Pat Barry “No Regrets, Namajunas loss just one of those days”

USATSI_7302787_crop_north

1 Like

Pat comes off to me like some guy you find on an inside prison documentary.

4 Likes

that’s where he should be anyway.

2 Likes

He definitely looks like he has the same retardation Karl Childers had in Sling blade.

I reckon I’ll take dat der girl on a date for some taters

5 Likes

wahlburgers GIF

4 Likes

That was very hard to watch.

3 Likes

Wait, what…she actually has a service dog. Not sure if serious.

An emotional support dog she brings around with her in public.

1 Like

I think she has an emotional support animal

1 Like

Goes to show how much I know, I thought they were only for disabled people.

Brought it with her in her cage walk at MSG when she took the belt from Johanna.

2 Likes

Service animals are for disability and are protected. ESA are not protected as far as i know

1 Like

She is mentally disabled.

6 Likes

Emotional support animals aren’t service animals.

Yeah, there’s a difference between years of training to help a blind guy get around and a mutt with a fag.

This fight was the best example of a fighter so worried about what the opponent would do that they forget to do anything themselves.
Many have made have mistake.

I can understand being so worried about Demien maias bjj that u don’t get off your own attacks.
I can understand being so cautious of the power of Derrick Lewis that even Francis did too little.

But I cannot for the life of me quantify how rose and her coaches would be so terrified of friggin Carla!
I’d have thought that rose could use a kick heavy style and won, a punch heavy style and won.
Or just grappled and tapped Carla out.

But after rose beat Joanna and the Chinese champ, AND Jessica Andrade…all of whom would be huge favorites Vs Carla…
Rose then decides that she must give Carla so much respect that she just circles away the whole fight.
Thug rose???
Vs 5’1” Carla Esparza.z who looked utterly terrified of Joanna.
Whom rose knocked out.

Weirdly. I liked the rose/carla fight.
It was fascinating.
In the sense that Pat and Trevor and rose herself were all of them suffering from the same illusion that rose was in the cage with Amanda or maybe valentina.
And that they all buffeted each other’s delusion that although Carla was at least coming forward and trying takedowns and yet rose did nothing that rose was somehow dominating.

They all somehow convinced each other that not only was rose winning but that the crowd booing was a good thing and that it was solely directed at Carla.

Let’s get this strait…
Thug rose had a plan to essentially steal a close decision over carla Esparza by making nothing happen.
That was the best they came up with.

It still boggles my mind. It even bottles my mind. That’s how insane it was.

It would be like if the Harlem Globetrotters played a safe boring game Vs the Washington generals in the hopes of sneaking away with the W in the 4th quarter.

I’ll never get tired of talking about this fight,
It is the MMA equivalent to movies like “the room” or “plan 9”.
Someone thought the ideas for those movies was sound. Just as rose coaches came up with the gameplan to run away from Carla friggin Esparza.
It would be like if Nicco Montanha had actually shown up to fight Valentina and Valentina had just sought to get away from the dreaded Nicco.
And still to this day despite the near universal agreement of the madness we witnessed in that fight, Pat still has the inability to accept what actually happened.
Fascinating stuff.
The human mind is a helluva thing.

4 Likes

The fact that Trevor Whitman was allowing that fucking Paterast to spew all that nonsense to Rose between rounds and wasn’t willing to speak up was not a good sign.

6 Likes

The cherry on top was at the very end when rose actually tried a takedown she has no issue actually getting it.
After being terrified of Carla’s shot,
Now one would expect had rose Landed that TD early in a round that the fight is over right there.
Well someone other than them would suspect that anyways

1 Like