Overeem will NEVER be #1 if he's not in the UFC

sorry nutdanglers. Its truuf. He's ducking the best comp in the world beating up bums and getting paid great while doing it. Winning the K1 tourny was impressive but like Fedor, he can't possibly be ranked anywhere near the top 5 in MMA as long as he's ducking the real men of the divison.

Agreed
...and I like how everyone throws in the K1 thing...great he won K1, he is an amazing striker, we get that...that is why he is the K1 champ.
Is Damien Maia the new GOAT because he tools heavyweights in grappling tourneys? I mean he's going up a couple weight classes and subbing guys like Gabriel Gonzaga.
Nobody ever throws in the fact that Roger Gracie is undefeated in MMA and subs EVERYONE at EVERY grappling tourney he enters. He is the best EVER!!!! #1 in the world P4P. He must be, he is dominant in his base sport...why is he not consdiered the geartest thing since sliced kimbo?
Oh but he hasn't fought anyone legit yet, right?
NEITHER has Overeem in 3 plus years...
He just got a title beating a guy who was knocked out stiff the fight before and defended his other title a while back beating a guy who was just knocked out stiff the fight before....
I just dont see how people with functional brains can even hype this guy up anymore than he already is by SF and every MMA org he fights for in Japan....
Maybe next week he'll become the new WWF champion, then he'll have 3 titles that dont mean shit!!

He'll also never be number 1 if he doesn't fight anyone in the top ten.

Monsters Ball - He's ducking a Zuffa slave contract if he is ducking anything. He wants to do K-1 also and we know the control freaks at Zuffa won't allow that.

Yeah they would most likely make him defend his title once if he were to win it.

Eveready - At the moment I'm sure he's earning more money doing K1 and MMA then he could get under a UFC contract. Why would he sign with the UFC where he has less freedom and makes less money?

And have to fight real competition.

I with Dana on this one. Did anyone see what happen to Duffee in the UFC against Chubbs?

Fedor Emelianenko is the #1 HW fighter on the planet at this current time, regardless of if he has fought in the UFC or not. Overeem needs to do a little bit more accomplishin' to even come close to the run Fedor has had.

Fedor = 35 professional heavyweight fights, one loss by submission, only rocked once by a punch

Overeem = been KO'd 9 times, caliber of opponent during his era of dominance weaker by leaps and bounds than that of Fedor

Jons Forsberg - Strikeforce has a better HW division than UFC.

pardon me???

Name one fighter on the UFC heavyweight roster who has beaten the amount of quality opponents that Fedor has. Just one. I'll wait.

Employer - Name one fighter on the UFC heavyweight roster who has beaten the amount of quality opponents that Fedor has. Just one. I'll wait.

fuck off. this thread isn't about the late great career of Fedor. We all know he was the best ever back in 2006. He's in the same boat as Overeem as far as I'm concerned. IF you're not going to scrap in the number 1 org in the world, piss on ya.

ThreadRuiner - 

fuck off. this thread isn't about the late great career of Fedor. We all know he was the best ever back in 2006. He's in the same boat as Overeem as far as I'm concerned. IF you're not going to scrap in the number 1 org in the world, piss on ya.

fuck yourself faggot. this thread is a joke in even insinuating that Overeem could possibly be #1, when Fedor is still out there. Your supposed #1 champion has only 9 fights in his career... get that Zuffa money though shill, I'm not hatin on ya

Cain needs to join Strikeforce to fight the best HWs in the world.

PrideGP is The GAME - 
Jons Forsberg - 
Joe_Leduc - Cain needs to join Strikeforce to fight the best HWs in the world.

Reem will get tested more in the UFC than he would in SF.

BigFoot - Another Duffe type destruction. Kyle dropped BigFoot.

Werdum - Doesn't want to fight new and improved Reem.

Fedor - See Werdum.

Brock, JDS, Cain and Carwin would all fight Reem.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not saying that Brock, JDS, Cain and Carwin would beat Reem, but they would fight him.

He could definitely be no. 1 without UFC, it is not like UFC's HW division is that stacked with top guys, the top guys are split pretty evenly.

Noone in the UFC can ever fight Fedor, thats a bigger win than anyone in UFC.

who gives a fuck about rankings. he is a bad ass. the end

Fedor is probably the most skilled mma fighter on the planet but fighting 4 times in the last 3 years (with a loss) against subpar comp just isn't gonna cut it.

OP is correct. Beating UFC rejects won't make you number one.

LOL at "slave contract" excuse.

fiercedragon - 
Employer - Name one fighter on the UFC heavyweight roster who has beaten the amount of quality opponents that Fedor has. Just one. I'll wait.
the fact that you're bringing in a fighter that just got FINISHED INSIDE 2 MINUTES makes your point moot...

ahhh...

You retarded ?

fiercedragon - 
the fact that you're bringing in a fighter that just got FINISHED INSIDE 2 MINUTES makes your point moot...

He got caught, one mistake that cost him a fight. At no point has he ever been KO'd, rocked more than one time, or even dominated ever outside of that one minute of his MMA career. At no point in time when he was running through the best competition that there is at heavyweight has anyone ever said "damn, Fedor's getting his ass kicked." aside from that split second mistake that he made against Werdum and when Fujita wobbled him.

Without setting foot in the UFC, Overeem becomes the #1 heavyweight by beating Fedor and Werdum. That's it.