Out stretched hand =/= eye poke

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
sekundarburnes - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
sekundarburnes - except when your outstretched hand pokes someone in the eye

So tell me the difference between the 2 below scenarios. In a 5 round fight....

Fighter A: Throws 30 leg kicks and 2 go high and hit his opponents groin. Fighter is warned that he will lose a point if it happens again.

Jones: Stiff arms opponent's face/head 30 times over the course of the fight and twice his fingers happen to go in an eye. He is warned a point will be deducted if it happens again.

In any scenario similar to and including the ones you put down, if fighter whatever cant execute a technique without accidentally breaking the rules and he continues usong that technique, he should be punished with a point deduction. What's so shitty about what jones does is that he probably knows he's forcing his opponent to move awkwardly to avoid an eye poke, and that, in addition to measuinh distance is why he holds his arms and fingers out in the other guy's face

Completely agree. If he continues to use the illegal technique, he should definitely lose a point each time it happens. Dan warned him last night, either in the 1st or 2nd round that if it happens again, he would lose a point. It never happened again. He adjusted.

Now you are just straight lying. He stopped for about 2 mins in the second round and the picked right up again in the 3rd.

Johnny Mclain - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Johnny Mclain - http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=93064767

this is a collection of poke gifs.

He should have been called on it vs Rua

It is now his most effective weapon and the base of his style.

You clearly missed the point of the thread. The OP is saying an outstretched hand/pawing at your opponents head and face is NOT equal to an eye poke.

And those gifs you showed prove his point. I didn't see one eye poke on Lyoto, Shogun, Rampage, or Rashad.

I believe Jones has poked Gustaffson once in the eye and now Glover twice. Add up the rounds he's fought in the UFC. Add up the minutes and I'm sure you'd find it quite difficult to say it's his "most effective weapon." You're not being honest with yourself.

If you do not see a single poke in those gifs, I feel sorry for you.

No need to feel sorry for me. I live a great life. Now, back to the thread.

None of those are eye pokes. When a fighter is poked in the eye, either the fight is stopped so they can recover and/or to warn the offender. Yes, I realize sometimes things are missed in a fight, but if they are all eye pokes, how come he was never warned in any of those fights, a point was never deducted, and the fights were never haulted?

the person with the hand on his face does have an option to move his head

vagabond - You don't know what you are talking about. Glover got poked multiple times after the first two. Somewhere after the second or third he gave up on the ref doing his job and adjusted his approach.

Try closing the distance and punching a guy who is trying to finger fuck your eye socket.

You could actually see jones look confused as to what to do after the second warning. He tried to jab with a closed fist and quickly gave up and resorted back to his open handed jabbing because he was clueless.

Not to mention got tagged multiple times before he reverted back to his old ways.

He backed up fists closed and looked confused as hell. Phone Post 3.0

It's playground technique. Put your hand on the head of the little kid that's trying to hit you.

You would expect an MMA fighter to have an answer to that.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
sekundarburnes - except when your outstretched hand pokes someone in the eye

So tell me the difference between the 2 below scenarios. In a 5 round fight....

Fighter A: Throws 30 leg kicks and 2 go high and hit his opponents groin. Fighter is warned that he will lose a point if it happens again.

Jones: Stiff arms opponent's face/head 30 times over the course of the fight and twice his fingers happen to go in an eye. He is warned a point will be deducted if it happens again.
The difference is when someone gets poked in the eye they can't see Phone Post 3.0

All contact with an opponent's face needs to be closed fist, and they may not be deliberate eye pokes, but it sure as hell is negligent what JBJ was doing.

Robert P Hansson - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Johnny Mclain - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Johnny Mclain - http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=93064767

this is a collection of poke gifs.

He should have been called on it vs Rua

It is now his most effective weapon and the base of his style.

You clearly missed the point of the thread. The OP is saying an outstretched hand/pawing at your opponents head and face is NOT equal to an eye poke.

And those gifs you showed prove his point. I didn't see one eye poke on Lyoto, Shogun, Rampage, or Rashad.

I believe Jones has poked Gustaffson once in the eye and now Glover twice. Add up the rounds he's fought in the UFC. Add up the minutes and I'm sure you'd find it quite difficult to say it's his "most effective weapon." You're not being honest with yourself.

If you do not see a single poke in those gifs, I feel sorry for you.

No need to feel sorry for me. I live a great life. Now, back to the thread.

None of those are eye pokes. When a fighter is poked in the eye, either the fight is stopped so they can recover and/or to warn the offender. Yes, I realize sometimes things are missed in a fight, but if they are all eye pokes, how come he was never warned in any of those fights, a point was never deducted, and the fights were never haulted?

Jesus you're unbelievably stupid, or just a liar.

Just stop.

You stop

Jones points his finger straight forward until warned, then he will point them upward (away from the eyes). I think he knows what he's doing. 

Click on [Spoiler]Jones vs. Teixeira

http://www.reddit.com/r/mma/

and Gustaffson's training camp:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachments/all-things-boats-and-boating/65226d1324410242-rapid-global-climate-shift-its-socio-economic-effects-eye_poke_defense.jpg

Heh.

It's hard to say he uses it to judge distance. In the machida fight, the gif that is circulating around you can see jones desperately reach with both hands towards machidas face and then proceed to back peddle as fast as possible with his arm out.

I completely understand the logic behind gauging distance, but, more often than not it turns into some hazardous eye poke than an effective strike against his opponent. Phone Post 3.0

Why grab the wrist and use it to propel yourself toward the opponent. Plenty of karate people do it. Be nice to see of that works. Phone Post 3.0

man meets tate - 

Finally, someone actually posts a gif of an actual eyepoke. Usually you babies are posting gifs of the Rashad, Shogun, Machida, and Rampage fight over and over and over where no eye poke actually occurs. Hence the thread pointing out that an outstretched hand is not equal to an eye poke.

And if I cared enough, I'd make a gif of Glover spitting out his mouthpiece 3 times, which is also illegal.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
man meets tate - 

Finally, someone actually posts a gif of an actual eyepoke. Usually you babies are posting gifs of the Rashad, Shogun, Machida, and Rampage fight over and over and over where no eye poke actually occurs. Hence the thread pointing out that an outstretched hand is not equal to an eye poke.

And if I cared enough, I'd make a gif of Glover spitting out his mouthpiece 3 times, which is also illegal.
If you can't see eye pokes in those other fights then jones must of alrdy got to you Phone Post 3.0

man meets tate - 

Frankly, this shit is so blatant, he should have been DQ'd. You can't defend this.