik -

Colby Covington has an awesome heel schtick. Feels like O'Malley's is genuine. I dunno what to make of it.

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1296581050286645250

Hes just a fucking dork who happens to be a good fighter.  Most of the people I know whos identitiy is tied to smoking weed are tools.  Can you imagine wearing this robe non ironically?

1 Like
yomamafool -

The only UFC fighter to ever lose by tripping over his own feet

Not true.

superCalo -

Suger Shawn won the30 seconds of that fight, dominated it, in a street fight that's all it takes, fights don't go past 30 seconds in the streets, chito won a fake fight with rules , omalley won the battle, the war continues 

Good to have you back

Bill Mahoney - That the last thing his coaches wanna hear. They wanna hear "I'm still gonna be champ but I gotta figure out how to stop that calf kick & remember to break a guys posture the second he's on my guard." What he says probably worries them more than the loss itself- everyone loses.

Cept Khabib, Floyd & Karelin (screw Rulon)

I think his coaches encourages it on the contrary. He’s like his biggest fan

I like this attitude, it's refreshing, O'Malley says what he's thinking and if you don't like it that's your problem.

It was a lucky shot that ended the fight, I would like to see a rematch.

1 Like

Actually, it’s his problem, and why he is exposed to ridicule. Doesn’t affect anyone else.

1 Like

Hell either be the next Connor McGregor or the next Junie Browning.

choadler - 

Hes young and hungry, and he has skills. Nothing perfect about him though, yes he bought into his own hype.

Don't want to weigh in on sean anymore, let's see how he comes back.

How about Chito though? Made me a fan. His post fight interview was awesome. Chiro seems like a down to earth, tough as nails mf'er. Really enjoy watching him fight, and from what he had to say in interview, I'll be rooting for him till the end. Sounds like a family guy, a worker, and an overachiever. Love it. Rock on Chiro. Looking forward to next.

Agreed. I became a fan of his.

Joshinho - 

This kind of attitude will stunt your growth as a fighter, Chito doesn't "suck" and if you walk around telling yourself you lost to a fighter who "sucks" then you're learning nothing from that loss.

What did GSP do when he lost to a fighter that wasn't "as good" as him? He changed his whole game based on that loss. O'malley is never gonna readjust if he thinks theirs no need to.

Right. The idea that Chito “sucks” was one of the primary reasons for O’Malley to quit. Little easier on the ego to “get injured” than to lose to a guy who “sucks” when he felt the tide start turning. Shame is a hell of a motivator.O’Malley’s coach did him no favors there. From all accounts he was encouraging that thought process.

He faced adversity and he broke. Then he milked the "injury" for all he could.