One Offered Nogannou 20 Million Guaranteed

Think so? Doesn’t seem to happen much in boxing.

They didn’t offer that amount.

exactly, I give this article about a .01% chance of being true. Sounds like he has a deal lined up with PFL/Bellator and One didnt like what he was asking for (not 20m) and now trying to save face.

20 million pesos maybe

Dude Chatri has the most integrity out of the top MMA league CEOs. He’s not Dana White.

1 Like

I did skim the article though and it doesn’t say how many fights. That’s the unknown.

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/chatri-sityodtong-one-board-seat-francis-ngannou Chatri Sityodtong: Francis Ngannou Wanted ONE Board Seat & Ability To ‘Determine His Opponent’s Pay’

Francis Ngannou Wanted ONE Board Seat & Ability To ‘Determine His Opponent’s Pay’

1 Like

1 Like

ONE CEO Chatri Sityodtong says Francis Ngannou wanted unprecedented control over fighter pay during contract talks.

Talks of a deal between Ngannou and ONE came to an abrupt halt in recent days after a lengthy negotiation process. Ngannou remains a free agent, but there are rumors that he could come to terms with another MMA promotion in the coming weeks.

Ngannou hasn’t fought since a win over Ciryl Gane at UFC 270 last year. He was expected to fight Jon Jones for his next UFC heavyweight title defense before parting ways with the promotion. A major focus of Ngannou’s contract demands is the ability and flexibility to fight in boxing simultaneously. This was an element that wasn’t present in his UFC contract and didn’t allow him to face off with the likes of Tyson Fury and other boxers.

Ngannou has gone on the record as saying that money isn’t the important part of his standoff, although Sityodtong’s recent claims question that claim.

Chatri Sityodtong Opens Up On Francis Ngannou Contract Talks

Lololol, giant fucking retard

2 Likes

i got to agree

5 Likes
1 Like

20mil is more then enough to start your own business, nobody will want him as co-founder or something similar
He is pain in the ass to deal with in the first place, second what he brings to the table? I doubt he has any ideas to how to gain more revenue like tested practically/logical/etc situations
Has no charisma or good with words, cant be front face
He is an old fighter, with a bum knee, the best part is history, maybe has 2fights left, maybe zero if opponent is wrestling based

7 Likes

This. Wahlberg called Conor’s bluff on this. You gonna walk in and get a piece of something these huge consortiums hustled their life for.

Good luck

2 Likes

Dude was employee of the month at McDonald’s now expects to be made franchise owner at burger king.

7 Likes

There’s getting rich, and staying rich. Ngannnanananauuuoo used to live in the UFC gym when he was homeless. He’s fucked the UFC over many times since then and it’s all for greed.

3 Likes

That’s disappointing, big time. I’m a big ONE fan and really wanted to see Francis vs their current HW champ Malykhin, because that guy has brutal power and has been unstoppable so far.

Other than a high profile boxing match, ONE was probably Ngannou’s best landing spot.

I don’t know what the hell he’s looking for, but he’s just about out of options and is at risk of fading into obscurity.

2 Likes

This. I’m sure he’s not gonna go fight for 10 grand in glory. He’s fucked himself and will find out

1 Like

Hopefully cooler heads prevail and they can come back to the table to talk again. Maybe they can offer him a different set of incentives that are agreeable without ridiculous shit like him being a board member of their company (lol).

He’s played his hand too much at this point. People now know he’s a pain in the ass to deal with, and they know he’s running out of options, so this is all gonna work against him in the long run, and he’ll probably end up having to take way less than he would if he would have just played ball earlier in the process.

I appreciate his willingness to stand up for whatever cause he seems to believe in, but damn is he making some dumb ass decisions right now. In terms of actually getting to monetize Star power, unless there’s some huge money African promotion opening up tomorrow, ONE, with their marketing and outreach, is probably his best chance at staying relevant and having opportunities outside the cage.

And besides, ONE has maybe three solid HW’s but it’s not exactly a murderers row.

1 Like