Paulo Filho calls out Hughes

Kai, it was both the GNP and the RNC (unless Rorian has also TMed "GGNP"...)

mrhahd.... when have you ever seen filho in the slightest amount of trouble on the ground?

hughes has been in trouble on the ground on numerous occasions. and where have you seen hughes prove his superior standup skills?

filho has at least rocked people standing. hughes never has.

man im torn here love both guys eh id say Filho by decision

Hughes is amazing and I will never bet against him after his fight with Charuto but Paulo Filho is a serious badass and would have Hughes in alot of trouble. Dont use the Royce fight as an example for how Hughes vs. Filho would go. Filho has excellent bjj, takedowns, and clinch work. He also spars standup alot and has better training partners. Besides that he is really strong and athletic plus he is aggressive and very fking crazy. I trained at BTT for 6 months so I got to train with Paulao quite a bit. He`s a really good guy. Matt Hughes is one of my favorite fighters and I think this would turn out to be a very exciting fight alot like Trigg Hughes but IMO this time Hughes will be on the losing end.

im a huge hughes fan but all that aside he would most likely lose to filho :(

filho at 185 like someone said above but not 170. filho is so underrated it's not even funny.

Flowslo speaks the truth, anyone who's trained with BTT knows what a badass Paulao is. The guy is a freak standing and on the ground, his takedowns are the best at BTT and he is fucking crazy and I mean it.. Look for big things from Filho!!

"Filho is 200+ lbs"

"Sure he is and he benched 800lbs as well"

Uhm, yeah Filho is 200 plus. He cuts quite a bit to get down to 183 now.

I don't understand the Filho disrespect. When Randy Couture, Hughes, or a dozen other midwest fighters take someone down and control them with solid GnP and occassionally finish, they are awesome, dominate fighters.

When Filho does it, staying more active, improving position and finishing by submission even more frequently, he is a bore and a "blanket".

I hate to say it, but I think if his name was Paul Frazer and he was from Indiana he would be hailed and praised by everyone on here.

Who is Paulo Filho??

bttt

Hughes has yet to beat BJ so first things first

ttt

Fihlo recently rolled with a Gracie and got dominated. Hughes recently rolled with a Gracie and had much more success.

LOL at Royce having high class bjj skills.

Anyone who isn't a jockrider knew that Royce would get tooled.

Wallid choked him out.

Plus Royce couldn't submit a guy who fights at 155 (and has been submitted before in MMA)

Filho would also tool Royce (more than likley wose than Hughes did.

I fucking hate Filho, but he would be a very very tough fight for Hughes.

Oh this again.

Great fight, Love Filho, but Matt would be on top. I'd like to see Paulo sub him from Guard, it would amaze the hell out of me.

LOL@Anyobdy saying either fighter is a lock in that fight.

G... Yeah man, WHO to go for in this one!? I love Filho and obviously Matt is my boy... Just a great inter-event matchup. Such a shame we don't get more of them :( Henderson v Franklin Chuck v Shogun that kind of shit.

can't count out anyone training out of mfs...

and filho's wrestling is not on par w/ hughes'... it's about who you've taken down, and matt's got that dept... either way, all fights are tough fights...

Pretty close fight, Filho would be favorite.

Filho is amazing, in that he is so skilled and qualified, yet can't seem to do anything in a fight that resembles damage and/or excitement. Sure, he gets the occasional armbar, but it is preceded by him sitting on top of a dude contemplating whether he should try to punch the guy or not. Once he faces a top 5 at 183, he'll be fucked.

Fihlo is a douche.

So, still think Filho would 'destroy' Hughes.